No matter what happens from here on out, this was a terrific season... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No matter what happens from here on out, this was a terrific season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No premature obituaries or eulogies please. This wouldn't be posted this on the women's board before a sweet 16 game.

@ericsandiego you are tasked with studying this list for the next four days: I'm not dead yet.

And listen to only this song in your sleep and in your car.

Reaction Score
We have the best player in America, playing in our back yard for a trip to the final 4.

We're UConn damnit! I'm happy with the season, but oppopportunities like this are once in a lifetime.

Exactly, and I don't care if we have to play the Miami Heat to get there. Reflections are at the end of the day.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with the OP. It has been a great season so far. It's worth looking back on it and enjoying the team's accomplishments. You have to put things in perspective. We were in a crap conference. KO had never coached a postseason game before. We came into the season without knowing who would play in our frontcourt. We had a lot of questions, and here we are in the Sweet 16.

When you're in the Sweet 16 as a 7 seed, you're playing with house money.

Reaction Score
When you're in the Sweet 16 as a 7 seed, you're playing with house money.
Depends on the situation. Iowa State is good, but they aren't at full strength, and it is in MSG. The opportunity is ripe, and if we miss it, we'll be upset at ourselves.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Depends on the situation. Iowa State is good, but they aren't at full strength, and it is in MSG. The opportunity is ripe, and if we miss it, we'll be upset at ourselves.

Look, just because I say we're playing with house money doesn't mean I won't be upset if we lose! :)

Reaction Score
Look, just because I say we're playing with house money doesn't mean I won't be upset if we lose! :)
We are not playing with house money. We are playing with out money. Stop it.

DELETE THIS THREAD.

Reaction Score

DELETE THIS THREAD.

The point is nobody is going to come in here and declare this a failed season if by chance we lose this weekend. Oh wait, forgot who i'm responding to. Ollie needs to get to the final 4 in his very first tournament.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

DELETE THIS THREAD.

Not only is there an egregious typo in your comment, but you also seem to not understand how reverse jinxes work.

Reaction Score
The point is nobody is going to come in here and declare this a failed season if by chance we lose this weekend. Oh wait, forgot who i'm responding to. Ollie needs to get to the final 4 in his very first tournament.
Did we as posters forget, ollie was on the hotseat going into the tourney! anything less than pure unrestrained dominance would be deemed a failure.

Reaction Score
Did we as posters forget, ollie was on the hotseat going into the tourney! anything less than pure unrestrained dominance would be deemed a failure.

Palatine has said enough dumb things that you can pick on over the years. But this isn't one of them.

The notion that we are playing with house money is insulting to everything this program has accomplished.

Reaction Score
Palatine has said enough dumb things that you can pick on over the years. But this isn't one of them.

The notion that we are playing with house money is insulting to everything this program has accomplished.
well I agree now that we've seen them perform in the tourney. We have a lot of momentum and should continuing competing. Ofcourse it isn't house money but it also isn't end all be all.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only time you can say UCONN is playing with house money is when they are in the Final Four. Then I expect to see them win the National Championship.

Go Huskies!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Everyone has high expectations but if anyone here feels we were a lock for the final 4 at the season start is smoking something I need to go to Colorado to purchase legally.
With the frontline we entered the season with, I was hoping to finish top 3 in league and the sweet sixteen if things fell our way, which they did.
I bleed husky blue and white but am realistic.
This reminds of all those who claimed in 2011, before the BE tournament, that UConn was boing to win the National Championship - hell we were trying to win the first match on Tuesday!!!
Right now we have a 1/16 chance but with it being MSG and we have refound a swagger - I am optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom