Now that we're eligible lets all go to Memphis! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now that we're eligible lets all go to Memphis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, someone was searching YouTube for Memphis videos....
Guilty! But with one exception--"Music Makin' Mama from Memhis"--I knew what I was searching for and I just had to decide which version to use. That one popped up from another search and I thought it was worthy of inclusion, even though I'd never heard it before.

I admit that I only knew "Maybe it was Memphis" from watching The Voice. I'm not a country music fan, but that girl is something else. Whether she wins it or not, she's going to be a star on the level of Carrie Underwood (and maybe beyond) in short order. Can't believe she's only 16 and never sang professionally or before an audience prior to being on the show.

Once I started to think about it, I even surprised myself with how many songs about Memphis I could recall.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1994, Arkansas v. Kentucky for the SEC championship. My dad and I are walking on Beale St on Sunday morning and the street is covered with fans wearing blue or red. We go in to BB Kings place for a Sunday Brunch. There was a row of cooks making omelettes and crepes to order, all the fresh fruit and pastries a man could want, and a 20+ person choir belting out gospel. Dad is drinking Dewars and I'm drinking Jack.

19 years later and there's nothing bad with that day. All good.

Reaction Score
The Atlanta UCONN crew will have to get together to watch a few games this year at my loft and plan the trip. I am excited.

Reaction Score
Memphis, the new Louisville! Except the music is a hell of a lot better!

Reaction Score
The Atlanta UCONN crew will have to get together to watch a few games this year at my loft and plan the trip. I am excited.
Where abouts in Atlanta do you live? I am up in Woodstock.

Reaction Score
The 8 - 10 game wouldn't be so bad. That way we can kick off the new AAC Tourney with 4 straight wins.

All resident pessimism aside, I plan on being there. My first one was the '82 tourney in Hartford, then I often made the trip to NYC, staying at the Hotel Pennsylvania across the street. Greatest memory was beating Georgetown and Syracuse back to back to win our 1st.

Reaction Score
Where abouts in Atlanta do you live? I am up in Woodstock.
I live in Inman Park- it's near Virgina Highlands- Little five points. My loft is in an old school and I have a large TV so we get together to watch games.

Reaction Score
I live in Inman Park- it's near Virgina Highlands- Little five points. My loft is in an old school and I have a large TV so we get together to watch games.
Do you ever get out to any of the Atlanta Alumni games watches that they have? I went to one last year and about 7 or 8 fellow alum showed up. Good way to meet people from UConn down here in the Atl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom