Newbies' Numbers | The Boneyard

Newbies' Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The team's official roster has our five incoming players listed with no numbers assigned. Does anyone know if there is some protocol or practice that has been applied to numbers assignments? Does the team try to accommodate players requests. I seem to recall specific examples where kids wanted high profile numbers - like. Is Opening Night when we will see the numbers for the first time? Butler won't play this year, but I assume she will be assigned a number.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
most likely they'll take the number they had in HS... if its taken they'll reverse it 24-42 23-32 etc.

Reaction Score
The new kids get their numbers when practice officially starts and they are issued their uniforms....
You mean like my son's little league team where you didn't know the number until you tried on the shirt to see what size fit you?

I don't buy it. Nike has to make the uniforms and they are fit to each player. They know what numbers the newbies will have...they are just not sharing the information. Why the secrecy both with the home opponent schedule and venue and newbie numbers? I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think there is secrecy or mystery to the numbers at all. No one is updating the website for quite a while, perhaps they are just too busy preparing for the move to their new place or doing some more important stuffs. Season doesn't start next week or next month. I am sure the website will be updated long before that.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think there is secrecy or mystery to the numbers at all. No one is updating the website for quite a while, perhaps they are just too busy preparing for the move to their new place or doing some more important stuffs. Season doesn't start next week or next month. I am sure the website will be updated long before that.

I'm sorry, that's just way too sensible.:)

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, that's just way too sensible.:)

Nope. It is a conspiracy I tell you!

upload_2014-8-31_14-37-36.jpeg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Yes, Nike already knows their numbers, and Geno/CD/Shea/Marissa have long ago assigned those numbers, but our little friends at the NCAA insist that nothing is "official" until they say it is time to be so.
And yes, it is a conspiracy! :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gabby won't be wearing number 1 for sure right?
most likely they'll take the number they had in HS... if its taken they'll reverse it 24-42 23-32 etc.
hmmm that's gonna be tough for Williams. :cool: Wonder if Pulido will give up her 11?

G

genosguy

The team's official roster has our five incoming players listed with no numbers assigned. Does anyone know if there is some protocol or practice that has been applied to numbers assignments? Does the team try to accommodate players requests. I seem to recall specific examples where kids wanted high profile numbers - like. Is Opening Night when we will see the numbers for the first time? Butler won't play this year, but I assume she will be assigned a number.
Unless my faulty brain is slipping more cogs---Typically (in the past) WBB players choose the number they wanted (as one has said usually what they had in HS) if you want Dee's number, you must ask Dee to use it, the number 23 (Jordan's) has been tossed around and bartered over--I think Geno has told some they'd have to prove the ability to wear some number. The top players in UC WBB history need to get the approval of those "historic figures". Few have been turned down to my knowledge, Hayes had to ask Dee and was told she had to "uphold" the intensity that those who wore it had.
But I'm wondering why it's taking so long to get numbers assigned to this new group===Geno and Coaches busy with recruiting and USA????

G

genosguy

I like conspirator theory---Saddam, ISIS, Libya, Russia, China are they hacking UConn numbers??? I swear they stole the number from my jockey shorts--can't ride a horse without them. Then too they hacked the nude pix of my yellow lab and Tzu nuzzling each other. My old granny is still twisting--probably just to get warm on each side.

G

genosguy

hmmm that's gonna be tough for Williams. :cool: Wonder if Pulido will give up her 11?
Now isn't that silly?? Polly Pulido is so nice she may give it up for some consideration. Say one point five mega bucks.
All I can say is Geno and Christine are wonderfully nice people, with 13 people on the squad there has not even been a whisper of Lawlor or Pulido exiting, I think the kids earned their keep.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
3, 23, 32, 34, 24 are some of the most popular number for top players.

why hasnt anyone at UConn snag #10 yet?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All I can say is Geno and Christine are wonderfully nice people, with 13 people on the squad there has not even been a whisper of Lawlor or Pulido exiting, I think the kids earned their keep.
That surprises me a little bit, but I'm glad they are sticking around.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Polly gave up her number (11) to Nurse.

HGN

Reaction Score
Nice looking roster of Champions......But shouldn't Morgan be listed as a Sophomore , vice Junior , if she got a medical redshirt last year?

Reaction Score
Well looky there...the home sched now has the XL and Gampel games listed too:

XL Center:

Post University (exhibition)
SMU
Duke
Tulsa
East Carolina
Cincinnati
Houston

Gampel:

West Chester (exhibition)