Niels Giffey | The Boneyard

Niels Giffey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Niels has emerged as one of my favorite players. He is a high character guy, great team player, shooter, defender and arguably our second best rebounder (not that that's saying much). He is selfless almost to a fault, and I would like to see him "hog" the ball a little and take some more shots. He has shot over 40% the past 2 seasons from deep, and we need 3's to compensate for our atrocious rebounding. I don't have the link but I read somewhere that KO said Niels has been the MVP of the team so far this year. It's time for him to get more aggressive and do his thing. If any of you saw his 14 point performance in Maui against UK a couple years ago, you would agree. He needs average more than 18 minutes a game, and start shooting when he's open. He passes up way too many shots thinking he's being a team player. Hog the ball Niels!!

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for the player from the UK game to reappear for 2 years now. hopefully this was the game to convince him that he needs to be more selfish. There's no reason why he can't average at least 8-10 ppg, and if the team is going to have any kind of success going forward Niels has to develop into an offensive option. No more Sticks pumpfaking out on the perimeter, just launch it.

Reaction Score
Id have no problem with Niels launching away when he has even a bit of space from his defender. 3 point shooting is going to have a huge impact on our offense this year and if omar and niels start hitting on all cylinders we will be a dangerous team in the big east. Id love to see more of the second half of the Stony Brook game. Imagine omar averaging 10+, niels right there with 8-9 ppg, and deandre around 9-10 ppg - thats scary with bazz and boat doing their thing

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I've been waiting for the player from the UK game to reappear for 2 years now. hopefully this was the game to convince him that he needs to be more selfish. There's no reason why he can't average at least 8-10 ppg, and if the team is going to have any kind of success going forward Niels has to develop into an offensive option. No more Sticks pumpfaking out on the perimeter, just launch it.
He also has developed a nice floater going into the lane so I'm not against an occasional pump fake now and then.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He also has developed a nice floater going into the lane so I'm not against an occasional pump fake now and then.

Agreed. Maybe it's because he's always had such a nice stroke, but I was more impressed in the first half when he drove around a screen to an open spot at the foul line and buried a 12-15 footer. Would love to see some more of that from him.

H

Husk-E

Yeah, that was a great game for him, I agree, he has been doing a lot better at creating his own shot, and not being a liability on defense. I would love to see him shoot more, maybe he's distantly related to Dirk or something I don't know, but he definitely has a stroke.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
For the last two years I consistently said Giffey was a complementary piece who would one day be a big part of this team. That day has now come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom