Nice Article on Last Nights's Game by ...Rich Elliott | The Boneyard

Nice Article on Last Nights's Game by ...Rich Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KML Steps Up Again In The NCAA Tournament By Rich Elliott

STORRS – The greatness of a player can often be measured by how they perform in the biggest games of the season.
The UConn women’s basketball team has had its share of great players that have shined in the NCAA tournament. Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Tina Charles, Bria Hartley, Rebecca Lobo, Maya Moore, Jennifer Rizzotti and Diana Taurasi are just a few that have helped the Huskies win an NCAA-record nine national championships. Senior Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis must be…”

[LINK] to full article.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Geno: "...Another big part is she was never the best player on the team. So everybody just assumed that they had to stop other people and then she would sneak up on them."

Not sure that KML wasn't the best player on the floor for a good portion of her freshman year, or even at times since then. I recall the Baylor game at Baylor in particular, but there were others where she really stood out.

Certainly Tiffany, Stef and Bria were all great - but KML was not any less great, even as a frosh IMO

Reaction Score
Nice article, about a very special player, playing at a place that just seems to both attract, and develop, special players. We are indeed, very lucky, to by Husky fans...

Reaction Score
Geno is the coach and sees her play more than most, but I would argue, she was the best player on the team in both her freshman and sophomore years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interestingly, I was just thinking about Rich. I'm guessing that, even if it's not an assignment, he's still following the UConn women.

It's a shame that her only single-digit scoring game in the NCAA tourney was due to a bad tape job. So, who's the only person who can hold down KML's scoring? The UConn trainer. :(

I think that much of her first year, Kaleena was the best player on the team. When she hit the mid-season slump and "pouted" (Geno's word), she may not have been. During KML's second season, Stewie started out scoring even faster than Maya, then she ran into her own spell of inconsistency. Meanwhile, Kaleena was earning AA honors. Last year was up and down for Kaleena as she dealt with injuries and illness. In the NCAA tourney in 2013 and 2014, no on--not even Stewie--played better than Kaleena.

Interestingly, though K is often confident, Geno has noted that she doesn't deal with adversity well. Like Tiffany and others before her, Kaleena has learned to broaden her game and make contributions even when her shot is off (which is not often in K's case).

We are going to miss K. I hope she winds up in a good situation in the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom