next week make or break | The Boneyard

next week make or break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The one thing that I look back at and feel discouraged about were the two last second 3 pt losses. However if we win these next 3 games that would put us firmly back into the tourney and I think we can do it

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The one thing that I look back at and feel discouraged about were the two last second 3 pt losses. However if we win these next 3 games that would put us firmly back into the tourney and I think we can do it

No, it won't. We can't even sniff the bubble right now and you think 3 wins gets us 'firmly in'?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
we have to win out and either win the conference tourney or make it to the finals not get blown out

Reaction Score
I do not think 3 wins puts us in, but it definitely gets us back in the conversation.

We would probably be around the first four out on that weeks bracketology.

The teams on the bubble have resumes not far off from us as is.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The bubble is really soft and a lot of those teams aren't helping themselves but we'd still need to win out, but I'm still not ruling out an at large minus a complete collapse until March 15.

Reaction Score
I could see us losing one more regular season game/losing in the AAC championship and still getting a 11/12 seed, but that is about it. Otherwise, obviously would have to win the AAC in Hartford which I also think is a decent possibility. Statistically the only team I'd take over us right now in that is SMU, and it's not by much. If we win the next 3 we will be back in the bubble conversation but still have some tough games left. @SMU at Moody off of what I assume will be a tough Tulsa game will be instrumental IMO. That is the kind of W that could really bring our team together.

Reaction Score
6 remaining games vs the top 100 RPI. We are currently 3-8 vs the top 100 RPI (only 3 wins in top 150 too). If we win all 6 of the top 100 games that would put us at 9-8 vs the top 100. Yes that gets us in. But......what the hell would make you think that this team is going to win all 6 of those games (3 are on the road in which we are under .500 this year). I am very optimistic about this team, we have the best player in the AAC and its Hartford so I truly believe we will still win the tournament but in my opinion there's no shot we win all 6 of the games vs the top 100.

Reaction Score
The only thing that gets us "firmly" back in the tournament is winning the AAC championship.

I'm curious, scrappy, how old are you?

Reaction Score
As of tonight:

FIRST OUT: St. John's, UCLA, G.W., Purdue.
NEXT OUT: Davidson, Clemson, NC State, Florida.

Any who looks at these teams and thinks our only chance it to win the AAC is ignorant of the situation.

Florida is 12-11 with 1 Top 50 win and 67 RPI, and oh yea we beat them on their own floor.

Reaction Score
Florida is 12-11 with 1 Top 50 win and 67 RPI, and oh yea we beat them on their own floor.
Our RPI is 97 with a loss to 240 Houston.

When you're considered a "bad loss" on another team's resume, you know the situation is grim.

Reaction Score
Our RPI is 97 with a loss to 240 Houston.

When you're considered a "bad loss" on another team's resume, you know the situation is grim.
The RPI fluctuates with wins. They keep winning, they won't be 97. And sub-100 losses are considered bad. We're not sub-100 anymore, therefore not a bad loss.

Look, this team has made it's life difficult, and the door is all but closed. But it isn't closed yet. They just need to do something (win at least 7 of 8) they have shown no ability to do.

I don't think they do, but I also didn't think they'd win the whole thing as a 7-seed.

Reaction Score
If they somehow win the next three games I guarantee that they will at the very least be in the conversation. Not "firmly in," but probably one of the first 8 teams out.

Reaction Score
Do you really believe that UConn will beat SMU next week in Houston? The losses at home and to teams like Houston have been devastating. I actually am not sure UConn will beat Tulsa at home. I love to believe this, but can we really trust these guys? I don't. This is a big week, but UConn will be lucky to come out 1-1. I think the only hope is for UConn is to try to gel over the next few games, get everybody on the same page, and hope for a miracle in the AAC tourney.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that UConn will beat SMU next week in Houston? The losses at home and to teams like Houston have been devastating. I actually am not sure UConn will beat Tulsa at home. I love to believe this, but can we really trust these guys? I don't. This is a big week, but UConn will be lucky to come out 1-1. I think the only hope is for UConn is to try to gel over the next few games, get everybody on the same page, and hope for a miracle in the AAC tourney.

Not in Houston, but they definitely got a shot in Dallas/Fort Worth that's why they play the games.

To add to this point the 3 home losses consisted of two ridiculous corner 3s with no time left and a 2nd half and ot without boat, yes some bad offense but they still have a pretty good home court advantage at both venues.

Reaction Score
6 remaining games vs the top 100 RPI. We are currently 3-8 vs the top 100 RPI (only 3 wins in top 150 too). If we win all 6 of the top 100 games that would put us at 9-8 vs the top 100. Yes that gets us in. But.what the hell would make you think that this team is going to win all 6 of those games (3 are on the road in which we are under .500 this year). I am very optimistic about this team, we have the best player in the AAC and its Hartford so I truly believe we will still win the tournament but in my opinion there's no shot we win all 6 of the games vs the top 100.

I feel we can win. Just take it 1 at a time. I still believe our line up of Brimah Hamilton Purvis Samuel and Boatright playing at their top together is as good as any other team. Now will they do that and will Facey and Calhoun get out of their slumps--I believe yes. Im looking at 6-2 worst case scenario down the stretch and 2 wins at home is 21 wins--how do they keep a team with 21 wins possibly 6-7 wins against top 100 rpi with two last second losses out when they are the defending champs? We need to finish strong and I have a lot of faith that we will. I believe this team has the potential to get to an elite 8 given the right path.

Reaction Score
I feel we can win. Just take it 1 at a time. I still believe our line up of Brimah Hamilton Purvis Samuel and Boatright playing at their top together is as good as any other team. Now will they do that and will Facey and Calhoun get out of their slumps--I believe yes. Im looking at 6-2 worst case scenario down the stretch and 2 wins at home is 21 wins--how do they keep a team with 21 wins possibly 6-7 wins against top 100 rpi with two last second losses out when they are the defending champs? We need to finish strong and I have a lot of faith that we will. I believe this team has the potential to get to an elite 8 given the right path.
If we finish out 6-2 we'd be 19-11 on the year. Doesn't get us in.

Reaction Score
I think we can have 1 more loss reg season and at the very least we have to be in championship conference tourney game to get in . The NCAA wants 1 of the big dogs that aren't having a good year in the dance.-Uconn , Florida or Michigan.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We need to win the AAC Tournament to get in. The rest of the games are just to improve our AAC Tourney seeding and improve our odds of winning it. We couldn't have gotten any luckier than having the AAC in Hartford this year. We need all the advantage we can get.

Reaction Score
Pivotal week. If we come out of this 2-0 we could have a serious groove going. Excited to see how we handle the challenge

Reaction Score
4xChamps said:
If they somehow win the next three games I guarantee that they will at the very least be in the conversation. Not "firmly in," but probably one of the first 8 teams out.

This. The RPI will improve and some of the other first 8 out are likely to lose. Don't think they will do it but if they do they are back in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom