Newton is coming back! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Newton is coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clingan and Castle go lottery, not Karaban. And yes I do think this is a 15-25 kind of season, not a top-5 kind of season, because of the lack of experience and bench depth.

Getting Cam Spencer would definitely change this assessment.
Too early in the morning, I thought you said Clingan and Karaban.

I'll wait until the roster is complete before judging. We didn't have a top 5 kind of season until it mattered this past season so we will see.

I do love the mix of what we have returning along with arguably our best freshman class ever coming in. Spencer would make any talk of us repeating seem more legit.

Reaction Score
Was reading about Elliot Cadeau reclassifying for UNC to be their starting PG next year. And thinking to myself, it sure would be nice if the Huskies have a veteran at the helm. And now this news this morning! Yes! Yes and YYYYES!
Welcome back Tristen.

Reaction Score
Was reading about Elliot Cadeau reclassifying for UNC to be their starting PG next year. And thinking to myself, it sure would be nice if the Huskies have a veteran at the helm. And now this news this morning! Yes! Yes and YYYYES!
Welcome back Tristen.
The game against UNC at MSG will be hilarious. Our 2 PG's are 6'7" and 6'6". UNC's RJ Davis is 6' and Cadeau is 6'2". Good luck to them...

Reaction Score
Between karaban, clingan, castle and newton. We have maybe 4 guys projected To be drafted Next year. Last year we didn’t have that going in to the season. We probably had Hawkins and sanago maybe Jackson but that’s 3 not 4 guys projected drafted. Last year we didn’t have championship experience. Last year we didn’t expect clingan and karaban to be as good as they were (freshmen). Will we miss Joey and Allene type guys. Maybe. But we got a lot of things going for us too. Some guys can step it up in other ways. And we can still add a transfer. right now you definitely can’t count us out for a repeat. Lotsa talent on this team. Lotsa things can still happen. But A tad more inexperienced because we haven’t pulled all those transfers in but top to bottom I like our chances

personally Tristan newton is one of my favorite huskies ever. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he emerges as a 15-5-5 guy.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
This is a great move for Tristen. He won't be relegated to some part time G-League role. He can play with a little chip on his shoulder. He proved himself last year and we love him. We are so lucky to have him back. He will assume the leadership role.

Reaction Score
The game against UNC at MSG will be hilarious. Our 2 PG's are 6'7" and 6'6". UNC's RJ Davis is 6' and Cadeau is 6'2". Good luck to them...
I would say as well always have size advantage inside but their armando bacot is pretty tough. Excited for that matchup!!! If we can get bacot in full trouble might be a Long night for unc

Reaction Score
They're definitely big point guards but I doubt Castle is taller than 6'6 and Newton is 6'3.5

I'm sure Cadeau's height is also inflated.

Reaction Score
In my opinion the move is to slide Newton into Hawkins spot let him be the scorer that he is and relieve him of his ball handling duties (they go to Castle and Diarra)
Sliding Newton off ball coincided with a bit of a rough stretch for him this past season. He seems to excel with the ball in his hands attacking the rim. Will be interesting to see how that on/off ball dynamic plays out with him and Castle.

Unless he has a big leap, Diarra should have a minimal role. He’s not taking ball handling duties away from Newton. Although I can see him getting forced onto the court in certain matchups against quick guards (that Newton and Castle will have trouble staying in front of).

Reaction Score
Stewart is a big strong dude...weighs around 220-230...likely to get time at the 4 in my humble opinion...he looks like he could run some people over...
Yeah him at the for and Alex at the more traditional 3.

Reaction Score
Castle's twitter bio literally says 6'7"
Dude, he's a basketball player almost all of them inflate their height. Newton is listed at 6'5 and people are calling him 6'6 in writeups, he's 6'3.5

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Getting Cam Spencer would definitely change this assessment.
I wonder how much Newton's coming being back impacts Cam Spencer's decision. I have to think it's a plus, because a big question mark just disappeared for us. I would think Jackson's announcement would be more meaningful for Spencer, but that decision has likely already been made and Spencer is likely already aware of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan