New offer Kyle Kuzma 2014 wing | The Boneyard

New offer Kyle Kuzma 2014 wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Not a single dunk in a highlight film....(not counting the practice one)...that's unusual. Very soft touch, and yes, amazing resemblance to Lamb.

Reaction Score
Why are we offering this kid? I would like to think Ollie can recruit a little better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Why are we offering this kid? I would like to think Ollie can recruit a little better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You do have to wonder..........No UM or MSU even with mild interest in their backyards and the only B10 team is PSU.......Providence is in on him too as well as Drexel?!!? He thinks of Kentucky and Coach K when he thinks of basketball, doubt it's because of Pat Riley, Goose Givens lol.........he thinks he's 6'9 and he's listed as 6'7 and 6'8.........looks like a pretty decent talent with limited athleticism and strength but so was jeremy.......trust in KO I guess.......

Reaction Score
Yeah Kevin should listen to us (members of the boneyard) more often when it comes to who should and shouldn't get scholarship offers cuz, ya know, we have so much more experience when it comes to recruiting and evaluating high school basketball players than him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Always important to remember that rankings and offers can be a lagging indicator of talent for late bloomers and newcomers. Not every high D1 talent is known and evaluated against peers by the 10th grade.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's a sleeper or maybe Ollie isn't feeling great about our chances with the likes of Oubre et al.

Reaction Score
We need to recruit role players with specific skills too. This kid doesnt look very athletic but there is no doubting he is a great shooter. Every team needs a zone buster.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
He has Jeremy Lamb's body and shooting but is missing his athletic ability. I would pass as we already have the German kid for shooting. He would have to play Deandre's position to work in college since he lacks the athletic ability to play on the wings. We can get a kid similar to this pretty easy. Let's try to get a few more top 100 kids first. Maybe if he had some weight he would be fine without having much athletic hops. He reminds me more of Austin Daye kid from Gonzaga a few years ago then JL.

Reaction Score
He's AAU teammates with Josh Jackson, 2016 SG, possibly best in the class.

Missouri also just offered Kuzma

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He has Jeremy Lamb's body and shooting but is missing his athletic ability. I would pass as we already have the German kid for shooting. He would have to play Deandre's position to work in college since he lacks the athletic ability to play on the wings. We can get a kid similar to this pretty easy. Let's try to get a few more top 100 kids first. Maybe if he had some weight he would be fine without having much athletic hops. He reminds me more of Austin Daye kid from Gonzaga a few years ago then JL.

Seems to me we won a National Championship a decade ago in large part because we had a senior Rashad Anderson who fit this description perfectly and he bailed us out of some pretty dire situations. You can't have all two year players on the team. Ollie is here for the long haul, not just the next two years and has to recruit as such.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
He's a supreme shooter from deep (I was most impressed with his release, high and quick!), he has length, he can play 2g or SF, and is likely a 3 or 4 year player. With Hamilton and Calhoun already on board, what's not to like? I hope he comes here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He has solid offers and not every player can be a high 4 or 5 star player.

Reaction Score
When Lamb committed he was pretty much an unknown. 2-3 star player, offers from Auburn and Georgia I think? If the talent is there you offer it. Especially considering this may be a 5 player class + Purvis. Going to need role players and guys who will have no problem sitting the bench a year or 2.

Reaction Score
Dave Telep just did a write up and mentioned him:

"The new kid

My last game of the night was a major league drive from the basketball civilization of the main gyms at the Fab 48. The target: forward Kyle Kuzma, a 6-foot-8 relative neophyte to the scene. About 15 seconds into the game when Kuzma whipped a pass from the perimeter to a teammate, I got the sense the trip was going to be worth it.

The native of Flint, Mich., will be a post-grad this year at Rise Academy in Pennsylvania. As a high school freshman, Kuzma said he was 5-8. When he arrived at Rise, he was 6-5. He's a legit 6-8 now and probably not finished growing. Don't expect him to be a power forward -- this is a 3-man all the way. The stroke is quite accurate and he sees the floor like a guard (duh, he was a guard until the growth spurt). Kuzma, who turned 18 three days ago, said he left Flint to be challenged basketball-wise.

Before the game, I was told Connecticut offered. His list, which isn't much of a set list at all since he's in the process of hitting the scene, is lengthy. Texas A&M, Utah, Penn State, Arizona State, Seton Hall, Rhode Island, Oakland, James Madison, Miami, Missouri, Boston College and SMU are all in the mix. I know how far off the beaten path he played on Saturday night, so let's credit head coaches Herb Sendek (Arizona State) and Larry Krystkowiak (Utah) for making the journey. Assistants from Missouri, Oakland and James Madison were also there."

Reaction Score
It's funny how people forget Rashad Anderson was a top 15 recruit coming out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom