No Love Lost? | The Boneyard

No Love Lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seemed like a pretty perfunctory hand shake between Geno and Joanne after the game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Not sure what, if anything, you can read into a handshake. When was the last time you saw a post-game kiss and a hug?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
TJI some people always look for drama smh

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I noticed it too
No big deal, though.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not an unusual reaction from a losing coach. Muffett & Geno usually only shared pleasantries before the game. If you go back and look at the times we beat Notre Dame Muffett usually did a "fly-by" handshake too. No fun losing.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not sure what, if anything, you can read into a handshake. When was the last time you saw a post-game kiss and a hug?
Last time we played Hartford or was it last time we played Cinci? Can't remember, but totally agree - it tends to be pretty quick and meaningless unless there is a specific personal or professional issue that one or other coach wants to address.

Reaction Score
Usually he bends over and whispers a little something.
What do you want coach P to do? thank Geno for humiliating her team again....

Not sure, maybe just my imagination.

Reaction Score
Seemed like a pretty perfunctory hand shake between Geno and Joanne after the game.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't thrilled that Duke decided to put on a full-court press, under 2:00 and down 20+ points. Really low class.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
diana-taurasi-kiss-seimone-augustus.jpg
I cannot remember that ever occurring. We may have to wait until Dee is coaching against Seimone.

Reaction Score
Why person? People is correct. Secondly it is not grumpify me as you stated. It is just absurd

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
uconnfan68 said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't thrilled that Duke decided to put on a full-court press, under 2:00 and down 20+ points. Really low class.

Was annoyed a bit by this as well, though I surmised that they (Duke) might be making a last ditch effort to get the point spread below 20, possibly to lessen the sting....thoughts?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Was annoyed a bit by this as well, though I surmised that they (Duke) might be making a last ditch effort to get the point spread below 20, possibly to lessen the sting....thoughts?

Maybe McCallie had placed a bet on the game and took Duke +20 points.:rolleyes:

I wonder if Geno and Duke (former Tennessee) Assistant Coach Al Brown even shook hands. Geno vividly expressed his scorn for Al in his book -- about, of all things, the wussy handshake Brown gave him after a Tennessee vs. UConn game.

Al is the guy whose sartorial statement is manifested through his vast wardrobe of colorful sweaters. Well, any comparison between Al Brown and Louie Carnesecca ends right there.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe she just wanted to make sure her team had the attitude of competing to the end. Forcing them into a press forced them to engage.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why person? People is correct.
Because "people" (plural) didn't start the thread (or really question the handshake). A "person" (singular) did.

But I agree, nothing there, move along.

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Maybe she just wanted to make sure her team had the attitude of competing to the end. Forcing them into a press forced them to engage.

She waits a whole game to force them into a press? Hmmmm...I suppose, with the fouls being called the way they are now, that's the way to keep the numbers down.....I suppose

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She waits a whole game to force them into a press? Hmmmm...I suppose, with the fouls being called the way they are now, that's the way to keep the numbers down.....I suppose
Yeah, it is more of a way to force the kids to focus on something and compete to the end of the game rather than a tactic she expected to work against UCONN's good ball handlers for a whole game. An act of displacing her kid's attention from the score and onto a task at hand. She was simply trying to get something out of what was a lost cause at that point.

Reaction Score

Perhaps if she had employed that during the game the score might have been closer.

Reaction Score
I have seen Coach P in previous games offer the same handshake to Sherri Coale and the Coach at Cal..........Duke has talent and their coaching has not developed the right attitude or she recruits players who do not play 40 minutes. My guess, it starts at the top everyday in practice. Geno recruits players who can pass the ball and are very tough minded and do not mind mixing it up and diving for loose balls.......If you want to play at UCONN.......You need to do all of the above and then score....

I like the Peters kid #33........She can play for UCONN any day.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I remember Stewie (I think) in an interview saying something such as 'he doesn't make you repeat the drill until you can do it - he makes you repeat the drill until you cannot do it wrong.'

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Not an unusual reaction from a losing coach. Muffett & Geno usually only shared pleasantries before the game. If you go back and look at the times we beat Notre Dame Muffett usually did a "fly-by" handshake too. No fun losing.
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
View attachment 4529
I cannot remember that ever occurring. We may have to wait until Dee is coaching against Seimone.
IIRC, that interlude occurred during the game, not post-game. They were guarding each other and both were getting pretty rough - the ref stepped in to separate them, but not before Dee said 'enough' in her own unique way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom