NY Times on Rutgers (With UConn Looming) | The Boneyard

NY Times on Rutgers (With UConn Looming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The linked article (generally complimentary of Coach Stringer and her team) at one point made reference to "the running game Stringer relishes."

Huh?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
The linked article (generally complimentary of Coach Stringer and her team) at one point made reference to "the running game Stringer relishes."

Huh?

This year's team runs on every chance they are given. They are the best transition team Rutgers has had since I can remember.

CVS has wanted to push the ball the last few years, but for some reason it hasn't quite worked out with those teams, but this team it does. So I think it refers to that.

Reaction Score
"Capable of being a final four team", and what is Vivian drinking these days?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
That picture of her looks like something straight out of the Blues Brothers...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There's probably good reason for excitement there. Of all the Rutgers major sports teams, this is the one that you could see making a pretty big hit in the B1G with a developing team in a muddle of a conference. They could have a big advantage there after experiencing the tougher challenges of the AAC and then moving on to the land of milk and toasty.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
"Capable of being a final four team", and what is Vivian drinking these days?

The last time RU went to the F4 back in 07, I don't think at this point of the season that anyone thought they would be there. So what I'm saying is that anything is possible, and this is RU's best team since the 08 team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The last time RU went to the F4 back in 07, I don't think at this point of the season that anyone thought they would be there. So what I'm saying is that anything is possible, and this is RU's best team since the 08 team.

Although the Rutgers' 07 FF team started the season very poorly, there was no doubt about the talent which included 4 starters who are still playing in the WNBA (Vaughn, Carson, Prince and Ajavon). The talent on this year's team is not close to the level of talent on the 07 team.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Okay, relative scores don't mean anything. UConn beats Memphis on the road by 41, Rutty loses to Memphis at Memphis in OT. Looks like a FF team.:confused:

Reaction Score

If Vivian had said that Rutgers was capable of being a very good team and making some noise in the NCAA Tournament that would have been more realistic. Nothing short of a miracle will put them in the final four.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well I'm not going to argue with you guys about how good Rutgers is or isn't. Let's agree to disagree.

Also CVS has been struggling with some kind of eye infection since before the beginning of the season last I hear. Don't know what's up with that....but that's cause of her wearing sunglasses.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score

Huh?
Hey Kib. Looks like she has fooled you, too.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Well I'm not going to argue with you guys about how good Rutgers is or isn't. Let's agree to disagree.

Maybe we can talk after the game? Will you be there? I hope to be.

Also CVS has been struggling with some kind of eye infection since before the beginning of the season last I hear. Don't know what's up with that....but that's cause of her wearing sunglasses.

Which means I get to post this oft mis-interpreted ditty....

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Maybe we can talk after the game? Will you be there? I hope to be.

Which means I get to post this oft mis-interpreted ditty....

Nope, I'll be watching from home here in AZ. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom