Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
How good was Iowa with Bluder prior to Caitlin Clark's arrival? It will be interesting to watch Iowa post-Clark to see if they follow a similar path to Oregon post-Ionescu, or if they can maintain/continue their recent level of success on the court.

Reaction Score
How good was Iowa with Bluder prior to Caitlin Clark's arrival? It will be interesting to watch Iowa post-Clark to see if they follow a similar path to Oregon post-Ionescu, or if they can maintain/continue their recent level of success on the court.
I don't think it will fall off a cliff, but it's definitely going to be diminished...unless they replenish. And...Clark is a LOT to replace.

Reaction Score
They made it to an Elite 8 prior to Clark when Gustafson and Doyle were there.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Consistently good. Since the 2007-08 season has won 20+ games all but 2 years. Have only missed the Tourney twice in that same time span.

Reaction Score

Naismith player of the year two years before Caitlin. Last three Big Ten Players of the year before Caitlin.

Iowa basketball existed before Caitlin. Was at the same level it is now when Vivian was the coach, just took a couple decades to get back from being good to really good every year to elite.

Reaction Score
An announcement like this is so out of character for Sarah and the a strong family, it makes me wonder if she is reacting to what happened between LSU and SC on Sunday so publicly eliminate them from her list.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Interesting.... LSU doesn't have much coming in next year. If Hailey Van Lith and Reese go, that leaves the cupboard pretty dry.

A lineup of Last Tear Poa/Makaylah Williams/Flaujae Johnson/Aneesah Morrow/S'Myah Smith is still top 10 (potentially top 5).

Reaction Score
An announcement like this is so out of character for Sarah and the a strong family, it makes me wonder if she is reacting to what happened between LSU and SC on Sunday so publicly eliminate them from her list.
Think you're reading too much into what happened Sunday. They could have had these finalized well before that game.

Reaction Score
Think you're reading too much into what happened Sunday. They could have had these finalized well before that game.
Might have been but it’s her first recruiting announcement ever. Oddly coincidental it’s essentially eliminating just South Carolina and LSU the week after a very public fight between those two schools and the mess that followed on social.

I’m not saying it influenced her choice of school as much as it influenced her decision to distance herself from those two schools.

Personally too big of a coincidence for me to overlook.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now don't be getting too excited there ;). It is nice to see Duke as a final 3 though.

Not that excited yet. Just anytime I can talk trash about L$U I'm going to ;)

@triaddukefan, this lets me know that your recovery is going great. Keep getting better as I’m looking forward to your posts during the final weeks of WCBB.

Illness can sap my energy and appetite, but never my grouchiness. :p. Im almost back to normal, a few more days of mucinex, claratin, cheeze its, and gatorlyte should do the trick.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Interesting final 3. UCONN's roster is stacked next year, but if she's as good as advertised, she has a good shot to start from the get go over Brady/Patterson. The following year (her sophomore year) she'd be in a position to take over as a go to player with Fudd/Bueckers both likely departing. Geno's longevity has to be a question too though, he'll be 75 by the time she finishes her collegiate career.

Duke/UNC has the appeal of staying at home and having Sarah be the hometown hero that takes her program to the next level, in the mold of Caitlin Clark, Juju Watkins or A'ja Wilson. Duke has a young roster coming back and a couple of really athletic incoming recruits as well. They're primed to be a giant in the near future and Strong would be the centerpiece of the team if she commits.

For North Carolina, they're in a similar predicament but not quite as strong on paper. They do have Ciera Toomey as a RS freshman next year too (#4 recruit from 2023) and would be undoubtedly very good with her and Strong in the lineup together.

South Carolina never made sense on paper with Watkins/Kitts ahead of her the next 2 years, and LSU similarly would put Strong behind Morrow on the depth chart for at least her first season.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
What's on the bench though??
Del Rosario and Kent. They'll likely take a couple of transfers in the portal as well but I'd look for starters to play long minutes like they have this year.

Reaction Score
Might have been but it’s her first recruiting announcement ever. Oddly coincidental it’s essentially eliminating just South Carolina and LSU the week after a very public fight between those two schools and the mess that followed on social.

I’m not saying it influenced her choice of school as much as it influenced her decision to distance herself from those two schools.

Personally too big of a coincidence for me to overlook.
I just don't see the big deal. In the end the family is going to make the decision based on their personal requirements. If the game did, fine but it's not a tea leaf to read for signs in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Interesting final 3. UCONN's roster is stacked next year, but if she's as good as advertised, she has a good shot to start from the get go over Brady/Patterson. The following year (her sophomore year) she'd be in a position to take over as a go to player with Fudd/Bueckers both likely departing. Geno's longevity has to be a question too though, he'll be 75 by the time she finishes her collegiate career.

Duke/UNC has the appeal of staying at home and having Sarah be the hometown hero that takes her program to the next level, in the mold of Caitlin Clark, Juju Watkins or A'ja Wilson. Duke has a young roster coming back and a couple of really athletic incoming recruits as well. They're primed to be a giant in the near future and Strong would be the centerpiece of the team if she commits.

For North Carolina, they're in a similar predicament but not quite as strong on paper. They do have Ciera Toomey as a RS freshman next year too (#4 recruit from 2023) and would be undoubtedly very good with her and Strong in the lineup together.

South Carolina never made sense on paper with Watkins/Kitts ahead of her the next 2 years, and LSU similarly would put Strong behind Morrow on the depth chart for at least her first season.

Duke's current roster, and incoming 2024 class could be a very attractive situation for someone like Strong. Pairing her with someone like Fournier would be a lot of fun to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom