Non UConn College WBB News | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Interesting article about USF's injury and transfer woes. They desperately need to get Pinzan, the point guard, healthy and playing.

Reaction Score
Interesting article about USF's injury and transfer woes. They desperately need to get Pinzan, the point guard, healthy and playing.

a really sad situation that can happen to any team at any time thus more quality and quantity players needed................luck plays such a big part in a team's success or failure....................

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Very impressed with Evina's play this year. In my view, she is already better than Jackie Nared.
She had a good week, carrying her team against Oklahoma State, and co-carrying them along with Meme Jackson vs. Texas.

I'll withhold any comparison to Nared or others until I see them actually play a good team.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Very impressed with Evina's play this year. In my view, she is already better than Jackie Nared.

Oregon's (correction - former) Director of Creativity and Video? (Side note: "Director of Creativity" That's what they're calling it? :rolleyes:)

1544560038365.png

(I assume you meant younger sister Jaime, but I'm just monkeying around with ya)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Jaime?

She might be already better than Jackie :rolleyes: Another Terp transfer :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oregon's Director of Creativity and Video? (Side note: "Director of Creativity" That's what they're calling it? :rolleyes:)

View attachment 37327

(I assume you meant younger sister Jaime, but I'm just monkeying around with ya)

I looked it up.... Jackie is now at Washington State as an asst coach

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Since Westbrook isn't even halfway. Through her college career at this point. I think it's too early for comparison. I will say her and Nared are different type players.

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Dan Olson from ESPN Hoopgurlz breaks down SC’s historic recruiting class. Says it’s better than Baylor’s 2018 group.

‘It’s ridiculous’: USC’s 2019 class is one of the best ever, recruiting expert says

From the article regarding Dan Olson's comments:
In fact, Olson said only one class in the past decade compares to South Carolina’s incoming group — the legendary 2012 UConn group, which featured Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson and Morgan Tuck, ranked No. 1, 2 and 6, respectively.

If you go back a little more than a decade and depending on what rankings service you use, you would also find Tennessee's 2004 recruiting class (with Blue Star Basketball's rankings):

1. Candace Parker 6-3 Naperville Central IL -- TENNESSEE
2. Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood 5-9 Lynwood CA -- TENNESSEE
4. Alexis Hornbuckle 5-11 Charleston South WV -- TENNESSEE
5. Alexandria Fuller 6-3 Shelbyville Central TN -- TENNESSEE
16. Nkolika Anosike 6-4 Staten Island St. Peters NY -- TENNESSEE

All five were named McDonald's All-Americans.

Reaction Score
So it's settled, South Carolina are winning 4 National Championships. :eek:
Coaching wins championship, recruiting just gives you a better chance to get there. Future success based on WBB recruiting is especially hard to predict because a lot of lower ranked kids do not see intensive training and coaching until they get to college and maybe not even then unless they get the right coach.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
From the article regarding Dan Olson's comments:
In fact, Olson said only one class in the past decade compares to South Carolina’s incoming group — the legendary 2012 UConn group, which featured Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson and Morgan Tuck, ranked No. 1, 2 and 6, respectively.

If you go back a little more than a decade and depending on what rankings service you use, you would also find Tennessee's 2004 recruiting class (with Blue Star Basketball's rankings):

1. Candace Parker 6-3 Naperville Central IL -- TENNESSEE
2. Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood 5-9 Lynwood CA -- TENNESSEE
4. Alexis Hornbuckle 5-11 Charleston South WV -- TENNESSEE
5. Alexandria Fuller 6-3 Shelbyville Central TN -- TENNESSEE
16. Nkolika Anosike 6-4 Staten Island St. Peters NY -- TENNESSEE

All five were named McDonald's All-Americans.

Tennessee's 2008 class is comparable based on recruit ranking:
3. Glory Johnson
4. Amber Gray
8. Shekinna Stricklen
15. Alicia Manning
20. Alyssa Brewer

Going further back, other standout loaded classes include:
2002 UCONN-Strother, Wolff, Goring, Crockett and Turnee
1999 Tennessee-Morris, Lawson, Jackson, McDivitt
1998 UCONN-Bird, Cash, Jones, Williams, Walters

SC will be loaded. How Dawn does with this standout class will be telling.

Reaction Score
Coaching wins championship, recruiting just gives you a better chance to get there. Future success based on WBB recruiting is especially hard to predict because a lot of lower ranked kids do not see intensive training and coaching until they get to college and maybe not even then unless they get the right coach.

Our Coach has a championship so she knows what it takes to get these kids there and also help them realize their potential not only on the court but off it as well...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Aw, the joke's not funny if you explain it. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Our Coach has a championship so she knows what it takes to get these kids there and also help them realize their potential not only on the court but off it as well...

So this falling into the proverbial toilet is just part of the plan then ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom