No Streaming Video??? | The Boneyard

No Streaming Video???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is impossible for me to tell, one the morning after, whether any Boneyarders who were relyong on streaming resolved the issue involving SNY last night. To recap, many of us found that when we entered the site, we were not directed to any place where we could watch the programming. There were promos for the programming, but no "buttons" to click and no automatic opening of the video. In fact, the page we got was not different from the page someone would get if they simply went to the SNY address and clicked on UConn Huskies.

And watching the same two-minute promo of a show that we subscribers could not watch was like rubbing our faces in it!

SNY provides a web address for customer service. Many of us found it did not work. When iretyped it, I got through, however, and I sent a message and got an automatic response. As of now -- 9 a.m. eastern -- I have gotten no real response. Meanwhile, I called SNY (not the easiest thing to do because they are not used to dealing with direct customers) and was sent to the Digital Media Department, where I left a message for some guy. Who knows whether he or they will answer, but at least they are on notice in a couple of ways that there is a problem.

Last night on the Boneyard was a bit chaotic because we had people who were watching SNY on cable or satellite and things were just fine for them, and in addition, there were a couple of threads going simultaneously about the frustration of people who could not get through. So if I may make a suggestion to moderators, please set up one thread that sort of becomes the official place where we can get information on SNY streaming and how to access it. It is entirely possible that one person will find out something before the rest, and if he/she is kind enough to post it in that one place, everyone will know quickly.

Obviously, this is extremely important. We go through the entire offseason waiting for now, rejoicing when we find we will continue to have a streaming option, and then find that NOTHING at SNY is as promised, a least not yet. I cannot believe how anxious I am for a game against College of Charleston, but there it is.

If you hear anything at all about SNY and a response to the situation we were faced with last night, please post it. Thanks.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Same frustration here tomcat. I tweeted SNY and UCONNWBB as well as my email to SNY - yet no response from anyone.

Reaction Score
It is impossible for me to tell, one the morning after, whether any Boneyarders who were relyong on streaming resolved the issue involving SNY last night. To recap, many of us found that when we entered the site, we were not directed to any place where we could watch the programming. There were promos for the programming, but no "buttons" to click and no automatic opening of the video. In fact, the page we got was not different from the page someone would get if they simply went to the SNY address and clicked on UConn Huskies.

And watching the same two-minute promo of a show that we subscribers could not watch was like rubbing our faces in it!

SNY provides a web address for customer service. Many of us found it did not work. When iretyped it, I got through, however, and I sent a message and got an automatic response. As of now -- 9 a.m. eastern -- I have gotten no real response. Meanwhile, I called SNY (not the easiest thing to do because they are not used to dealing with direct customers) and was sent to the Digital Media Department, where I left a message for some guy. Who knows whether he or they will answer, but at least they are on notice in a couple of ways that there is a problem.

Last night on the Boneyard was a bit chaotic because we had people who were watching SNY on cable or satellite and things were just fine for them, and in addition, there were a couple of threads going simultaneously about the frustration of people who could not get through. So if I may make a suggestion to moderators, please set up one thread that sort of becomes the official place where we can get information on SNY streaming and how to access it. It is entirely possible that one person will find out something before the rest, and if he/she is kind enough to post it in that one place, everyone will know quickly.

Obviously, this is extremely important. We go through the entire offseason waiting for now, rejoicing when we find we will continue to have a streaming option, and then find that NOTHING at SNY is as promised, a least not yet. I cannot believe how anxious I am for a game against College of Charleston, but there it is.

If you hear anything at all about SNY and a response to the situation we were faced with last night, please post it. Thanks.

Same here. Apparently "all access" only means "some access".

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Folks - just checked my emails at home and had received one from SNY last night. Says Live streaming starts on Sunday, and all of last night's shows should be on the archive then. Hope this helps. Sorry you missed the shows - they are a HUGE improvement in production values.

Reaction Score
I also had the same problem. Does anyone know if we will be able to see future Geno's shows live after streaming begins on Sunday?

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
My husband tried to talk me out of Zumba last night so we could watch. I'm glad I decided not to stay home. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm all the way over here in Los Angeles and it's rather frustrating that I give somebody $60 expecting to get all this unbelievable content and then subjected to watch "Clips" #NotCool

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Folks - just checked my emails at home and had received one from SNY last night. Says Live streaming starts on Sunday, and all of last night's shows should be on the archive then. Hope this helps. Sorry you missed the shows - they are a HUGE improvement in production values.
It seems as if this post is being ignored.

Reaction Score
I have a VERY sinking feeling about the SNY streaming problems, as well as about billing inquiries. There are no posted customer service numbers....speaking to a live human being seems out of the question. One can use their posted email address to contact customer service, but all one gets in return is an automated response promising a follow-up which never comes. For those of us that subscribed, this whole thing may prove to be an exercise in frustration at best and a complete ripoff at worst. I fervently hope I'm wrong, but if early indications are of any value, well, it's lookin' pretty bad!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
They finally have some clips up from the 2nd show under the Videos tab. Nothing from the 1st show. Why wouldn't you archive the full shows???? Will have to wait and see on Sunday but thus far I am not optimistic. This 'package' is totally user-unfriendly. And I still haven't figured out how to open the so-called "Media Player". The videos are just Flash playbacks ala YouTube.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It seems as if this post is being ignored.

Thanks, Alex! Perhaps this has become a PON post and therefore real information is not expected/welcomed....proving once again that sometimes folks just need to vent about change....

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Thanks, Alex! Perhaps this has become a PON post and therefore real information is not expected/welcomed....proving once again that sometimes folks just need to vent about change....

No, your experience is just different than ours. You've seen the programs, we haven't. You've gotten a response, we haven't.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
No, your experience is just different than ours. You've seen the programs, we haven't. You've gotten a response, we haven't.

Point taken. (I never argue with a bear.) However, I did not "get a response." I think I got the email because I have season tix. I was passing on what I found out in the email because everyone who wanted to see the shows was upset. I do not know why SNY would send local tix holders an email and not the streaming subscribers. I wanted people to know that it was not their subscription that was a problem, or their computer, but the streaming was not available until the season starts. And it perplexed me that, if emails were sent, why people were mad at SNY. And now I know. No emails to them. Over and out.

Reaction Score
I emailed them yesterday this:

Hi, I paid for the subscription to UConn Women's Basketball streaming on SNY, and I can't find where to go on the website to see the video. You are showing an All Access special in an hour that you sent me an email telling me you are streaming.
Where do I go to access my streaming video that i have paid for?

and I received this response:

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry.

The UConn Huskies TV schedule is available here: http://web.sny.tv/uconnhuskies/

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

UConn Huskies TV Customer Support

They didn't answer my question. So I sent this:

Thank you for your response, however that doesn't answer my question.
My question, as you see below, was about accessing the steaming video.
You answered with a link to the schedule. That doesn't have any
instructions on how to access the streaming content.

There is a game on Sunday that is supposed to be streamed. How do the
subscribers access what we paid for?

It also doesn't list the Geno Show. Will those be streamed like with CPTV?

If all SNY is streaming is the games, then the price should be less
than what it is. We got more streamed with CPTV at the same price.

So, we will see if I get a response by Sunday about this. I hope so.

Reaction Score
Well, what they're doing is misleading at best. To send streaming subscribers to the same page, with no disclaimers, and expect that we'll figure out that the show is only for people who watch SNY on cable and satellite is a bit much. As for customer service, their switchboard operator with whom I spoke said it all; We don't really have one of those," as she sent me to their online services department, which also never returned my call.

Somewhere on their website is a phrase that, I guess, epitomizes their attitude: "Our preferred communication means is email." To hell with what YOUR preferred communication means is. We do email, so you had better do it, too.

Assuming the damn show is watchable on Sunday and beyond, I'll continue to use their service because they are a monopoly and I have no choice if I want to see the games. But if I had my druthers, which I don't, I'd send my money someone else's way.

Reaction Score
I emailed them yesterday this:

and I received this response:

They didn't answer my question. So I sent this:

So, we will see if I get a response by Sunday about this. I hope so.
I got an email earlier today which seems to answer your question. They said that a set amount of time prior to each game, a button will appear that you can click. If you've already logged in, you'll go straight to the streaming. If you have not logged in, it will prompt you to log in, and then you will go to the streaming.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

To all who have expressed frustration about the lack of streaming, lack of archiving, lack of explanations or responses by SNY--- I have written two detailed emails to SNY, but no responses. However, I copied most of the second email to the UConn Athletic Director and to the Athletic Communications dept at UConn, and here I did get a thoughtful response, which I quote in full:

***I'm sorry for your troubles. You should know you are not the only person who has had issues and they are working towards remedying everything by Sunday. As for the All-Access or Preview shows not being on the stream, I asked SNY to clarify and here is what they sent me.

Due to the network's affiliate agreements, SNY is only permitted to live stream women's basketball games that air on the network. This was clearly stated on uconnhuskies.tv, where fans can purchase the streaming subscription package. Outside of the women's basketball games airing on SNY, the network can stream game highlights, press conferences and featured segments from its UConn programming lineup, including the Geno Auriemma show. To watch all of SNY's UConn programming on TV, the network is available to viewers throughout Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and northeastern Pennsylvania. SNY's full-slate of UConn programming is also available to out of market fans via DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS, Comcast Cable and AT&T U-Verse.

Basically, and understandably, SNY's affiliates do not want much other than live games available as part of the stream. Hopefully this answers part two of your question.

Also, we have been assured that an email is going out to all streaming subscribers today. A telephone number will be active on game days for all of the subscribers to the streaming platform as well.

Thanks again for your support and I hope this clarified things a little for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pat McKenna
Assistant Director of Athletic Communications***

I thanked Mr. McKenna for his response, but I also did suggest that no one at SNY has cared to define just what "featured segments from its UConn programming lineup" means. Or what "segments" will not be streamed live, and if not live, will they be archived to be available IN FULL at a later date. I also suggested that SNY, who advertises its programming and takes our subscription fees, should really be doing the explaining. So much still up in the air (that might be the wrong metaphor).

Reaction Score
To all who have expressed frustration about the lack of streaming, lack of archiving, lack of explanations or responses by SNY--- I have written two detailed emails to SNY, but no responses. However, I copied most of the second email to the UConn Athletic Director and to the Athletic Communications dept at UConn, and here I did get a thoughtful response, which I quote in full:

***I'm sorry for your troubles. You should know you are not the only person who has had issues and they are working towards remedying everything by Sunday. As for the All-Access or Preview shows not being on the stream, I asked SNY to clarify and here is what they sent me.

Due to the network's affiliate agreements, SNY is only permitted to live stream women's basketball games that air on the network. This was clearly stated on uconnhuskies.tv, where fans can purchase the streaming subscription package. Outside of the women's basketball games airing on SNY, the network can stream game highlights, press conferences and featured segments from its UConn programming lineup, including the Geno Auriemma show. To watch all of SNY's UConn programming on TV, the network is available to viewers throughout Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and northeastern Pennsylvania. SNY's full-slate of UConn programming is also available to out of market fans via DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS, Comcast Cable and AT&T U-Verse.

Basically, and understandably, SNY's affiliates do not want much other than live games available as part of the stream. Hopefully this answers part two of your question.

Also, we have been assured that an email is going out to all streaming subscribers today. A telephone number will be active on game days for all of the subscribers to the streaming platform as well.

Thanks again for your support and I hope this clarified things a little for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pat McKenna
Assistant Director of Athletic Communications***

I thanked Mr. McKenna for his response, but I also did suggest that no one at SNY has cared to define just what "featured segments from its UConn programming lineup" means. Or what "segments" will not be streamed live, and if not live, will they be archived to be available IN FULL at a later date. I also suggested that SNY, who advertises its programming and takes our subscription fees, should really be doing the explaining. So much still up in the air (that might be the wrong metaphor).

Thanks so much for taking what must have been a lot of time to get this clarification. It's also gratifying that the UConn Athletics Department was willing to respond. But I'm with you: SNY is not a business-to-consumer organization and it does not have the first clue as t how to deal with consumers. It is a B-to-B outfit that is comfortable dealing with Comcast and Cox and has everything in the world to learn about customer relations. Trouble is, the vast, vast majority of its dollars will come from B-to-B, so the real question is this: Will they ever care about us? Unfortunately, I suspect I know the answer.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
As a subscriber that does nother have access to SNY through my cable provider, I am deeply disappointed in the way they have handled this debacle. Having 3-4 minutes clips available is nice, but I would like to see programs in the entirety. And it's not any more comforting to know that there may be a possibility that I can watch them hours after everyone else.

I guarantee they are making more money off of the $60 they were paid directly from me than they earn from another single individual that has access to the cable channel and doesn't pay for a subscription. You would think those that paid the direct fee would be the ones having greater benefits from their service. JMO

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
So should I sign up for this? I'm in Indiana, with a laptop, and want to watch on Sunday. Advice?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Semper, same here. The videos they do have look great. From what I have seen I am guessing the games will be done very well - I am just not sure how much more us subscribers will see in real time (in terms of other UConn programming). So for the games, I would definitely say yes!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So should I sign up for this? I'm in Indiana, with a laptop, and want to watch on Sunday. Advice?

Be patient for the reviews Sunday. Folks need to remember parts of this are new to SNY in terms of expectation. It takes time to adjust. It took CPTV a long time to get the streaming right even changing suppliers including one time during the season. SNY needs to spend some time listening to their market. It doesn't happen over night.

Reaction Score
Dear UConnHuskies.TV Subscribers,

Thank you for subscribing to UConnHuskies.TV. Here are some helpful reminders when logging in to your account prior to Sunday's game vs. the College of Charleston:

Go to UConnHuskies.TV on your PC or Mac computer Approximately 30 minutes before the start of the game, the 'Watch' link will be live next to the UConn-College of Charleston game in the schedule portion of the page. To launch the video player, simply click the "Watch" link If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so. Simply log in with the email address and password that you used when subscribing to UConnHuskies.TV. If you can't recall your password, click the 'forgot password' link and a new password will be generated and emailed to you.

If you have any questions, please contact customer service at uconnhuskies@website.sny.tv. On gameday, phone support will be available and the number will be listed at the bottom of UConnHuskies.TV.

Sincerely,
UConn Huskies TV Customer Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member