Obviously Football is Doomed | The Boneyard

Obviously Football is Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We must play the hand we are dealt. We were the basketball capital of the world in 2004. Both men/woman have won again since. How do we get our Basketball Prestige back? Fans don't want to see Geno/Ollie vs Tulane as a conference game. Something drastic must be done. We can't control invites or raids. It's great to try and become AAU, I hope we get it, but our roots are basketball. Without Jim/Geno the school would be URI, which by the way may get into the ACC before us. Sources say. So wtf are our leaders in Storrs going to do before we shrivel up and die?

Reaction Score
Hopefully some basketball-only conference forms that consists of the bball-only BE schools and the top tier A-10 schools. Join that for bball, go Independent or join some scrub conference in football. I don't really care about that side of things.

UConn
Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Providence
Marquette
Seton Hall
DePaul
Xavier
Butler
St. Joe's (?)
Temple (?)

That'd be the second best basketball conference behind the ACC, and possibly the best in some seasons.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hopefully some basketball-only conference forms that consists of the bball-only BE schools and the top tier A-10 schools. Join that for bball, go Independent or join some scrub conference in football. I don't really care about that side of things.

UConn
Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Providence
Marquette
Seton Hall
DePaul
Xavier
Butler
St. Joe's (?)
Temple (?)

That'd be the second best basketball conference behind the ACC, and possibly the best in some seasons.

No, it wouldn't. There are no other top ten programs on that list. There are a few has beens a couple upstarts and a bunch of crap.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The entire Pac-12 has been a bunch of has-beens for 3-4 years.
The Big 10 has been terrible outside of MSU and OSU the last several years.
The ACC outside of Duke/UNC has been nothing but has-beens and overrated junk. Adding Pitt and Cuse saves them, for now.
The SEC....barf.

caw

Reaction Score

UConn
Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Providence
Marquette
Seton Hall
DePaul
Xavier
Butler
St. Joe's (?)
Temple (?)

Big Ten is a better basketball conference, easily and could be better than the ACC.

Reaction Score
The entire Pac-12 has been a bunch of has-beens for 3-4 years.
The Big 10 has been terrible outside of MSU and OSU the last several years.
The ACC outside of Duke/UNC has been nothing but has-beens and overrated junk. Adding Pitt and Cuse saves them, for now.
The SEC....barf.

How do you define terrible for the Big 10? Wisconsin has been in the Sweet 16 three of the last five years. IU was in the sweet 16 last year, #1 this year. Purdue has won at least one tournament game the last 6 years, how many BE teams can say that?

Sec? UK? Florida? Mizzu? Vandy? That top 4 is MUCH better then the top 4 of the new big east.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
How do you define terrible for the Big 10? Wisconsin has been in the Sweet 16 three of the last five years. IU was in the sweet 16 last year, #1 this year. Purdue has won at least one tournament game the last 6 years, how many BE teams can say that?

Sec? UK? Florida? Mizzu? Vandy? That top 4 is MUCH better then the top 4 of the new big east.

I agree with the assessment of the Big 10. The Big 10 is the best basketball conference this year.

In 2014, assuming everything stands pat the top two conferences will be the ACC followed by the Big 10.

I disagree with the SEC, I think UK, UF, Mizzou, Vandy versus Georgetown, UConn, Memphis and whoever ends up at #4 is pretty close. If Nova picks it back up it's very close, Marquette is a solid program for now, etc.

The Pac-12 still sucks and the Big-12 isn't great aside from Kansas. Baylor will continue to suck with their coach.

Reaction Score
I agree with the assessment of the Big 10. The Big 10 is the best basketball conference this year.

In 2014, assuming everything stands pat the top two conferences will be the ACC followed by the Big 10.

I disagree with the SEC, I think UK, UF, Mizzou, Vandy versus Georgetown, UConn, Memphis and whoever ends up at #4 is pretty close. If Nova picks it back up it's very close, Marquette is a solid program for now, etc.

The Pac-12 still sucks and the Big-12 isn't great aside from Kansas. Baylor will continue to suck with their coach.

Yea the SEC isnt MUCH better, that was too much on my part, but i would rank those 8 programs going forward in this order:

UK
UConn
Florida
Gtown
Memphis
Mizzu
Vandy
Nova/marq

I also may be biased putting UConn ahead of Florida for the future given all of the uncertainties.

caw

Reaction Score
Yea the SEC isnt MUCH better, that was too much on my part, but i would rank those 8 programs going forward in this order:

UK
UConn
Florida
Gtown
Memphis
Mizzu
Vandy
Nova/marq

I also may be biased putting UConn ahead of Florida for the future given all of the uncertainties.

I would only debate UF vs UConn (which is fair to question at this point) and Vandy vs Marquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom