New England Top 40 to Watch (2013) | The Boneyard

New England Top 40 to Watch (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Here is a list of my top 40 to watch in New England. I'm sure i'm missing some guys and some aren't on the recruit sites radars yet. If you have a name to watch please add. I'm expecting there to be about 50 kids all together in New England to watch next year(ballpark #). Big year for New England!!! I'm guessing i'm missing 5-7 kids that shoulld be on this list. Also Dean College has a couple guys to watch, they have 5 to 10 FL kids coming in for there 2012 recruit class, that program has taken a dip lately and now has come back to life recently(interesting that PP is involved through a connection there). Cunningham and Boges are part of that group at Dean. I do not have any Milford Acd kids in this since the schools in in NY now. There will be several CT kids at Milford to keep a eye on as well. Out of the rough number of 50 New England kids to watch for 2013, I would guess that half of them(+/-) go BCS. Over 10 of them already have BCS offers... About 25 of the 40 listed here have visited BCS schools already also. A rough guess would have me saying that CT and MA put out 20 BCS kids for 2013. CT and MA this year put 16 kids in the BCS I think, a rough # of just under 20 for all of New England I would say. Enjoy...

CT:
Hakeen Atkinson, Norwalk - DL
Jacob Basilica, Montville - DT
Jahvaney Beckford, Hyde - ATH/DE
Tim Boyle, Xavier - QB
Boeing Brown, Brookfield - QB
Dave Coggins, Sarced Heart - WR
Tyler Fisher, Sailsbury - OL
Max Garrett, Fairfield Warde - S
Shaquan Howsie, Trinity - LB/FB
Andrew Isaacs, Manchester - WR - BC Soft Verbal
Cory Jasudowich, Cheshire Acd - LB
Sadiq Olanrewaju, Salisbury - DE
Liam ONiel, Greenwich - QB
Todd Stafford, Brunswich - QB/DL/OL
Noel Thomas, St Luke - WR
John Van Allen, AOF - ATH/LB

MA:
Eutemia (TJ) Boges, Dean - ATH - Silent UConn Verbal
Robert Brodie, Dean - ATH
Larry Bryd, Dean -DB
Lincoln Collins, BCHS - WR
Domic Craft, Dean, - ATH
Neally Cunningham, Dean - WR - Silent UConn Verbal
Dejion Evans, Catholic Memorial - WR
Alonzo Faison, Dean - DB
Sam Gibson, Cushing Acd - OG
Shaki Holines, HS Commerence - DE
Zach Hume, Nashoba - LB
Maurice Hurst Jr, Xavieran Bros - DT
Jack McDonald, BCHS - OL
John Montelus, Everett - OL
Micah Morel, Brocton - DB
Chuddy Nwachukwu, Dighton - OL
Marcus Odiah, Burlington - RB
Brendan ONiel, BB&N - TE
Joe Previte, Brockton - C
Noah Robinson, Doherty - TE
Shawn Wilkins, Blachstone - WR

RI/NH/VT/ME:
Jake Kennedy, Souhegan Coop - OT
Jared Lebowitz, South Burlington - QB/ATH
Josh Morris, La Salle - ATH/DB

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
More solid work. Thanks. When you applying to be on Coach P's staff? haha

Reaction Score
My wife had Marcus Odiah in school. She speaks extremely highly on his character and work ethic.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
My wife had Marcus Odiah in school. She speaks extremely highly on his character and work ethic.

great info. now i hope your wife gets in his head a bit for the huskies. maybe a A for a verbal?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dejion evans just listed his 5 as MD/UConn/PSU/Cuse/UVA

Reaction Score
great info. now i hope your wife gets in his head a bit for the huskies. maybe a A for a verbal?

Ha, she doesn't have him now. However her room is adorned in UConn items.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't follow UConn football recruiting, but Andrew Isaac's name caught my eye because a) he's from Manchester, which is just down the road from me and from UConn, and b) the Rivals250 just came out today, and he's ranked #182 nationally. I could be wrong, but I think that's the highest I've seen a kid from CT ranked since Khairi Fortt. How soft is his BC verbal, and how can UConn let a kid like this leave the state? It's pretty rare that players with national profile come out of the Nutmeg State to begin with, and it's obviously in UConn's interest to hold onto them. It's one thing for Urban Meyer to pull Aaron Hernandez to UF, but BC? Come on.

Reaction Score
dejion evans just listed his 5 as MD/UConn/PSU/Cuse/UVA

Nice to be in that group and interesting that BC, right down the street from him, isn't among his finalists! They must be shocked in Spaz's office!

Nice work again Dan!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't follow UConn football recruiting, but Andrew Isaac's name caught my eye because a) he's from Manchester, which is just down the road from me and from UConn, and b) the Rivals250 just came out today, and he's ranked #182 nationally. I could be wrong, but I think that's the highest I've seen a kid from CT ranked since Khairi Fortt. How soft is his BC verbal, and how can UConn let a kid like this leave the state? It's pretty rare that players with national profile come out of the Nutmeg State to begin with, and it's obviously in UConn's interest to hold onto them. It's one thing for Urban Meyer to pull Aaron Hernandez to UF, but BC? Come on.

1) he is a solid 3* prospect. a 4th * which he got from rivals is generous at this point(there ahs been alot of star moving around with uconn and bc guys lately hmmmmm lol). if he improves more going to his sr year then 4* is about right in the end i guess. we will see how the #'s/opinions look after summer camps and reports. there is another kid i like alot who also grew up a bit of a bc fan even though hes from ct.

2) i forget the exact situation but either he is orgianlly from the boston area or he has family there-something like that, he is a bit of a bc fan somewhere thru stuff. leaning that way without uconn in the picture.

3)right now he only has offers from uconn and bc. if he does improve then more bcs schools will go after him. i have a hard time thinking he wouldn't entertain offers from bigger/better schools if he is the real deal on the field. but bc seems to be where he wants to be, it was a pretty early verbal for that program considering how the past 2 years have gone for them on the recruit trail and field.

4)PP is making great strides in ct and new england. were not going to win everyone. its hard to win a recruit when there is some connection to another school already in place. we kept the best player in the state home this year and i think when the final ranking next year come out we may do the same.

5) ct kids don't always make the top 250 on rivals, but i would say 6 out of 10 years there is atleast 1 stud ct kid that has gone elsewhere. hopefully we can keep a few of those home now. isaacs imho isn't that type of prospect. he is very good, not knocking him but not that level which you were refering to(redd/hdaz). there will be 2 maybe 3 qb's from ct this year that will have better offers then isaacs will have bcs wise. they will be more sought after. who knows how the stars will look but i would argue that there are 4 kids that will be ranked just as good as isaacs star wise across the sites and most of them will have better offers than isaacs(who has just uconn and bc). i'm talking about boyle/brown/jsaud....

Reaction Score
I understand that Isaacs recently was tweeting from a univ. of maryland basketball game where he was watching the game with HCRE. Sounds like a real soft verbal commit to BC to me.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I understand that Isaacs recently was tweeting from a univ. of maryland basketball game where he was watching the game with HCRE. Sounds like a real soft verbal commit to BC to me.

true story, he was down there this past weekend for MD jr day.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
add tevin montgomery to the list(MA). he had a nice write up on rivals. he has a bc offer and he will be at uconn jr day. goes to school with one of our fan favorites jason sylva at tabor acd. neat thing here- last season was his first playing football. killer athlete for his size. keep him home PP! he was also interested in duke and then ucla/stanford camps for the summer. sounds like school is important to him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UPDATES:

CT:
Hakeen Atkinson, Norwalk - DL
Jacob Basilica, Montville - DT
Jahvaney Beckford, Hyde - ATH/DE
Tim Boyle, Xavier - QB - Cuse/BC/UConn have offered
Boeing Brown, Brookfield (247-3*) - QB - has offers
Dave Coggins, Sarced Heart - WR
Tyler Fisher, Sailsbury - OL
Max Garrett, Fairfield Warde - S
Shaquan Howsie, Trinity - LB/FB
Andrew Isaacs, Manchester (247-3*)- WR - BC Soft Verbal(UConn only other offer)
Cory Jasudowich, Cheshire Acd - LB - BC/UConn has offered
Sadiq Olanrewaju, Salisbury - DE
Liam ONiel, Greenwich - QB
Todd Stafford, Brunswich - QB/DL/OL
Noel Thomas, St Luke (247-3*) - WR - UConn offered
John Van Allen, AOF (247-2*) - ATH/LB - UMass offered

MA:
Eutemia (TJ) Boges, Dean - ATH - UConn offered, Silent UConn Verbal
Robert Brodie, Dean - ATH
Larry Bryd, Dean -DB
Lincoln Collins, BCHS - WR
Domic Craft, Dean, - ATH
Neally Cunningham, Dean - WR - UConn offered, Silent UConn Verbal
Dejion Evans, Catholic Memorial - WR
Alonzo Faison, Dean - DB
Sam Gibson, Cushing Acd - OG
Shaki Holines, HS Commerence - DE
Zach Hume, Nashoba - LB
Maurice Hurst Jr, Xavieran Bros (247-4*) - DT - UConn/BC/UMass has offered
Mackay Lowrie, Roxbury Latin - QB
Jack McDonald, BCHS - OL - UMass has offered
John Montelus, Everett (247-3*) - OL - BC/UConn/FL/Michigan/NCST/Rutgers/Cuse/UVA/WVU have offered
Tevin Montgomery, Tabor - DT - BC/UConn have offered
Micah Morel, Brocton - DB
Chuddy Nwachukwu, Dighton - OL
Marcus Odiah, Burlington - RB
Brendan ONiel, BB&N - TE - UMass offered
Joe Previte, Brockton - C
Noah Robinson, Doherty - TE
Shawn Wilkins, Blachstone - WR

RI/NH/VT/ME:
Jake Kennedy, Souhegan Coop - OT
Jared Lebowitz, South Burlington - QB/ATH
Josh Morris, La Salle (247-3*) - ATH/DB
Jacob Simons, Barrington (247-3*) - ATH/DUAL QB

Reaction Score
Saw this on the rivals board about Brown, take it for what it is worth:

"I've talked to people who don't believe the interest that Brown is getting, so take his listed schools with a grain of salt...I guess I'll leave it at that."

Also I guess Boyle was in for an unofficial visit on Wed

Reaction Score
Looks like BC wants the 2013 class to be centered around the NE kids. Hurst will commit soon. Montgomery won't be far after. Montelus is a BC lean but nowhere near over. Then it looks like Jasudowich is a strong lean and we have a good shot at Boyle. Not to mention the guys we haven't offered like Van Allen,Basilica,Morris,etc. Staff is surprisingly doing a good job so far this year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Looks like BC wants the 2013 class to be centered around the NE kids. Hurst will commit soon. Montgomery won't be far after. Montelus is a BC lean but nowhere near over. Then it looks like Jasudowich is a strong lean and we have a good shot at Boyle. Not to mention the guys we haven't offered like Van Allen,Basilica,Morris,etc. Staff is surprisingly doing a good job so far this year.

yup bc should have about 35 new england commits this year. they are new englands team and all, right? not to mention how well they did last year in new england. its not like a te picked harvard and a cb picked running track down the street over bc football or anyhting. those ma kids love bc football. that staff is clearly greatness all day. your one good new england pick up isn't from here just preped and he couldn't color his name in on his sats but yet we always here about bc standards blah blah.

i'm fine with guys like hank when they want to talk about local kids, but please save your bobby d bull for eagle outsider and not here. bc is really struggling in new england lately and they needs some of those new staff guys to turn it around quickly. the acc/big10 are hard on the trail in new england and its showing, other acc schools like uva/md are going hard after kids and you guys havn't done anything about it, i don't see big east teams all over uconn in new england. uconn is improving lately in new england and overall on the trail as the program builds/grows. whats bc's last couple years been like on the trail?

Reaction Score
I'm not trolling at all on this one. I'm just saying were in good shape trust me I hate the staff and our recruiting had been absolutely terrible lately but so far so good this year. Montelus is still up in the air but the other 2 MA kids aren't going anywhere. Isaacs is already commited and while neither Jadusowich or Boyle are locks, I like our chances. I haven't trolled before and I'm not now. I've come on here and praised alot of the guys UCONN got but hey keep the blinders on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom