November Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

November Recruiting Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, time to get off the Kiki Rice Bandwagon and focus on 2023 and beyond.

For 2023, I want Williams, Toomey, Cunningham, Shade, and Booker.

Kids I really want regardless of class are Jocyte, Olson, and Lewis. Jocyte has been playing with and against pros since she was 13. She's still only 15. But she looks 21.

Reaction Score
Ok, time to get off the Kiki Rice Bandwagon and focus on 2023 and beyond.

For 2023, I want Williams, Toomey, Cunningham, Shade, and Booker.

Kids I really want regardless of class are Jocyte, Olson, and Lewis. Jocyte has been playing with and against pros since she was 13. She's still only 15. But she looks 21.

I'll be thrilled with any two from that 2023 class but it's Williams and Toomey if I had my pick.....but then again Shade and Booker wouldn't be so bad either.......hmm Cunningham and Williams would be nice............like I said any two.........:(.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge

Cambridge is a star in the making, and she is not afraid of the big moment. She has the utmost belief in herself and the consistent hard work she has put in the gym. The Sophomore sensation plays with so much passion and confidence, that it is exciting and fun to watch. She has a lightning-quick release that allows for easy catch and shoot threes, and when she is coming off a ball screen she’s looking to score. Whether that be an off-the-dribble three or getting to her spot either one is a shot she is capable of making. Cambridge makes the difficult look easy, such as coming off the ball screen floating right and knocking down the three. However, the interesting thing about Cambridge is her athleticism highlights on the defensive end, with impressive blocks on undersized guards.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
11/6

Ayanna Patterson's senior season began Saturday, one day after her 18th birthday.

24 points (6-11 FG, 1-1 3-PT, 11-14 FT), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block

I like the FT percentage. After missing first 2 FT's, made 11-12. A positive development since she shot 60% from the line last year.

Reaction Score
What in the world?... KK Arnold is "generously" listed as 5'6" (allegedly) yet in these highlights most times she is the tallest person on the floor. Clearly she is a skilled player but is this really a highlight package to be proud of when you appear to be playing against grade school kids?
I've seen her highlights before. What impresses me is he eyes are always up. That sounds easy but many player put there head down when driving by someone. She knows where the ball is without looking for it. What you want in a pg. Oh, she seems very fast

Reaction Score
I like the FT percentage. After missing first 2 FT's, made 11-12. A positive development since she shot 60% from the line last year.
This looks like "Gabby Williams" to me. Damn is she athletic and have a good handle with the ball, or what?

Kiki Rice blew her opportunity for me as a selfish UCONN fan!!! :):)

Can you imagine how fast a lineup/skill of a lineup UCONN would have with her at the PF, playing with a lineup of Paige, Azzi, Kiki, Carolyn, Nika, Edwards, and Brady?

Her game is absolutely made for fullcourt and it appears she can guard any position within reason..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've seen her highlights before. What impresses me is he eyes are always up. That sounds easy but many player put there head down when driving by someone. She knows where the ball is without looking for it. What you want in a pg. Oh, she seems very fast
Arnold is very good. Her best asset, and you don't have to know much about basketball to understand this, is that she moves at a faster pace than everyone else on the floor. My concern is the size and the ability to be a lead guard. Very much like Crystal Dangerfield although she was very good offensively, at that size she gives up a lot of clean looks from the perimeter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who would you rather have in '23 and why?
  1. Mikaylah Williams or Judea Watkins (SG)
  2. Madison Booker or Chloe Kitts (SF)
  3. Delaney Thomas or Cierra Toomey (PF)
  4. Breya Cunningham or Aliyah De Rosario (C)
  5. Ashlynn Shade or Kamorea Arnold (PG)
I realize UCONN will likely not have roster spots for 5 players in '23 but don't let that stop you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom