Next Year | The Boneyard

Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking at some of the eliminated teams...

NOTRE DAME
Lose starters Cable, Mabrey
Return: Allen (Sr), Mabrey (So), Ogunbowale (So), Westbeld (Jr), Turner (Jr)
Add: Injured frosh Patberg + top recruits Boley, Young

SO CAROLINA
lose AA Mitchell, Sessions, Roy, Imbovich, Dozier
Return: Wilson (Jr), Coates (Sr), Cuevas (Jr), Cliney (So)
Add: Transfers Alisha Gray (UNC) & Kaela Davis (GT)

LOUISVILLE
lose: Cole (Fr) transferring
Return: top 8 scorers
Add: #6 recruiting class

UCLA
lose: starters Fields and Swain
return: Canada (Jr), Billings (Jr), Korver (Sr), Drummer (Jr), Burke (So), Hayes (Jr)

will add more later

Reaction Score
Baylor is the team that concerns me post this and next year. HUGE team that has quick, good shooting guards. Next year, height will be issue.

Reaction Score
Baylor is the team that concerns me post this and next year. HUGE team that has quick, good shooting guards. Next year, height will be issue.
Height advantage can be neutralized if the undersized team is willing to box out from the free throw line to the basket. Not done regularly but should be taught continuously.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Always good to know who is leaving and who is coming back. We lose Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck and Pulido... I don't think anyone loses more when you take into account what they mean to the team's success.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is going to be so guard heavy next year.. and on the other hand, you have Baylor who's going to be a team full of Amazons next year.

Louisville adds a good freshmen class. South Carolina adds some good guards via transfer but loses almost an entire veteran backcourt (probably more good than bad, to be honest.. Mitchell is the big loss, Sessions and Dozier will be missed for leadership) and a very steady 1-yr post player in Imovbioh. Maryland adds a stellar freshmen class to an already very talented young team. Ohio State adds a great balance of talented freshmen (McCoy, Caretti etc) and proven transfers (Mavunga, Harper etc) to an already talented offensive team, Harper will boost them defensively.

We need to do an update on the top 15-20 teams for next year.. who's losing, who's gaining etc..

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is going to be so guard heavy next year.. and on the other hand, you have Baylor who's going to be a team full of Amazons next year.

Louisville adds a good freshmen class. South Carolina adds some good guards via transfer but loses almost an entire veteran backcourt (probably more good than bad, to be honest.. Mitchell is the big loss, Sessions and Dozier will be missed for leadership) and a very steady 1-yr post player in Imovbioh. Maryland adds a stellar freshmen class to an already very talented young team. Ohio State adds a great balance of talented freshmen (McCoy, Caretti etc) and proven transfers (Mavunga, Harper etc) to an already talented offensive team, Harper will boost them defensively.

We need to do an update on the top 15-20 teams for next year.. who's losing, who's gaining etc..

Next year is shaping up, I believe, to be the most wide-open in recent memory. There are at least 10 teams that could very conceivably end up as #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament: Notre Dame, Baylor, Maryland, Louisville, Ohio State, Texas, South Carolina, UCLA, Tennessee, Stanford, and of course UConn...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Next year is shaping up, I believe, to be the most wide-open in recent memory. There are at least 10 teams that could very conceivably end up as #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament: Notre Dame, Baylor, Maryland, Louisville, Ohio State, Texas, South Carolina, UCLA, Tennessee, Stanford, and of course UConn...

Next year will be fun.

Reaction Score
At UConn, a lot will depend on what happens down low: can Natalie improve (I hope so!)? Will Kyla surprise (yes!) Will Morgan return (too much to ask for!). Otherwise, we'll be depending mainly on Gabby and Napheesa, both of whom are terrific, but undersized.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That's fair. I would only be concerned about the same if I were a Huskies fan...

Just my prediction, next year is probably going to warrant much more clinching than UCONN fans have had to go through in YEARS.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's fair. I would only be concerned about the same if I were a Huskies fan...

Just my prediction, next year is probably going to warrant much more clinching than UCONN fans have had to go through in YEARS.

Uh, "clinching"?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
At UConn, a lot will depend on what happens down low: can Natalie improve (I hope so!)? Will Kyla surprise (yes!) Will Morgan return (too much to ask for!). Otherwise, we'll be depending mainly on Gabby and Napheesa, both of whom are terrific, but undersized.
Well, then, of course there is Lou! And little Miss Danger. By the way, did anyone notice, among the general excitement yesterday, that Butler got six points, 8 boards and 2 blocks in 14 minutes? That is NOT shabby!

Reaction Score
Well, then, of course there is Lou! And little Miss Danger. By the way, did anyone notice, among the general excitement yesterday, that Butler got six points, 8 boards and 2 blocks in 14 minutes? That is NOT shabby!
good point about Natalie, yesterday. But she's not yet been consistent. And Crystal won't be giving us a presence "down low." Lou has yet to develop a hungry attitude about rebounding, but it could happen: she's a proven learner.

Reaction Score
Good point bags about consistency. When Natalie learns to play bigger, she will be a force down low.

Reaction Score

A perfect example why it is so important for UCONN to win NC#11 this year!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I think we'd better get use to Baylor being a consistent top 5 team in WCBB. Mulkey is a n excellent recruiter, and can flat out coach. Recently, she has been able to recruit the best talent in Texas. Make no mistake about it. Baylor has become a desired program for the local blue chip talent in Texas. Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M, SMU, Texas Tech and TCU are the largest desired programs in Texas. With Baylor's recent success, they have moved to the fore front in attracting top area recruits.

I don't believe Mulkey has any plans to retire soon, so we can look for her to seriously challenge for a NC every year. I realize that other programs are loading up too. The rich continue to get richer. The top 8-10 teams will continue to attract the majority of the top recruits in a given class. Its going to be a barnyard brawl for the foreseeable future with respect to supremacy in Division 1 WCBB.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Butler played pretty big at Geargetown when it was her sole responsibility! I am betting that she will again next year. It is not easy coming off the bench and playing with a different set of teammates every time you get into a game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think we'd better get use to Baylor being a consistent top 5 team in WCBB. Mulkey is a n excellent recruiter, and can flat out coach. Recently, she has been able to recruit the best talent in Texas. Make no mistake about it. Baylor has become a desired program for the local blue chip talent in Texas. Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M, SMU, Texas Tech and TCU are the largest desired programs in Texas. With Baylor's recent success, they have moved to the fore front in attracting top area recruits.

I don't believe Mulkey has any plans to retire soon, so we can look for her to seriously challenge for a NC every year. I realize that other programs are loading up too. The rich continue to get richer. The top 8-10 teams will continue to attract the majority of the top recruits in a given class. Its going to be a barnyard brawl for the foreseeable future with respect to supremacy in Division 1 WCBB.
I will agree that Mulkey is a great recruiter, though some may say over-recruiter. But as for being a great coach. Well, I think given the same talent Doug Bruno, Jabir or Trish would have a better chance against this current Husky team. Just my opinion.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I will agree that Mulkey is a great recruiter, though some may say over-recruiter. But as for being a great coach. Well, I think given the same talent Doug Bruno, Jabir or Trish would have a better chance against this current Husky team. Just my opinion.
Jordy, who is Trish?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My mistake. Tara. Where did I get Trish from? Listen, don't get old. You've been warned.
I turned 60 on Friday. Does that count?

From Googling, I see that Trish Van Devere was an actress and George C. Scott's wife.

Tara has a sister, I think. Maybe she's a Trish.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I turned 60 on Friday. Does that count?

From Googling, I see that Trish Van Devere was an actress and George C. Scott's wife.

Tara has a sister, I think. Maybe she's a Trish.

Good for you. Happy Birthday. Great news.....folks say that life begins at 60. You've got a lot to look forward to you lucky guy. :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Good for you. Happy Birthday. Great news.....folks say that life begins at 60. You've got a lot to look forward to you lucky guy. :)
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I sure hope you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom