NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think CVS will be able to help her. The vast majority of women who have played for her really love her and look at her as a role model. At our pregame huddle yesterday, Kathleen Fitzpatrick - a former player who is now an unpaid intern assistant and an aspiring basketball coach (she was also a transfer to RU) - gushed abut how much she loved both playing and working for Vivian and how she was so glad she transferred to RU. She must really enjoy the program, as she is commuting from Philly everyday for an unpaid position. I look forward to having Alexis join our team and I am glad Vivian is giving her the opportunity.
This is something we see a lot more of in the men's game than the women's game: what I call the "rehabilitative" transfer. Fred Hoiberg as men's coach of Iowa State had great success with this type of transfer, with kids who fell into hot water at their former schools and remade themselves on his team.

Reaction Score
This is something we see a lot more of in the men's game than the women's game: what I call the "rehabilitative" transfer. Fred Hoiberg as men's coach of Iowa State had great success with this type of transfer, with kids who fell into hot water at their former schools and remade themselves on his team.

I hope she can keep her on a good path. Has so much talent and opportunities ahead of her. She just needs to keep her head down and stay focused. Hopefully, getting further away from Beaumont and Texas in general will help.

Reaction Score
Speaking of transfers, look who showed up on the recent telecast of a recent game in Lubbock:

I think it's pretty cool that Texas Tech feels that way. A lot of the "role players" UConn recruits give up a lot in order to be that role. It's not like UConn is an academic powerhouse either. Many of the role players will probably never be professional players, but they give up the opportunity to make it big at a smaller school. Many of the big name programs have players on their roster that know coming in that they will likely never start.

I appreciate any player who takes that role, as well as understand if a player wants to play more.

Reaction Score
UCLA got a verbal from Morris and lots of Baylor fans said that she regretted it the second she announced it because her mom wanted her to go there. UCLA fans weren't happy because Close turned down a few ranked points who were local for her. Morris and her boyfriend went to LA and met with Close and shortly after, she reneged on her verbal and committed to Baylor. I have no idea what happened but Close hugged Morris in the handshake line when Baylor came to LA.

Whatever the story, I hope she can find some success at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Headed back to the NE. She was a really, really highly regarded player at one point. Ranked high by hoopgurlz, but then fell out of the top 100. Still a former McDonald’s All-American. Seems to somwtimes be the case when a player trends that negatively in recruiting. They struggle with minutes.

Reaction Score
Raven Farley is transferring from LSU to St. Johns.

She was a key component in getting her Boyfriend to join the men’s team, but hasn’t seen much time on the court, she is a skilled player and should be a good fit at St Johns.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In other notable results tonight:
  • UCF needed OT to beat East Carolina, 61-58, moving to 17-2 overall and remaining tied with UConn at 6-0 in the AAC. UCF has been playing with fire lately; that's their 3rd consecutive very close call against a far inferior team.
  • Cincinnati moves into sole possession of 3rd place in the AAC with a 68-57 win over Houston.
  • South Florida had a miserable 4th quarter, getting outscored 12-1 by Memphis to lose, 47-40.
  • George Washington, after going 3-10 in their OOC, moves to 4-2 in the A-10 while handing VCU its first conference loss. I don't know whether this means GW is improving or the A-10 is just that weak.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Pretty odd timing. Not often we see transfer departure announcements in mid to late January.

Freshman Grace Berg to transfer from Missouri women's basketball

Grace would look good in a South Florida uniform :)
The Mizzou Coaches Player report was “she didn’t skate well, couldn’t hip check, reluctant to go into the corner for the puck, wanted all her teeth and preferred to not drop her gloves” :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For anyone with driving distance of Holmdel NJ............it's the Coaches Choice Tournament on Sunday..................some great high school teams including Manasquan, St John Vienny, Long Island Lutheran, Saddle River Day etc...........you'll see more DI players here then anywhere else this winter including Faith Masonious and Diamond Miller (Maryland), Lola Mullaney (Harvard), Michelle Sidor (Michigan), Jada Patrick (Duke), Sydnei Caldwell (Arizona State), Celeste Taylor (Texas) Leilani Correa (West Virginia) and many more..............plenty of possible recruits here to.............CD was at the game last year)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For anyone with driving distance of Holmdel NJ..it's the Coaches Choice Tournament on Sunday...some great high school teams including Manasquan, St John Vienny, Long Island Lutheran, Saddle River Day etc......you'll see more DI players here then anywhere else this winter including Faith Masonious and Diamond Miller (Maryland), Lola Mullaney (Harvard), Michelle Sidor (Michigan), Jada Patrick (Duke), Sydnei Caldwell (Arizona State), Celeste Taylor (Texas) Leilani Correa (West Virginia) and many more....plenty of possible recruits here to...CD was at the game last year)

Two of my friends are referees for girls high school basketball in this area and should be working some of these games. Not sure if I will get a chance to make it this year.

Reaction Score
Two of my friends are referees for girls high school basketball in this area and should be working some of these games. Not sure if I will get a chance to make it this year.

it's a great way to spend the day if you like quality high school WBB...................five of the top ranked teams in NJ will be there

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Raven Farley is transferring from LSU to St. Johns.

This does not surprise me in the least. She bounced around northern Jersey high schools and the LSU recruitment was the outlier to her other finalists, if memory serves correct. Hopefully, being back "home" in the metro-NYC area will be a good thing for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom