Not 7, Not 6, Not 5 but 4 Undefeated Teams Remaining. | The Boneyard

Not 7, Not 6, Not 5 but 4 Undefeated Teams Remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn, ND, Baylor, Indiana, Iowa State, Oklahoma State and San Diego.

Iowa State, Oklahoma State and Baylor will play each other in conference play and will probable knock each other out in Conference Play. Baylor also plays UConn and could lose then.

Can't see Indiana getting through the Big 10 unscathed. Don't know enough about West Coast conference and if San Diego can run through their schedule undefeated. However, think its unlikely.

That leaves ND and UConn left to possibly running the table with ND having the most difficult route. Don't see ND doing it, but with their experience last year in the Big East they just might. UConn has had an easy time with ACC teams lately and don't see any reason why Notre Dame doesn't have the same level of success.

Edited to correct Iowa to Iowa State. Forgot about the Baylor loss and was probably thinking UCOnn would give them their first loss. :) Can't correct the title to the thread. Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you mean Iowa State? They play in the same conference as Baylor. Iowa plays in the Big 10.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
wbb...I think Baylor lost to Kentucky in that crazy 4 overtime game...133-130 or something close to that. That would make them 11-1...and then there were six...:cool:

edit - oops...six not five

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wbb...I think Baylor lost to Kentucky in that crazy 4 overtime game...133-130 or something close to that. That would make them 11-1...and then there were five...:cool:
Actually, until another loss, there are six remaining - University of San Diego, Indiana, ND, Iowa State, Oklahoma State and UConn..................

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
U

That leaves ND and UConn left to possibly running the table with ND having the most difficult route. Don't see ND doing it, but with their experience last year in the Big East they just might. UConn has had an easy time with ACC teams lately and don't see any reason why Notre Dame doesn't have the same level of success.

I know of a few reasons why they wont..... They dont have Dolson, Stewart, KML..... Coach Geno et al...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Looks like the posting date for this thread should be reset to Thursday before Arkansas went down.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Muffett & Niele Ivey are great coaches, not as great as Geno, but IMHO better coaches then any of the other ACC Coaches. I really like ND's guards and not so sure I wouldn't take their group of guards over the UConn guards. They're at least equal in talent to the UConn guards with UConn having the stronger 3 point shooters (KML)

ND Guards: McBride, Loyd, Cable, Allen, Mabrey, Holloway, and Huffman.
UConn Guards: Lewis,Bria, Moriah, Chong, Banks, Lawlor & Pulido.

I included Kaleena as a guard as she plays a similar role that McBride does for ND. UConn has two walk-on guards that swings the talent level to favor ND's group of guards. If we would consider Kaleena as a forward which she really is, then ND definitely has the better group of guards. UConn is stronger up front.

I know of a few reasons why they wont..... They dont have Dolson, Stewart, KML..... Coach Geno et al...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Muffett & Niele Ivey are great coaches, not as great as Geno, but IMHO better coaches then any of the other ACC Coaches. I really like ND's guards and not so sure I wouldn't take their group of guards over the UConn guards. They're at least equal in talent to the UConn guards with UConn having the stronger 3 point shooters (KML)

I included Kaleena as a guard as she plays a similar role that McBride does for ND. UConn has two walk-on guards that swings the talent level to favor ND's group of guards. If we would consider Kaleena as a forward which she really is, then ND definitely has the better group of guards. UConn is stronger up front.

I know you guys think that ND is the 2nd best team in the country, based on their talent and coaching.... but for me the jury is still out on them. The only good team they played all year so far is Penn State. Penn State is a good team... but I dont think the Nittany Lions would crack the top 6-7 of the ACC. While they very well may be they be the 2nd best team in the country..... nobody will know until feb.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Interesting listing for first member of UConn list, as I have never seen her listed as just Lewis. As you noted, teams oftem have different compositions that don't conform to two guards, two forwards, one center comparisons. ND is looking pretty strong, but again until they hit that upcoming (Jan. 20 - Feb. 9) nasty part of their schedule, it's hard to say how tough their guards are. The Irish are the only one of the Sagarin top 20 teams that has not played even one top 25 team (yow!), their best opponent being an 8-5 MSU team. So we'll have to see how well they hold up against a tougher slate of opponents. Until then, completely overwhelming lesser opponents' back courts may not show that much.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Why would you include the back end of either group of guards?

KML vs McBride
Hartley vs Loyd
Jefferson vs Allen
Banks vs Cable
Chong vs Mabry

You can have the ND guards. I think the Uconn 5 listed here are better.

Reaction Score
I know you guys think that ND is the 2nd best team in the country, based on their talent and coaching.... but for me the jury is still out on them. The only good team they played all year so far is Penn State. Penn State is a good team... but I dont think the Nittany Lions would crack the top 6-7 of the ACC. While they very well may be they be the 2nd best team in the country..... nobody will know until feb.
So true, nfd with only a cupcake schedule so far.

Reaction Score
Why would you include the back end of either group of guards?

KML vs McBride
Hartley vs Loyd
Jefferson vs Allen
Banks vs Cable
Chong vs Mabry

You can have the ND guards. I think the Uconn 5 listed here are better.
The guard play may be a bit closer with a good player like McBride but there is a huge gap between the two teams along the frontline. Ochomwa is soft and would totally be exploited by Dolson and there is absolutely no hint of a matchup for Stewart.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So true, nfd with only a cupcake schedule so far.

at first i thought you had a simple spelling error..... then i quickly figured it out... I see there is no love lost around here for ND :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
at first i thought you had a simple spelling error..... then i quickly figured it out... I see there is no love lost around here for ND :rolleyes:
Hey ... you can take your bag off ... when blown out by Uconn (yet again) you only need to wear the bag for 2 weeks! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Toot toot!
I had the same thought and should have posted it. Tomorrow it's Indiana and Iowa States turn to get the first big L. That will leave only 3- UConn, ND, and University of San Diego who just survived tonight in overtime to Pacific.........

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hey ... you can take your bag off ... when blown out by Uconn (yet again) you only need to wear the bag for 2 weeks! :rolleyes:

well after that abomination I saw up in South Bend earlier.... I'll keep it on for a few more days :oops:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
well after that abomination I saw up in South Bend earlier.... I'll keep it on for a few more days :oops:

What the men do has nothing to do with your baggage. If that was the case, we would be wearing one based on today's men's game. Blech.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I had the same thought and should have posted it. Tomorrow it's Indiana and Iowa States turn to get the first big L. That will leave only 3- UConn, ND, and University of San Diego who just survived tonight in overtime to Pacific....
San Diego is obviously feeling the pressure since I predicted they would be the fifth team in the final four this year as well as UConn's main mid-major challenger.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
San Diego is obviously feeling the pressure since I predicted they would be the fifth team in the final four this year as well as UConn's main mid-major challenger.
They could still make it. I have UConn, ND, Duke, Louisville, Stanford, San Diego St. and Marist in my FF, although with that configuration I haven't figured out who's playing who.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
San Diego (not San Diego State) is in the WCC conference. That includes BYU, St. Mary's and Gonzaga. A very tough group to get through. Gonzaga is a top mid-major; BYU has only lost a couple and used to be in a stronger conference and St. Mary's beat Gonzaga and got some good press.

I think they will not be continuing undefeated.

San Diego State is a Mountain West team, I don't know how they are doing.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Eh, right. San Diego's the good one at #27 in Sagarin. San Diego State (#164) is the one having issues, and neither should be mistaken for South Dakota (#149) or South Dakota State (#86).

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Eh, right. San Diego's the good one at #27 in Sagarin. San Diego State (#164) is the one having issues, and neither should be mistaken for South Dakota (#149) or South Dakota State (#86).
Didn't South Dakota State beat Penn State? You could mistake one for the other. I'm sure that SDS has more bears than Penn State does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom