NFL Net stake for sale? | The Boneyard

NFL Net stake for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Cord cutters have really put a crimp in tv business. If it wasn't because of the recent creation of the sec network, I'd seriously doubt all the talk that the B1G is going to cash in big time. I mean if the nfl network is feeling the effects of the cord cutters, how can these college networks expect to thrive?

Reaction Score
I mean if the nfl network is feeling the effects of the cord cutters, how can these college networks expect to thrive?
How much value does the NFL network provide its viewers? If you live in the viewing area in which your team resides, then CBS/Fox/Sunday Night/Monday night football covers 15/16 games during the regular season. CBS/Fox cover 100% of the playoff games. So you're essentially paying $20.00 for the one regular season Thursday Night game you're going to miss, plus the right to re-watch any game whenever you want. Meh.

I watch the Bears live, like most other sports I watch. If I lived outside of the Chicago market, then I would consider purchasing NFL Network. I can't see myself paying for the NFL network's 'expert analysis.' It's like buying a DVD with outtakes and bloopers. The marketing gimmickry touts all extra features, but I rarely watch that stuff. Just tell me the game time and which channel and I'm there.

Certain college networks are going to thrive, because they have rabid fan bases who demand their respective channels regardless of platform. I've definitely noticed a wider spectrum of advertisers on the BTN this year. I imagine ad revenue is picking up. So when the B1G's new contract is announced, I bet 1) the B1G and Fox are making bank, and 2) John Swofford is going to want to scream into a pillow. I just hope by then UConn has started it's six-year buy-in into the BTN.

Reaction Score
My Thanksgiving pipe dream: The 4 letter network was originally conceived by the Rasmussens as a vehicle to broadcast sports with UCONN athletics as its hub. Paging Mr.s Schenkman, Burton, Gampel, et al. Please form a cartel & purchase NFL Net with the express purpose of turning it into the UCSN. (University of Connecticut Sports Network). All UConn all the time. In the summer, for live programming, fill in with Cape Cod League games featuring Husky Players until football practice starts in August. Broadcast live from the Husky Welcome football banquet at the RENT. It's all good.
Happy Thanksgiving to the YARD.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Would this include Red Zone?? That channel is on every Sunday in my house as we love being able to get every game live. Sometimes they suck at showing all the games but it's pretty solid to have. Wasn't sure if that channel was considered part of NFL Network or something different entirely. Hopefully it stays because with two little kids, my days of going to the bar all day on Sunday are long gone and I'm not switching to DirectTV to get Sunday Ticket.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would this include Red Zone?? That channel is on every Sunday in my house as we love being able to get every game live. Sometimes they suck at showing all the games but it's pretty solid to have. Wasn't sure if that channel was considered part of NFL Network or something different entirely. Hopefully it stays because with two little kids, my days of going to the bar all day on Sunday are long gone and I'm not switching to DirectTV to get Sunday Ticket.

Don't think so - but no RedZone = me never watching any NFL.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Red Zone routinely crushes whatever plans I have on a Sunday.

The first time you have a quad-box moment on Red Zone, you're in for life.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NFL network doesn't have enough games and will never have enough games. You can't build a network on the Draft, an odd Thursday night games and out of market broadcast. It is doomed to fail.

Reaction Score
They need more content. American should try to sell part of content rights to the NFL network and make it into its own channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom