Non-Key Tweets | Page 988 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
"In his regular Friday appearance on the Bill King Show, Pete Cordelli revealed his sources are telling him that the ACC is seriously considering the firing of low-revenue programs that are a financial drag on the league in order to free up much-needed cash currently going to those programs. Instead, that newfound revenue would be diverted to ACC power brands such as Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, and Miami."

Here is the radio show. Peter Cordelli said that his sources are saying that the ACC is going to reconfigure the conference by dumping schools and going to ESPN for a better TV contract. A few of the schools that he mentioned being dumped are Wake Forest, Syracuse, and Duke.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"In his regular Friday appearance on the Bill King Show, Pete Cordelli revealed his sources are telling him that the ACC is seriously considering the firing of low-revenue programs that are a financial drag on the league in order to free up much-needed cash currently going to those programs. Instead, that newfound revenue would be diverted to ACC power brands such as Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, and Miami."

Here is the radio show. Peter Cordelli said that his sources are saying that the ACC is going to reconfigure the conference by dumping schools and going to ESPN for a better TV contract. A few of the schools that he mentioned being dumped are Wake Forest, Syracuse, and Duke.

I'll ignore the legal matters here and just comment that it would be absolutely nutz if SMU/Cal/Stanf stay while Wake/Duke/BC/Syracuse are jettisoned.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Northwestern and Vandy will be psyched at the idea of taking what would probably amount to a 60+ million dollar a year haircut.

Every time someone posts something like this they show that A) they do not remotely understand the economics of college sports post NIL, and B) that they do not remotely understand the academic and financial mission of elite academic universities.

Reaction Score

Peter Cordelli's source appears to be one of the UNC Board of Trustees.

"Trustee Dave Boliek, a former chairman, said after the meeting there was an "imbalance in the budget" that required shifting dollars from other fund balances to cover the cost of athletics. He said the board hasn't been given a strategy on how UNC will move forward.

Boliek said he wants UNC to join a higher-revenue league.

"I am advocating for that," he said. "That's what we need to do. We need to do everything we can to get there. Or the alternative is the ACC is going to have to reconstruct itself. I think all options are on the table."

Reaction Score
Thank you. I hate BC/Cuse/Duke as much as the next guy but how in the world is SMU and Calford better than those?

SMU is better because they have Big Oil trucking unlimited cash reserves to the conference ...

Reaction Score
Every time someone posts something like this they show that A) they do not remotely understand the economics of college sports post NIL, and B) that they do not remotely understand the academic and financial mission of elite academic universities.
Every time someone posts something like this they show that they secretly wish for their school's athletic department to be downgraded to actual Big East Level. (Is that how this works?)

You just witnessed Cal and flipping Stanford accept what amounts to a bowl of soup and a pat on the back as payment for inclusion in The ACC. Are Vandy and NW more elite academically than Stanford? Is their mission more noble than that of The Cardinal? The day you seem to pine for, where teams voluntarily leave the conferences that they have been members of for 100 years may still come, but it is not here yet.

Reaction Score

A great way to get the low level schools to say we will take 10M (or some other amount) if you let us stay. Maybe they add kickers for wins, ships, etc.

Reaction Score
This may be a mashup. Months ago, the magnificent 7 met to discuss breaking away together to form a smaller conference with, hopefully, the same money but fewer mouths to feed. North Carolina politics will throw in a monkey wrench…. And it won’t happen , I don’t think. In the end though, UNC was the only one not approving the ACC suing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every time someone posts something like this they show that they secretly wish for their school's athletic department to be downgraded to actual Big East Level. (Is that how this works?)

You just witnessed Cal and flipping Stanford accept what amounts to a bowl of soup and a pat on the back as payment for inclusion in The ACC. Are Vandy and NW more elite academically than Stanford? Is their mission more noble than that of The Cardinal? The day you seem to pine for, where teams voluntarily leave the conferences that they have been members of for 100 years may still come, but it is not here yet.

How many times are you or @John going to make the same pointless complaints? We are not in the Big 10. WE GET IT. You have never provided an ounce of insight on that topic that we all don't know already.

Now you just crap on UConn on this board, and it is getting old. If being a UConn fan makes you this miserable, go root for another school rather than spew your misery all over this board.

GG

Reaction Score
This may be a mashup. Months ago, the magnificent 7 met to discuss breaking away together to form a smaller conference with, hopefully, the same money but fewer mouths to feed. North Carolina politics will throw in a monkey wrench…. And it won’t happen , I don’t think. In the end though, UNC was the only one not approving the ACC suing.
I thought those schools were looking for greener pastures, not downsizing the ACC. Of course I may be wrong.

Reaction Score
How many times are you or @John going to make the same pointless complaints? We are not in the Big 10. WE GET IT. You have never provided an ounce of insight on that topic that we all don't know already.

Now you just crap on UConn on this board, and it is getting old. If being a UConn fan makes you this miserable, go root for another school rather than spew your misery all over this board.
Maybe become a Seton Hall-wannabee fan like you?

Reaction Score
I thought those schools were looking for greener pastures, not downsizing the ACC. Of course I may be wrong.

Looking for more $$$...to be able to compete with the P2...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Maybe become a Seton Hall-wannabee fan like you?

I post about a clear path out of our conference purgatory, and I have been right every step of the way. You are rooting for UConn's failure, and still trying to justify your AAC love affair. There is no equivalence or whatabout between us.

Reaction Score
LOL. You are good in basketball and win credits, you pay a penalty because, as we all know, no good deed goes unpunished.

Reaction Score
A great way to get the low level schools to say we will take 10M (or some other amount) if you let us stay. Maybe they add kickers for wins, ships, etc.
The question is can you do it? I guess if you all quit maybe. There might be a way to in essence disband the league then the self important ones form their own league. But that would likely require at least 8 (a majority). I don’t know the details of the membership documents, but I kind of doubt if you can just expel a full member, let alone 7 or 8. It might even require something like 75% to disband. Otherwise, they need to pony up the 1.25 million exit fee plus their rights fees. The remaining members will do alright. People can SAY lots of things. Actually doing it is a very different thing. Ask Florida State and Clemson. I also think UNC is generally playing this smartly. The just need some board members to stifle themselves. If an opportunity presents itself, they can take advantage but they aren’t the ones causing the ruckus. Let the other guys spend their money and earn the bad will. If they win, you get the benefit. If they lose, you don’t have the the taste of shame and humiliation!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
lol....you guys are pimping a site no one has ever heard of, an article written by someone who does not actually exist about a guy who barely exists, in Pete Cordelli.

Reaction Score
lol....you guys are pimping a site no one has ever heard of, an article written by someone who does not actually exist about a guy who barely exists, in Pete Cordelli.
I agree on that point. I doubt anybody with any power at UNC is making that argument because I doubt it can actually be done. If kicking out full members, let alone charter members like Duke and Wake were simple, the New Big East would have jettisoned DePaul years ago.

Reaction Score
I never heard of it, of course, but does it mean anything in CR

Report: Connecticut ranks No. 1 in creators per population

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I never heard of it, of course, but does it mean anything in CR

Report: Connecticut ranks No. 1 in creators per population

You’ve “never heard” of Only Fans?

IMG_1882.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online