Next opponent - Michigan vs Baylor | The Boneyard

Next opponent - Michigan vs Baylor

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anyone paying attention? It’s a one point game in OT

Reaction Score
Two very questionable calls (one was definitely a held ball) cost Michigan the game. The 2 foul shots that were made by Baylor, were the difference! That said, Michigan didn't help themselves with some poor passes late in the game and in overtime.

Reaction Score
Baylor by a nose.

They seem like a bad matchup for UConn in some ways, but as this game showed, they are not without their own weaknesses. I would still prefer having some Nika available, but I guess that may not be in the cards. Oh well - survive and hopefully advance.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't care. Both of these teams are flawed enough to get pounded by UConn.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe that either team was able to pull off a win in that one. Yikes!

Props to Michigan for getting it to OT. But where was the execution then? Two missed layups and a live-ball turnover later, and they're going home. On the upside, at least Baylor won't be bringing an intimidation factor into the Monday matchup.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I said in another post, you’d always like and appreciate another team to do your dirty work. Most of the time you have to do it yourself. I was surprised Michigan was able to send it to overtime. I would have rather played Michigan than Baylor. Will all 4 one seeds make it to the FF? If we play Monday like we played today, I think we send Baylor home. ?

Reaction Score
I said in another post, you’d always like and appreciate another team to do your dirty work. Most of the time you have to do it yourself. I was surprised Michigan was able to send it to overtime. I would have rather played Michigan than Baylor. Will all 4 one seeds make it to the FF? If we play Monday like we played today, I think we send Baylor home. ?
If you play the next three games like you played today you will send everyone home....and it won't be close.

Reaction Score
Michigan and Iowa are very similar teams. They both have a dominant scoring point guard, a strong undersized post and a third option from the arc. Baylor is tough as nails defensively and has an incredible stretch four, but very little else offensively. I will be totally surprised if they win on Monday.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Props to Carrington, the graduate transfer from Stanford. Mulkey has a way of getting positive contributors. Folks might remember that the Huskies we in that transfer picture, but she chose Baylor. I felt at the time that it was doubtful her knee would hold up. Good on her.

Reaction Score
Michigan and Iowa are very similar teams. They both have a dominant scoring point guard, a strong undersized post and a third option from the arc. Baylor is tough as nails defensively and has an incredible stretch four, but very little else offensively. I will be totally surprised if they win on Monday.
ESPN lists the River Walk final as the first game on Tuesday. With Baylor eking out a 3 pt win today, & AE & all playing so well, I've lost my fear of Baylor as a dominant team, still think it could be close, but UConn will win. If Stanford ekes out a narrow win tomorrow, I will be sure the championship is UConn's to take.

Reaction Score
ESPN lists the River Walk final as the first game on Tuesday. With Baylor eking out a 3 pt win today, & AE & all playing so well, I've lost my fear of Baylor as a dominant team, still think it could be close, but UConn will win. If Stanford ekes out a narrow win tomorrow, I will be sure the championship is UConn's to take.
Now, ESPN has Indiana - Arizona listed as the 1st game on Monday, & UConn - Baylor as the 2nd game.

Reaction Score
This is what ESPN has posted
453632AB-4D7B-46CE-81F8-15BA2C40EAE8.jpeg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Anyone paying attention? It’s a one point game in OT
Of course, but we were being good little boneyarders and doing so on the General Board. Do we get a star from our favorite moderator? :)

Reaction Score
Baylor by a nose.

They seem like a bad matchup for UConn in some ways, but as this game showed, they are not without their own weaknesses. I would still prefer having some Nika available, but I guess that may not be in the cards. Oh well - survive and hopefully advance.
We won't dominate the boards like we did yesterday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, I see the same thing - The sequence changed when they put the time in; & earlier ESPN had the River Walk final on Tuesday.
7PM slot is clearly the prime slot for ratings.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Of course, but we were being good little boneyarders and doing so on the General Board. Do we get a star from our favorite moderator? :)
Why do you want me to give you a star? :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Why do you want me to give you a star? :rolleyes:
Yeah, well, um .... after I posted that, I was sure I had made a dreadful mistake and might be sent to my room without supper! :eek: :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom