No View From 241 This Week | The Boneyard

No View From 241 This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a work related travel weekend out of town and won't have access to the game until next week. And no -- I don't think anyone should give a crap whether I post it (escpecially as the season seems to be ruining my sense of humor -- or what there was of it), but since some people inevitably ask "when" if I'm too slow most weeks, I thought I would save those people the trouble.

I do, however, have the opening line from the post already written. "So, after all that, we ran McCombs up the middle for 2 yards on the first play of the game? Really?" You can imagine the rest from there.

Reaction Score
Can I have your tickets?

1. Sorry Jimmy, I gave them to an alum in my office. Absolutely made sure they would be used.

2. As to Wisky's, no, don't read it that way. I have missed a few home games over the years due to business travel -- the Dennis Brown home game to Rutgers comes to mind -- and if I can't control the scheduling work comes first. If we were 6-0 with Edsall coaching, I'd still be missing the game.

Reaction Score
You can always post your view from whatever seat you are sitting on in the vessel you are using to get around. ;)

Reaction Score
BL,

I've never seen you posts with such a negative tone before. Just saying.

That's good that your seats will be utilized.

Reaction Score
1. Sorry Jimmy, I gave them to an alum in my office. Absolutely made sure they would be used.

2. As to Wisky's, no, don't read it that way. I have missed a few home games over the years due to business travel -- the Dennis Brown home game to Rutgers comes to mind -- and if I can't control the scheduling work comes first. If we were 6-0 with Edsall coaching, I'd still be missing the game.
A big +1 on making sure the tickets are used. I also understand work comes first, as I'm sure anyone with a job does.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I have a work related travel weekend out of town and won't have access to the game until next week. And no -- I don't think anyone should give a crap whether I post it (escpecially as the season seems to be ruining my sense of humor -- or what there was of it), but since some people inevitably ask "when" if I'm too slow most weeks, I thought I would save those people the trouble.

I do, however, have the opening line from the post already written. "So, after all that, we ran McCombs up the middle for 2 yards on the first play of the game? Really?" You can imagine the rest from there.

Hey Biz- as one who always looks for your post-game write-up, I appreciate the heads-up, just shows that you possess common courtesy, which many professional writers could take a lesson from. Thanks and I'll miss reading your insights this week.

pj

Reaction Score
Sorry, we'll miss you. Hope the score cheers you up.

Reaction Score
BL,

I've never seen you posts with such a negative tone before. Just saying.

That's good that your seats will be utilized.

Well, this is the first time since we've moved to the Rent that I don't see the program moving forward (or at least not moving back with a plan to move forward). The conference realignment crap blows and is draining. A year and a half in to the new regime, I am less optimistic about it than I was when it started or at the end of last year. And the empty seats, as we move to economics running this business more and more, is a terrifying trend.

So while I will be emotionally involved in each game, one by one, I do find it hard to be upbeat after poor losses. (Note, fwiw, that I was not this down after splitting the two ACC games -- at that point I still though there was a good chance we would be pretty good -- so it's really a recent development.)

Reaction Score
What has me down is that I think P has lost the team.

Seniors have to step up and hold people accountable. If we lose tomorrow, things are gonna get very, very ugly.

Reaction Score
Well, this is the first time since we've moved to the Rent that I don't see the program moving forward (or at least not moving back with a plan to move forward). The conference realignment crap blows and is draining. A year and a half in to the new regime, I am less optimistic about it than I was when it started or at the end of last year. And the empty seats, as we move to economics running this business more and more, is a terrifying trend.

So while I will be emotionally involved in each game, one by one, I do find it hard to be upbeat after poor losses. (Note, fwiw, that I was not this down after splitting the two ACC games -- at that point I still though there was a good chance we would be pretty good -- so it's really a recent development.)

I agree on all. . But I got my first bad vibe at the NC State game.

Reaction Score
I agree on all. . But I got my first bad vibe at the NC State game.

FWIW, I thought we came within a play of beating a team better than most we will face, and I thought we were going to be able to go 8-4 winning a lot of low scoring games. Which would have been fine with me. I stayed of that belief after winning in College Park. But the last three weeks have been just brutal.

U

UConn9604

What has me down is that I think P has lost the team.

This is my biggest concern. A close second is that he is losing/has lost the fan base. If you're not getting better, you are, by definition, getting worse. That's where we're at (with apologies for the dangling preposition).

Reaction Score
FWIW, I thought we came within a play of beating a team better than most we will face, and I thought we were going to be able to go 8-4 winning a lot of low scoring games. Which would have been fine with me. I stayed of that belief after winning in College Park. But the last three weeks have been just brutal.

Sorry, I meant about the receding fanbase not so much about the team. We should have had a bigger more enthusiastic crowd given the opponent. I sort of hoped it was the weather and not a sign of anything.

Reaction Score
If the offense has its coming out party will you travel more?

Reaction Score
Sorry, I meant about the receding fanbase not so much about the team. We should have had a bigger more enthusiastic crowd given the opponent. I sort of hoped it was the weather and not a sign of anything.

I've got to be honest. I don't ever remember being this "meh" about attending a home game. Ever. That includes the 2006 season. Maybe being there right before kickoff will get the juices flowing, but right now........

Reaction Score
I've got to be honest. I don't ever remember being this "meh" about attending a home game. Ever. That includes the 2006 season. Maybe being there right before kickoff will get the juices flowing, but right now........

It's better than watching on your laptop in Germany. Last year I had to watch from Starbucks in Turkey because it had the fastest internet connection I could find.

Reaction Score
In this age of instant communication I vote for someone doing whatever needs to be done to get Biz the ESPN3 replay ASAP Saturday night. Get an IPad from Rent-A-Center, something . . . my lack of technological skills disqualifies me, tho

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Any chance for a mid week View? I would be lying if on Sundays I don't stop checking the Boneyard until the View is up haha.

U

UConn9604

In this age of instant communication I vote for someone doing whatever needs to be done to get Biz the ESPN3 replay ASAP Saturday night. Get an IPad from Rent-A-Center, something . . . my lack of technological skills disqualifies me, tho

SNY should have its Power Hour on Sundays, too, so that's an option.

Reaction Score

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak