NFL stadium instituting changes. Should Rent too? | The Boneyard

NFL stadium instituting changes. Should Rent too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NFL has come to the conclusion its game day experience must be enhanced to compete with its great TV experience. Folks are opting to stay home and watch rather than come to the stadium. So the NFL has made changes.

With virtually every UConn game on TV, should the Rent learn from the NFL? One change the NFL is making would be great at the Rent. The NFL stadiums will now show the same replays that are being shown at home. The number of replays at the Rent is pathetic. It would enhance the game experience tremendously if all replays, good and bad, were shown in the stadium.

Embracing technological improvements also make sense. The Rent needs wifi so that folks could use their phones or ipads to check out other games.

If the NFL is worried about attendance, college football needs to follow suit. UConn should act now, rather than drag its feet and shuffle slowly behind the times.

Reaction Score
people don't stay home from NFL games because of the replays. they stay home to save themselves $500+ for a family of 4. the crowds of rowdy drunks don't really make it any easier to justify spending a car payment on an afternoon

Reaction Score
people don't stay home from NFL games because of the replays. they stay home to save themselves $500+ for a family of 4. the crowds of rowdy drunks don't really make it any easier to justify spending a car payment on an afternoon
They stay home because of many, many reasons.

The NFL has improved the home viewing experience with NFL Red Zone and all kinds of fantasy football updates, etc. This is an attempt by the NFL to bring the home experience into the stadium.

It's much more than replays, although will be one of the most noticeable differences.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn has to worry TOO much that TV is preferable to attending the game, but the things you mention would be welcome to the game day experience.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am getting old. For me, the game is the thing. Gimme a seat with a decent sight line and I'm good. The rest is noise.

Wi-Fi and better replays won't get in my way so I guess I'm for it.

Reaction Score
Is it a UConn mandate on not showing replays or one from the Big East to not show up the officiating? Just curious.
On a related note, I remember an NFL game a couple of years ago, where a runner broke free & had an opposing player chasing him from behind. The runner
happened to look up at the jumbotron to see the chaser attempt a diving tackle & sidstepped him just in time. it was priceless.

Reaction Score
generally those are league restrictions on showing controversial replays to show up officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom