New Tradition: On-campus Pep Rally Night Before Home Games | The Boneyard

New Tradition: On-campus Pep Rally Night Before Home Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great idea for starters. Maybe a few Boneyarders could speak and do tailgate recommendations!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
That is awesome... ANother Bobby D special I presume. I can't wait to see what new Gameday and in-game special traditions and highlights he has planned. I'm sure he's got his hands in on the new intro video, etc. for this season.

Reaction Score
I think it's a great idea. Have to get the students to rally around the football program.

But, how may students will be around for pep rally & game, being Labor Day Weekend and all?

Reaction Score
I think it's a great idea. Have to get the students to rally around the football program.

But, how may students will be around for pep rally & game, being Labor Day Weekend and all?
my guess is a ton! they just moved in and will want to go to carriage house and Celeron to party for the long weekend! I'm hoping they'll be at the pep rally and not at Teds for nickel night!

Reaction Score
We attended the pep rally the night before the UCONN-ND football game. Big stage on the Irish Green, space for quite a few band members, cheerleaders, players (it was their Senior Day game), etc. There were some food vending tents as well. A decent crowd assembled for speeches, cheers, band tunes, etc. I don't remember if Charlie Weis was there or not. Some seniors spoke to the crowd, the leprechaun led some cheers. Mike Golic was the main speaker at the rally, pumping up the crowd and knocking Connecticut. (Pardon me, Mr. G: where do you live and work?). Ultimately Greg Lloyd, Jordan Todman, Kashif Moore, Andre Dixon and the rest of the team, with Jasper Howard's hand guiding them, won the game.

I'm curious to see how this tradition will start at UCONN as well as new game day traditions at the Rent. Hopefully that will be announced soon so folks can add them to their pre-game rituals. We've only missed two or three Husky walks since they started. Look forward to the Diaco version.

#HuskyUp my friends--this time next week we'll be at the Rent ready for BYU!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone heard anything else about the new and improved Husky Walk? I read that its going to come through Grey Lot into the stadium, with the team entering The Rent via the tunnel near the locker room.

Will the busses drop them off down the runway?

Pretty pumped about this new Diaco improvement!

Reaction Score
Anyone heard anything else about the new and improved Husky Walk? I read that its going to come through Grey Lot into the stadium, with the team entering The Rent via the tunnel near the locker room.

Will the busses drop them off down the runway?

Pretty pumped about this new Diaco improvement!

New Husky Walk.jpg

Reaction Score
@ssladephoto: .@UConnFootball Coach Bob Diaco fires up the crowd at tonight's pep rally on campus #BleedBlue http://post original url/IpQoMnq9ZZ

image.jpg

@ssladephoto: .@UConnFootball Captain Geremy Davis leads tonight's pep rally crowd in the #UConn chant #BleedBlue http://post original url/mkFMnkSSrB

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if they had the pep rally for temple last night? I couldn't find anything on it, but I remember seeing something that the next pep rally would be vs Temple.

Reaction Score
Yup, I was right. I wonder why they cancelled the pep rally- I didn't see anything about it last night.

@uconnfootball:Make plans to come to the next #UCONNFootball Pep Rally! Friday night Sept 26, and cheer on the Huskies as we prepare for AAC Rival Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom