Notre Dame sisters set Guinness World Record for Free Throws | The Boneyard

Notre Dame sisters set Guinness World Record for Free Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can have Stewie, Moriah and Morgan to hit the FT in 1 minute. And we will have a record for a new Guinness World Record for most free throws by a female trio in one minute while using three basketballs.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It's fun. It's good PR. Good for them.

In the wide shot, Chris Masters -- ND's sports information guy who works with the team -- standing off on the side of court (in green shirt), so you got that right. It is fun...you can can just see the two sisters doing a similar thing at home in Belmar, NJ....except they can be joined by the third sister, Dara (but she's just a sophomore in high school :))

Reaction Score
What else do they have to boast about? Just Muffet with her delusional claims about how she has the best point guard or the best player, etc. Not just this year, but we have heard this before. Then the question should be, if she has the best players, then why can't she win an NC?

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
or the 3 Samuelson sisters. Perhaps if Bonnie isn't playing that much, then KLS and Karlie can do 22.

Reaction Score
What else do they have to boast about? Just Muffet with her delusional claims about how she has the best point guard or the best player, etc. Not just this year, but we have heard this before. Then the question should be, if she has the best players, then why can't she win an NC?
Never too harsh or to cheap of a shot when referring to nd.

NO ATTACK here MHS, just a comment for a couple of reasons. :) First of all I could care less about a free-throw contest that does not have a couple of thousand maniacal fans behind the basket.
Your moniker caught my eye as I am a graduate of MHS, that being in CT not in Indiana where I see you are from. That brings up my question, how does someone from Indiana not realize ND has won a NC. That and both the schools in the final were from Indiana that year. ;) Again no mean spirit just an observation.
http://www.ncaa.com/history/basketball-women/d1

My take is different on your second comment, I really think at this time and place for our program it is fine to have a strong dislike of the opponent no matter who they are. That is the home team spirit and understood. On the other hand why bite the hand that feeds us? We have to show an appreciation for teams willing to play us out of conference during the regular season. Schools like ND, SC and Stanford could easily not play us and our program at this time needs them much more than they need us. Personally I respect what Muffy has done as a coach and I hope we get to see the shamrocks in a take down 20 days after St Patrick's Day! :D

Reaction Score
Congratulations to the Mabrey sisters for not only breaking the record but crushing it!
I second this. When you realize that 21 made free throws in a minute is one every (less than) 3 seconds, I suspect it's a record that is going to stand for a while. ANY player who takes more than a "millisecond" to line up their shot is going to be too slow.
Reading the rules - this is actually quite a feat. Congratulations are indeed in order.

Reaction Score
We can have Stewie, Moriah and Morgan to hit the FT in 1 minute. And we will have a record for a new Guinness World Record for most free throws by a female trio in one minute while using three basketballs.

On an off topic note (congrats to the Mabrey sisters, though), Gabby Williams is actually shooting FTs better than Nurse and Tuck this season. 77%, vs. 72 and 74%, respectively. An excellent example of working out whatever hitch she had last year.

Last year her problem was accuracy, not necessarily precision. In other words, she missed a ton of free throws, but she tended to miss them in the same way. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I second this. When you realize that 21 made free throws in a minute is one every (less than) 3 seconds, I suspect it's a record that is going to stand for a while. ANY player who takes more than a "millisecond" to line up their shot is going to be too slow.
Reading the rules - this is actually quite a feat. Congratulations are indeed in order.
While it is a 'GB' record, the previous one of 14 was not that daunting a prospect and I am not sure how or why it was created and how many people have ever tried to challenge this record. But just as a note - 3 point shooting contests have slightly different rules but use the same 1 minute time limit and 20 made shots is not unheard of.
Definitely a cool thing to do, not unlike Doty's trick shot videos.

Reaction Score
"...the two sisters hit 21 shots to set a new Guinness World Record for most free throws by a female pair in one minute while using two basketballs."

When you make the criteria specific enough virtually anyone can set a world record.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
11 is more impressive than 21, so is 10 for that matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom