NFL FA Thread | The Boneyard

NFL FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since our mens team is banned from tourney play screw basketball aside from our lady huskies for those that care. March Madness starts tomorrow with NFL FA which should be going at rapid fire. Post any NFL FA signings that you can on this thread.

Cullen Jenkins-Giants

Reaction Score
Mike Wallace- Dolphins

Paul Kruger-Browns

Aaron Ross-Giants

Martellus Bennett-Bears

Delanie Walker-Titans

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what the Patriots did yesterday. Letting Welker go for a 2 million dollar savings, after Brady specifically restructured his contract is one of the worst personnel moves I've seen in a long time. Maybe going back to the Herschel Walker trade.

Then, they overpay for a bargain basement version of Welker, giving Amendola a 5 yr deal when he's missed a lot more games than Welker did due to injury. In Denver, with Decker and Thomas on either side of him, Welker might have 300 catches for 4,000 yds next season.

Reaction Score
Then, they overpay for a bargain basement version of Welker, giving Amendola a 5 yr deal when he's missed a lot more games than Welker did due to injury. In Denver, with Decker and Thomas on either side of him, Welker might have 300 catches for 4,000 yds next season.

Was a bad move by NE but other than the fact that they're both white (which is why I'm assuming you're comparing them) Welker and Amendola are two totally different players. Welker is a slot guy, Amendola is a deep threat that can also be used in the slot. Again not saying I agree with the move but you are way off base with the bargain basement stuff.[/quote]

Reaction Score
Was a bad move by NE but other than the fact that they're both white (which is why I'm assuming you're comparing them) Welker and Amendola are two totally different players. Welker is a slot guy, Amendola is a deep threat that can also be used in the slot. Again not saying I agree with the move but you are way off base with the bargain basement stuff.
[/quote]

Really? The first link I clicked looking for a preseason outlook said this:

"Sam Bradford's most reliable receiver, Danny Amendola has a knack for finding the open zones in the short and intermediate ranges of the field and hands and toughness to make plays over the middle. He's not as quick and explosive as Wes Welker, but he plays this role to a minor degree in St. Louis"

Reaction Score
The Patriots did what they always do. They assigned a value to Welker. Last year they offered 2 at $9m per year. Given the hits he takes, the wear and tear on his body, and the league's continued crack down on concussions (of which Welker has said he's had several), I can see why they would offer him the deal they did. They would not go more than two years this year, they would not guarantee the entirety of the deal like Denver reportedly did, and they stood firm. I wanted Welker back, I don't think any one player will replace him, but they have moved on.

With Amendola and Jones signed, Lloyd restructuring, and possibly signing Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet, it looks as though they are going through a sort of transformation at the wr position. This is what they did with the backs and tight ends as well as the linebackers and de's over the last few years.

Oh and John Abraham is finalizing a deal, I just saw on Twitter and Adrian Wilson is in for a visit. This is the team that never stands still, they just wait for the dust to clear.

Reaction Score
Steven Jackson-Falcons

EAgles- Kenny Phillips, sucks to him leave the Gmen he is a top 10 safety when healthy, Connor Barwin, Cary Williams

Seahawks-Cliff Avril, Bennett (very impressed with those moves for Seattle just loading up on pass rushers)

Broncos-DRC

Lions-Reggie Bush (will be be dangerous being in the same offense as megatron

Ravens- Chris Canty, Marcus Spears

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Greg Jennings to the Vikings.

I'm a Vikings' fan and I wouldn't have signed on to play with Christian Ponder instead of Aaron Rodgers.

Reaction Score
Greg Jennings to the Vikings.

I'm a Vikings' fan and I wouldn't have signed on to play with Christian Ponder instead of Aaron Rodgers.

18 mill guaranteed though

Reaction Score
Adrian Wilson is a Patriot. Will he be Rodney Harrison part 2?

Or will he be Victor Green part 2?

Reaction Score
Pats are mulling an offer for Emmanuel Sanders as well. Jon Abraham and Dwight Freeney were in foxboro Friday.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what the Patriots did yesterday. Letting Welker go for a 2 million dollar savings, after Brady specifically restructured his contract is one of the worst personnel moves I've seen in a long time. Maybe going back to the Herschel Walker trade.

That was the second time Brady restructured his contract so he could get/keep a wide receiver and it is the second time Kraft screwed him. Kraft is a scumbag.

Reaction Score
That was the second time Brady restructured his contract so he could get/keep a wide receiver and it is the second time Kraft screwed him. Kraft is a scumbag.

The second time? When was the first? When Branch got traded? Branch was under a fair market deal, wanted a better one, and held out.

Oh, and Kraft gives BB and the rest of the front office entire control. Kraft wanted him back too but don't let facts get in the way.

Reaction Score
The second time? When was the first? When Branch got traded? Branch was under a fair market deal, wanted a better one, and held out.

Oh, and Kraft gives BB and the rest of the front office entire control. Kraft wanted him back too but don't let facts get in the way.
Brady took a hit so the Pats would sign a WR, either Branch or first line receiver and as I recall Brady was angry that the Pats did nothing.
Entire control? Do you really believe that Kraft isn't involved in the major personel decisions? If Kraft really wanted Welker he could have made it happen but don't let logic get in the way.

Reaction Score
Brady took a hit so the Pats would sign a WR, either Branch or first line receive and as I recall Brady was angry that the Pats did nothing.
Entire control? Do you really believe that Kraft isn't involved in the major personel decisions? If Kraft really wanted Welker he could have made it happen but don't let logic get in the way.

Kraft has said he learned his lessons after getting too involved in the Pete Carroll years. Part of Belichick coming to New England was full control.

Go read any of the following books:

The War Room
Patriot Reign
Education of a Coach

It is all there for you.

Reaction Score
Brady took a hit so the Pats would sign a WR, either Branch or first line receiver and as I recall Brady was angry that the Pats did nothing.

Welker clearly was not in the plans given that they had agreed on terms with Amendola on Tuesday. You're just looking for a reason to get on Kraft because you're one of those people who is still upset that he didnt move the team to Hartford.

Reaction Score
This is an NFL FA thread not a Wes Welker thread there is a Wes Welker thread btw on the football board so take your arguing there.

Reaction Score
Welker was a FA, we are discussing how his free agency went. If you dont like it then dont read the posts.

Reaction Score
Welker was a FA, we are discussing how his free agency went. If you dont like it then dont read the posts.

Im the one who made the thread, ok moving on other FA signings

Jake Long-Rams

Brandon Myers, Dan Conelly, Louis Murphy-Giants (typical Jerry Reese moves, low risk one year contracts)

Laron Landry-Colts

Adrian Wilson-Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member