No one has discussed 3UConn's update pinned by Nan | The Boneyard

No one has discussed 3UConn's update pinned by Nan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been up since yesterday, so...

http://the-boneyard.com/blog/week-of-jun-16-recruiting-updates/

Josh Perkins (PG): His dad said his son will “more than likely” officially visit Connecticut and
that Kentucky is another potential destination, with John Calipari picking up his recruitment of
the rising senior. His father also said, “I think he can get it done before August (a commitment), He wants it done before he gets to Huntington Prep.” Per Scout.

Brandone Francis (PG): This weekend at the NBA Top 100 he continually said UConn was
recruiting him the hardest. Then, in an article by Alex Kline something interesting was found
about Francis. It said that Brandone’s father lives in Boston and has a close relationship with Kevin Ollie. The article also said he is wide open and wants to decide by August.

Reaction Score
I think the news about Francis is encouraging, but it still seems like Florida and Louisville will be tough to beat for him.

Reaction Score
I think the news about Francis is encouraging, but it still seems like Florida and Louisville will be tough to beat for him.

I liked the Perkins news a lot because the schools offering the top PG are going to wait beyond August. If this kid really has one month to decide, he'll likely pick a school after an official visit. I have no idea who else he is thinking about, maybe UCLA, Arizona, Kansas, but he's already used two officials on Gonzaga and UCLA, so now he has 3 left. He looks to be West Coast oriented, but then again, he's heading to WV for prep.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think, at least for me, the reason there is so little discussion about the articles is it seems that the staff is casting such a wide net (very good thing IMHO) that it's hard to really narrow on anyone. Us being a favorite, or in the top 5, or losing interest in kids is happening so fast and ebbing and flowing that it's hard to keep track or get overly enthused...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We need to wait until recruits cut their lists. I'm waiting for AMA and McLaughlin to cut their lists and start going on officials.

Reaction Score
We need to wait until recruits cut their lists. I'm waiting for AMA and McLaughlin to cut their lists and start going on officials.

I don't know how much waiting we need to do.

A kid like Perkins is down to a couple visits left, and then a decision will be made in July.

We are in prime time, and soon the handcuffs come off. If you were ignoring recruiting until now, this is the time when things happen. 2 months of crazy starting right here, right now.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I don't know how much waiting we need to do.

A kid like Perkins is down to a couple visits left, and then a decision will be made in July.

We are in prime time, and soon the handcuffs come off. If you were ignoring recruiting until now, this is the time when things happen. 2 months of crazy starting right here, right now.

Nothing can really be done until the July live period begins. When that comes, its full-charge to get the best we can.

Reaction Score
Nothing can really be done until the July live period begins. When that comes, its full-charge to get the best we can.

What do you mean by this? Players are allowed to take official visits to UConn. But Ollie can't travel.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
What do you mean by this? Players are allowed to take official visits to UConn. But Ollie can't travel.

Ollie makes most of his headway by visiting recruits. But my point may be vague. Most recruits make final lists in July, however.

D

Deleted member 3149

Seems to me like we could be getting 1 of Perkins, McLoughlin, or Francis. I'll take either.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'd like the staff to sign McLaughlin or Perkins, Abu and/or Chukwu, and Carrington. Signing a kid like Black or Francis would be a huge plus. Otherwise, a combination of those guys to go with Hamilton would be a great class.

Reaction Score
I hope fans realize that they are talking about more then a great class- possibly the best class ever in UCONN history if we fill out it out with the names mentioned in threads like this one. I am hoping you are right- but realize that the names mentioned are pretty lofty compared to years past.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Has there been an update on McLaughlin since he cut his list months ago?

Reaction Score
Personally, I'd like the staff to sign McLaughlin or Perkins, Abu and/or Chukwu, and Carrington. Signing a kid like Black or Francis would be a huge plus. Otherwise, a combination of those guys to go with Hamilton would be a great class.

yes yes yes or yes... all would work in some combo..we need Hamilton one or two seasons and Carrington who are three or four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom