New Hatred for Looserville | The Boneyard

New Hatred for Looserville

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Goimg to the national boards I was originally depressed that Ville was sought as the better product. Then after challenging a few posters who said WVU was left out because of grades yet Louisville is ok, or the fact that their athletic program is not a juggernaut seeing as their fb program has as many Big East champs as ours I began to realize they are MOSTLY ville posters with different handles spamming and warping other fans perceptions of who they are vs uconn. them!

Reaction Score
Goimg to the national boards I was originally depressed that Ville was sought as the better product. Then after challenging a few posters who said WVU was left out because of grades yet Louisville is ok, or the fact that their athletic program is not a juggernaut seeing as their fb program has as many Big East champs as ours I began to realize they are MOSTLY ville posters with different handles spamming and warping other fans perceptions of who they are vs uconn. **** them!

This game Saturday means a lot more than getting to a bowl game this season! In my opinion - this will be the biggest game in the history of the program. Win and ACC comes calling. Lose and never again will a football game matter.

Reaction Score
This game Saturday means a lot more than getting to a bowl game this season! In my opinion - this will be the biggest game in the history of the program. Win and ACC comes calling. Lose and never again will a football game matter.

Cant go into this game believing this. They are vastly better than us this year and have a far, better coach. I doubt any of the people making these decisions would put so much in one game.

That said, Louisville should officially change their name from the Cardinals to the Cockblockers. The they pulled with WVU in trying to keep them from the Big 12, now this with us. Makes you wonder why the Big East ever bailed their asses out of Conference USA to begin with. .

Reaction Score

Good God. Believe really believe that the ACC is going to make a decision based on the result of one game?

Conference realignment makes people say some funny things.

Reaction Score
Cant go into this game believing this. They are vastly better than us this year and have a far, better coach. I doubt any of the people making these decisions would put so much in one game.

That said, Louisville should officially change their name from the Cardinals to the Cockblockers. The **** they pulled with WVU in trying to keep them from the Big 12, now this **** with us. Makes you wonder why the Big East ever bailed their asses out of Conference USA to begin with. .

Wouldn't you hope our University leaders would be doing the same work for us?

Reaction Score
Our coaches are great.

Our athletic leadership has stunk for a long time.

UConn is better academically, Hartford/New Haven is a bigger media market, but we don't have the kind of corporate backing of teams like L'ville. That makes a huge difference.

If athletics mattered, why on earth did the B10 take Rutgers. Athletically they are a joke.

Reaction Score
The other big factor that isn't being mentioned enough but certainly helps our cause is the flight risk that Louisville poses. It's not like conference realignment is done after these transactions and its likely that the B12 will expand...Louisville would bolt the ACC in a flash for the B12.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Are you drinking already? Its not even noon, it's not a game day, and Thanksgiving is a full two days away.

Reaction Score
Good God. Believe really believe that the ACC is going to make a decision based on the result of one game?

Conference realignment makes people say some funny things.
I'm still scratching my head (and other parts) about Rutgers.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So as long as the day ends with the letter Y, huh? I'm pickin' up, what you're puttin' down...

My point is that a conference is not going to extend an invitation based on one game and any statement saying as much must be chemically induced.

Reaction Score
It's all about self preservation. Each program is doing it. I don't like Louisville being in the mix but can't fault them for it.
And the notion that the ACC is going to be swayed by the result of one football game is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
It's all about self preservation. Each program is doing it. I don't like Louisville being in the mix but can't fault them for it.
And the notion that the ACC is going to be swayed by the result of one football game is ridiculous.

Check attendance at all home games this year, UL vs. UC

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big 10 added Maryland. They couldn't qualify for the FCS playoffs. Saturday's result does not matter.

Reaction Score
Hey Louiville.....LARRRRRY TAYLLLLOR. They whined about for years. They're still whiners.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Only to us.

To us and the people making conference invitations. If you think they are watching games you must have missed the last 3 Maryland games. They care about how many dollars you can bleed from cable homes - if you go 0-12 but can bring 5 million cable homes at a dollar a month you can name your conference.

Reaction Score
I thought Whaler's post meant that we could lose the game Sat and it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it would to us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just can't hate Louisville. They've been great for the Big East.

Reaction Score

Just a slight overreaction to the game, don't you think? I am sure the ACC powers that be are deciding based on one football game who will be offered a spot.

Reaction Score
Just a slight overreaction to the game, don't you think? I am sure the ACC powers that be are deciding based on one football game who will be offered a spot.
We would have a far better record this year if we had competent coaching, too.

Reaction Score

Now there's a drama queen of a post.

Reaction Score
I don't wanna say the ACC is gonna make a decision based on this game, that seems a little farfetched. However, if UConn can pull off the upset it does 3 things:
a) shows we're not as bad a football program as everyone's making us out to be
b) shows that Louisville are far from a great or even very good football program, and helps limit their appeal
c) probably kills UL's chances at a big east title

It's an important game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member