Nothing makes me smile more.... | The Boneyard

Nothing makes me smile more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Then watching Syracuse fans absolutely going nuts about Uconns success! I never post but they are so conflicted about us it's comical. Again if we are so irrelevant why can't they stop talking about us? To their credit they seem to be coming to grips with us.

Reaction Score
Then watching Syracuse fans absolutely going nuts about Uconns success! I never post but they are so conflicted about us it's comical. Again if we are so irrelevant why can't they stop talking about us? To their credit they seem to be coming to grips with us.
The majority of their fans are praising our program and the coaching ollie has done in the tourny.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Champions of January can have Waiters and MCW back.

Of course, we're allowed to have Drummond and Lamb....and that's better.

UConn is what Syracuse pretends to be.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree, they lament that their players all leave early so that's why they don't win NCs
It is so ludicrous, UConn had more leave before their 4th yr to the NBA in the last 10 years than than they have had in the NBA in their history
It's like some on the PeeCee board saying that UConn gets all the calls while Bazz and Boat slap everyone and our bigs push and shove
My how success breeds so much envy
It sucks to be cuse and PeeCee

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Remember when we were begging to play Syracuse in the tournament? Seems so long ago that Syracuse was actually playing basketball.

Reaction Score
Haha classic. Ask them to name 5 of their former players currently in the league.

They can't because its not possible.

Found the list very interesting. List is for NBA rosters at the start of the NBA season in 2013. Has SU with 6 and Pitt and Providence with 3. Oh, and that powerhouse UL? Couch, cough...5. UConn with 12.

http://rpiratings.com/NBA.php

No. Players
School In NBA
Kentucky 21
Duke 15
North Carolina 15
Kansas 14
Connecticut 12
Florida 12
UCLA 12
Arizona 9
Georgia Tech 8
Texas 8
Georgetown 6
Ohio St. 6
Syracuse 6
Washington 6
Gonzaga 5
Louisville 5
LSU 5
Marquette 5
Southern Cal 5
Wake Forest 5
Arkansas 4
Baylor 4
Colorado 4
Memphis 4
Michigan 4
Michigan St. 4
UNLV 4
Villanova 4
Alabama 3
Arizona St. 3
Cincinnati 3
Florida St. 3
Indiana 3
Maryland 3
Miami-FL 3
Oklahoma St. 3
Pittsburgh 3
Providence 3
Purdue 3
Stanford 3
Texas A&M 3
Vanderbilt 3
Wisconsin 3
Boston College 2
Butler 2
BYU 2
California 2
Creighton 2
Detroit 2
Fresno St. 2
Illinois 2
Kansas St. 2
Missouri 2
Nevada 2
New Mexico 2
Oregon 2
San Diego St. 2
St. John's 2
St. Mary's 2
Temple 2
Tennessee 2
Utah 2
Va. Commonwealth 2
Virginia 2
Washington St. 2
Western Kentucky 2
Wichita St. 2
Xavier 2
Belmont 1
Central Michigan 1
Clemson 1
Cleveland St. 1
Colorado St. 1
Davidson 1
Dayton 1
DePaul 1
Duquesne 1
Eastern Wash. 1
Georgia 1
Harvard 1
Iowa 1
Iowa St. 1
IUPUI 1
La Salle 1
Lehigh 1
Louisiana Tech 1
Minnesota 1
Mississippi St. 1
Morehead St. 1
Murray St. 1
Norfolk St. 1
North Texas 1
Northeastern 1
N.C. St. 1
Oklahoma 1
Old Dominion 1
Oregon St. 1
Rice 1
Rider 1
Rutgers 1
Saint Joseph's 1
Santa Clara 1
South Dakota St. 1
South Florida 1
St. Bonaventure 1
Tennessee St. 1
Towson 1
UALR 1
UC Santa Barbara 1
Utah Valley 1
UTEP 1
Weber St. 1
Western Carolina 1

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
National Championships make me smile more.

Reaction Score
Win tomorrow and we will have won 25% of all NCs in the last 16 years. 25% think about it.
Quse fans can celebrate Monday night- in their hick town-with their miserable fans and average zone playing coach- because we have no chance whatsoever against a great Uk team none.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I assign my students a pretty in depth (for 5th graders) NCAA basketball project the day after the brackets come out. There is math, research, writing, all kinds of stuff. Basically it makes it ok for me to stream the games and watch them with the kids.

One part they had to research this year was a list of NBA players for their given teams. I used UConn as my model and their jaws dropped. Some kids think they did something wrong when their teams have so few (relatively speaking). I laughed when I saw the brevity of the Syracuse list.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is it really worth the effort to read posts about how lucky we've been, how the opponent threw up a dud (as if we had nothing to do with it), how our current conference gives us no future while they are going to be dominant for decades, how even though we do have the national titles they are really better than (Cuse) or equal to (PC) us?

Reaction Score
Is it really worth the effort to read posts about how lucky we've been, how the opponent threw up a dud (as if we had nothing to do with it), how our current conference gives us no future while they are going to be dominant for decades, how even though we do have the national titles they are really better than (Cuse) or equal to (PC) us?

Pretty nice run on sentence. Did you go to UConn? I'm getting emails from other Boneyarders about you. :rolleyes:

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Pretty nice run on sentence. Did you go to UConn? I'm getting emails from other Boneyarders about you. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I was just speculating on what they could possibly be saying about us. I tried to write it as if I went to Cuse or PC.

Reaction Score
What I dont get about SU, PC, SJU and UMass fans is that they basically want us NOT to celebrate our success.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I assign my students a pretty in depth (for 5th graders) NCAA basketball project the day after the brackets come out. There is math, research, writing, all kinds of stuff. Basically it makes it ok for me to stream the games and watch them with the kids.
So you have your students do your bracket research for you? Lol

You better give them a pizza party with the winnings!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
What I dont get about SU, PC, SJU and UMass fans is that they basically want us NOT to celebrate our success.

Pretty much. SU believes that they have been better than us over the past 20-25 years (evidently titles are over rated) and if we don't acknowledge this we are being arrogant.

St John's fans believe that they were one of the two or three most dominant programs in basketball until the late 1980's (they were usually pretty good, on occasion very good) and that we have been successful is an insult to them.

PC fans believe that they have been our equals from the start of the BE and that we need to thank them (as Gavitt started the BE) for having any success. Strangely they also feel that as they originally liked the Jim Calhoun hire, they share responsibility for his success but he defied them by surpassing what they felt was an appropriate level.

I can't speak too much for UMass beyond a) many of their fans a few decades ago believed that their having Dr J for a couple of years trumped three decades of our dominance over them prior to that and b) having Calipari spend a couple of years insulting UConn two decades ago was UConn's fault and demonstrated their superiority.

Our best position is to not care what they think. We don't need their approval.

Reaction Score

Sounds like Sox fans over the years vs Yankees fans………oh damn wrong board!:oops:

Reaction Score
So you have your students do your bracket research for you? Lol

You better give them a pizza party with the winnings!

I may be in first place in our school bracket pool....

Reaction Score
Sounds like Sox fans over the years vs Yankees fans………oh damn wrong board!:oops:

Well UConn is equivalent to the redsox I'm that debate.

Also, we should say "crazy message board fans". Not necessarily all fans

Reaction Score
Our luck over the last two and a half decades and this tournament has been incredible. What are the odds that Nova, MSU, ISU and Florida all play their worst games against us. Just so lucky.......

Reaction Score
Our luck over the last two and a half decades and this tournament has been incredible. What are the odds that Nova, MSU, ISU and Florida all play their worst games against us. Just so lucky..

SU just so unlucky to draw Dayton in the second round in Buffalo, NY!

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Sorry, I was just speculating on what they could possibly be saying about us. I tried to write it as if I went to Cuse or PC.

Yeah, but now CT taxpayers/others are worried about the grammar on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom