1699065103241.jpeg

Reaction Score
It’s just for the in season tournament.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Let’s hear your take on this new look?

View attachment 92712
At first glance, I was wondering if it was some kind of throwback to honor the Jewish calendar half a millenia ago.

Now that I know there is such a thing as an In-Season Tournament, I absolutely do not want to know what it is. And yes, the floor ugly, without bring UOregon ugly.

Reaction Score
Jokic with the near perfect game, nearly a triple double. 14-16 from the field, 9 assists, 14 boards, +17. Guy is insane, I don't even fully get how he does it, but just so good.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Each team has the same layout in their colors with a different logo in the center. Not sure whose idea it was, the blazers floor reminded me of a miller beer add when I first saw it.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Much better than the Bulls court which was red on red.

Reaction Score
I understand them wanting to do something to differentiate the in season tournament games, but that court is painful on the eyes. Most of them are.

Reaction Score
Design based on Euroleague hoops uniforms???

Reaction Score
I don't mind most of them, but the bucks one is so ugly. And pelicans is way too 80s.

Reaction Score
I feel like nobody really knows what the hell any of this is. An in season tournament a week into the season with ugly courts? It ends in Vegas. What do they win, money and a somebody hoists a trophy nobody cares about? I watch the games because I watch all the games, I don't think this is bringing anyone in. Basketball fans don't seem to really know what this is or what the implications are.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I feel like nobody really knows what the hell any of this is. An in season tournament a week into the season with ugly courts? It ends in Vegas. What do they win, money and a somebody hoists a trophy nobody cares about? I watch the games because I watch all the games, I don't think this is bringing anyone in. Basketball fans don't seem to really know what this is or what the implications are.
It’s for sure forced. Not sure how much a bunch of multimillionaires actually care about another 500k.

Maybe if the trophy guaranteed some sort of playoff spot, the teams would actually genuinely compete.

Reaction Score
A lot of people/media are quite negative about the in-season tournament, but I think it'll catch on pretty easily once people grok it. It's just another thing to want your team to win. At the base level, that's all fans really care about anyways, the emotional high of winning by proxy and the bragging rights. The players are trying to win every game, so nothing really changes for them. It doesn't have to be more prestigious than the playoff championship or offer another benefit to care about winning it.

And they were clever about the scheduling of it, so it doesn't add any additional games or anything (unless your team makes it far into it). You just watch the same games you were already watching, but now some of them have additional stakes. Stakes are good. The courts are genius, too, so you know intuitively if the game has added stakes or not. The design choices.. well that's another matter of personal taste.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to be fired for these terrible, ugly designs.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why is the “in season tournament” like 3 games into the regular season? Most people haven’t even realized that the NBA has started

Reaction Score
Why is the “in season tournament” like 3 games into the regular season? Most people haven’t even realized that the NBA has started
They do pool play on various days over the first month of the season. It's not a quick weekend tournament. The knockout stages are in December. The pool play games count as normal regular season games, too.

Part of the point of doing it is to get some more buzz for the league during NFL season/before Christmas.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They do pool play on various days over the first month of the season. It's not a quick weekend tournament. The knockout stages are in December. The pool play games count as normal regular season games, too.

Part of the point of doing it is to get some more buzz for the league during NFL season/before Christmas.
Then I feel like they needed to quick off the season with it. To do this a week into the season is still wild

Reaction Score
Maybe someone can refresh my memory on a court in lower Fairfield County.
Did New Canaan High School have a blue court back in the mid to late 70’s ?

I remember going down there to play in a tournament back then and I’m thinking it was a blue court that was made of something other than wood. Some type of rubberized material ?

Reaction Score
The nba cup is modeled after European soccer league in-season domestic cups. Every league has one eg the English FA Cup.

1) All 30 teams are sorted into 6 evenly weighted groups of 5 (3 groups per conference) based on the previous seasons standings.
2) the teams in each Group play each other once each and the 6 group winners advance plus the 2 runners up with the best record.
3) The 8 remaining teams are sorted into a single elimination bracket
4) the games count towards the regular season except for the championship game. The 2 finalists will end up playing 83 games instead of 82.

I went to the nuggs game last night it was great even tho the court was ugly

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom