Offense | The Boneyard

Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Though some people were complaining about the games this weekend not being competitive, it did give UCONN a chance to run a couple new sets. At least new sets to me, as I had not seen them run them this year.

They ran a clear-out for Chong on one play that worked really well with her quickness and speed. They cleared out the back and had all 5 players above the FT line, 3 on one side with Chong and I think Dolson on the other. Then ran a hand-off for Chong and as soon as she got around the corner it was clear to the hoop. Really nice. I imagine they can run the same for Jefferson and Hartley.

The second thing they ran was a double stack. Haven't seen them run this before (that I can remember??). A lot of men's teams run this. I know Indiana used to run this a lot, probably still do. Wonder if Geno got this from working with Knight at those workshops?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Though some people were complaining about the games this weekend not being competitive, it did give UCONN a chance to run a couple new sets. At least new sets to me, as I had not seen them run them this year.

They ran a clear-out for Chong on one play that worked really well with her quickness and speed. They cleared out the back and had all 5 players above the FT line, 3 on one side with Chong and I think Dolson on the other. Then ran a hand-off for Chong and as soon as she got around the corner it was clear to the hoop. Really nice. I imagine they can run the same for Jefferson and Hartley.

The second thing they ran was a double stack. Haven't seen them run this before (that I can remember??). A lot of men's teams run this. I know Indiana used to run this a lot, probably still do. Wonder if Geno got this from working with Knight at those workshops?

I haven't watched much of the last three games - just bits and pieces - do you recall (roughly) when and which game they did the clear-out for Chong? I would like to go back on ESPN3 and catch taht

Thanks

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Can you say a bit more about the double stack?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Wow, it's really complicated! Gives lots of options, too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can you say a bit more about the double stack?
They start with the ball up top. On each side they have two players basically right next to each other. Usually the big will set a pick and the guard will come out to about the 3 pt line. This happens at the same time so the point has the option to go either side, whoever is more open. If the pick is good the guard has the option of a 3 pt. If not the bigs immediately turn and have post position and the guard can feed into the post. On the opposite side the ball goes, the guard can run back through the lane and the opposite side big can pick for her and she can end up on the ball side corner, possibly open for a 3 pt.

I don't remember what they did exactly last night (which option) I was just amazed to see the stack.

Basically instead of the 4 out motion they run normally which has 1 post, this is more a version of a 3 out motion where you have 2 posts.

Sorry, didn't see Ozzie's link.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, a flow version...that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics