New Moriah Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Moriah Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I was largely responding to the expectations potentially created by your first line, "Goodie if you got it, you got it. MoJeff has shown her talent against other top players." and the earlier similar ones by others in the thread. That's all. Beyond that I agree with your points.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The collapsing fan at 2:45 is fun.

The hesitation and step-back jumper is indeed a bit reminiscent of Kemba.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Amazing. MJ is electric. I can wait for next season to begin. UConn is silly good. UConn is so talented and together they wont be beat for a couple of year and if our 3 freshman develop before the Baylor game I dont see Baylor beating us. UConn will be at a different level beginning when the freshman develop at the college level and for at minimum of 4 years. If DD and Saniya come and another big we will be at that level for a long time.

Reaction Score
her nickname is Bonn-Bonn & she's a straight beast. Attendance is gnna go up because of the spectacular plays she makes. We just hope that Geno doesn't put a leash on her.

Reaction Score
IF GENO PLAYS DOTY, WHO WAS A DUD THIS PAST SEASON, OVER THIS GIRL HE SHOULD HAVE HIS BRAIN EXAMINED FOR LOSS OF GRAY MATTER!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
IF GENO PLAYS DOTY, WHO WAS A DUD THIS PAST SEASON, OVER THIS GIRL HE SHOULD HAVE HIS BRAIN EXAMINED FOR LOSS OF GRAY MATTER!!!
Yeah, we get it. But you are wrong, just because a kid has skills doesn't mean they are ready to drive the car. Geno repeatedly said he was getting from CD' exactly what they asked of her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
her nickname is Bonn-Bonn & she's a straight beast. Attendance is gnna go up because of the spectacular plays she makes. We just hope that Geno doesn't put a leash on her.
he has a leash on everyone... except DT, Renee & now Bria!

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
The incoming class is perhaps a new leash on life re: BE & NCAA success?:)

Reaction Score
She appears to be an amazing talent, with quickness and a good handle. Hopefully, she will not try to do too much, too soon, and stays in control. If I were Geno, I would emphasize to everyone that they need to keep their hands in a receiving position at ALL times, because this kid can see things that others can't and can thread the needle with the right pass. It's gonna be good!!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think early on, there will be a period where Mo, as a frosh, is going to have to pay more attention to learning the ropes and picking up the UCONN offense than anything else, so she won't be nearly as freewheeling as she has been in the past. Having said that, Geno and staff never want players to overthink, and they clearly don't want to shut down her natural inclinations to drive and get by people....!..... it's more when do you try to do that? and when do you defer? when do you do 'this' and when do you do 'that'? These are things that come gradually especially at the PG position under Geno. She clearly is a gifted player and they will be absolutely thrilled to have her on the court. I'm sure we will see flashes of the 'highlight Moriah' here and there, and these flashes will increase as she gains experience at UCONN.

95% of the time, you would much rather have to 'dial down' a player a teeny bit as opposed to having to prod them into doing things.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think early on, there will be a period where Mo, as a frosh, is going to have to pay more attention to learning the ropes and picking up the UCONN offense than anything else, so she won't be nearly as freewheeling as she has been in the past. Having said that, Geno and staff never want players to overthink, and they clearly don't want to shut down her natural inclinations to drive and get by people....!..... it's more when do you try to do that? and when do you defer? when do you do 'this' and when do you do 'that'? These are things that come gradually especially at the PG position under Geno. She clearly is a gifted player and they will be absolutely thrilled to have her on the court. I'm sure we will see flashes of the 'highlight Moriah' here and there, and these flashes will increase as she gains experience at UCONN.

95% of the time, you would much rather have to 'dial down' a player a teeny bit as opposed to having to prod them into doing things.

Really solid assessment, Mike. I think will exactly be the challenges and the assets that MoJef brings.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
He yelled at KML, sure, but he didn't try to rein her in. She shot tons, tried different ways to score and developed a post-up game. He definitely let her play through her mistakes more than the other two frosh.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
She looks quick enough to guard Wile E Coyote.

....Genius, by trade.

A distinguished graduate of the Acme Point Guard Academy!

This kid’s dynamite!
Wile E Coyote.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Wiley was never able to cover the roadrunner.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Wiley was never able to cover the roadrunner.

Yeah, well, ... everybody knows that's only cuz the Acme franchise forced him to wear those new shoes !

Wile E Coyote SHOES.jpg

(but that was an entirely different thread...)

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
With all the legendary players that have graced the UConn hardwoods, we've never had two players with the skills and physical uniqueness of Moriah and Breanna.

It's gonna be incredibly fun to see how Geno adjusts to them. I'm hoping he'll give Moriah a very long leash, allowing her to create a bit more than has been the norm in UConn offenses. "All good things are wild, and free"! :)

BTW...what's the UConn record for 'breaking ankles'? We might as well just hand that crown to Moriah now! ;)

HGN

Reaction Score
I dont think he puts a leash on her as long as she keeps the turnovers down........I hope he doesn't put a leash on her because she can bring excitement and fans to Gampel.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Any leash will only occur because she doesn't know or execute the offense correctly or is lost on defense. In the same manner Brianna was pulled several times in the games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom