Nice ProspectsNation Piece on 2017 Lexi Gordon... | The Boneyard

Nice ProspectsNation Piece on 2017 Lexi Gordon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I like her shooting form.
Yes, yes, yes. She gets rid of the ball at the height of her jump. She keeps her elbow straight, her head up, her feet together and doesn't launch from her ear. To top it off she has a nice quick release. This is a well educated shooter.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yes, yes, yes. She gets rid of the ball at the height of her jump. She keeps her elbow straight, her head up, her feet together and doesn't launch from her ear. To top it off she has a nice quick release. This is a well educated shooter.
you or her?

Reaction Score
I think UCONN Fans are just going to love this young lady. Another part put in place for the UCONN dynasty!

Reaction Score
I like her shooting form.

I'm a bit worried about her low percentage shooting this year. According to an earlier thread she was only shooting 36% from the floor and 32% from 3 at the high school level this year. On the roster now (excluding Pulido), the lowest is Saniya at 41% from the field and the only one lower from 3 is Tuck at 29% (excluding Collier who has only attempted 7) and that is at the college level.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't know about her shooting, but her face reminds me a tad of Bria Hartley.

Reaction Score
Lexi is far and away the best player on her team and is the center of attention by all opponents'defensive schemes.In one of the games that one of the Uconn coaches attended Lexi scored something like 27 out of her team's 32 or so points.She has outstanding athleticism,desire to be great,and has a most beautiful shooting stroke.She will have outstanding players on her side at Uconn and won't be double and triple teamed all the time.She will be able to showcase her abilities at Uconn and may even make it to the wall.JMHO.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm a bit worried about her low percentage shooting this year. According to an earlier thread she was only shooting 36% from the floor and 32% from 3 at the high school level this year. On the roster now (excluding Pulido), the lowest is Saniya at 41% from the field and the only one lower from 3 is Tuck at 29% (excluding Collier who has only attempted 7) and that is at the college level.
We saw those stats, and I'm taking them with a grain of salt for now. A few sources commented on her shooting accuracy. I'd like to see those stats corroborated--or refuted.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is from a Texas newspaper. It does not address shooting percentages, but does provide some stats:

Already the school’s all-time scoring leader, Gordon finished her junior campaign with 767 points in 31 games, a 24.7 average, which ranks second among area athletes. She also averaged 9.4 rebounds per game, good for sixth.

Gordon, who has scored 1,899 points in her three-year career, was the Star TelegramNewcomer of the Year during her freshman season and a member of the all-area first team last year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't know about the level of competition, but Lexi was second in her area in scoring (0.2 ppg behind). She had higher averages than Joyner Holmes, Natalie Chou, and Lauren Cox. She also out-rebounded both Holmes and Chou.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...a-girls-basketball-statistical-leaders-feb-18
Hard to tell if they didn't play head to head, and even harder since they all play different positions. Still, I'll be very curious to see how Lexi does this summer - I think I recall reading one of the evaluators say that she improved more than pretty much any other player in her class...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom