New Commit - Cory Jasudowich | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Commit - Cory Jasudowich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Damn. Thought I had a scoop for the board with Cory. My son goes to Cheshire Academy, and one of the football captains is over for dinner. He just told me about Cory -- and I ran to my computer to report and saw this thread.

We were really close to getting Malik Golden from CA last year, although he eventually kept his commitment to PSU :-(

PP is from Cheshire and should be monitoring CA all the time. They put more football kids in D1 schools than any HS in CT.

Reaction Score
Damn. Thought I had a scoop for the board with Cory. My son goes to Cheshire Academy, and one of the football captains is over for dinner. He just told me about Cory -- and I ran to my computer to report and saw this thread.

We were really close to getting Malik Golden from CA last year, although he eventually kept his commitment to PSU :-(

PP is from Cheshire and should be monitoring CA all the time. They put more football kids in D1 schools than any HS in CT.

I believe the Pasqualoni family farm land used to back up to Cheshire Academy campus. He is well aware of CA. Good to "see ya" on the BY!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

make your way over to the recruit board every once in a while. would love to chat about CA...

Reaction Score
Yeah the PP Farm is right around the corner. And I have actually seen him on campus a couple times.

RE had almost no CA presence. In talking to Dan O'Dea, the CA coach who left this year, RE hardly knew the school existed. Given the talent that goes through the school, it always confounded me.

The new football coach (Dave Dykeman) also heads up the baseball program at CA. Good guy. My son is the BB captain and he's excited about Dykeman. A knowledgeable, type A, smart leader.

Reaction Score
make your way over to the recruit board every once in a while. would love to chat about CA...

Hey Dan, will do. One of the CA captains this year, Jeff Beastik,has signed a LOI to Brown, like last year's QB Mike Villiapiano (the son of the ex-Oakland Raider).

We have a beast of a MLB. A Freshman who is 6-4 and gigantic. Will be obscene by his senior year i've been told. From a city in MA. I'll update you on him when my son gets back tonight. UConn needs to follow him, but he is young and still raw.

Reaction Score
I would like to see PP offer Joyner the kid is a 4* on 247sports.com and is intrested in Uconn.

Reaction Score
Edsall recruited Ryan Wirth from Cheshire Academy. But facts are so inconvenient when people want to gripe, why pay attention to them.

Esquire,

I was being more figurative... than literal. Of course RE knew and recruited at CA. The issue the CT HS coaches had with Randy was about long-term relationships -- and as a strategy, he opted to focus his energies with schools outside the state.

Relationships aren't about one kid and one year. Many felt RE needed to thoroughly own CT's recruiting ground and that begins with LT relationships. Not saying that RE was wrong (that may very well have been the best tactic) but statewide we lost a lot of kids to BC, Iowa, PSU and other schools -- and UConn sometimes was never even in the early mix.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Esquire,

I was being more figurative... than literal. Of course RE knew and recruited at CA. The issue the CT HS coaches had with Randy was about long-term relationships -- and as a strategy, he opted to focus his energies with schools outside the state.

Relationships aren't about one kid and one year. Many felt RE needed to thoroughly own CT's recruiting ground and that begins with LT relationships. Not saying that RE was wrong (that may very well have been the best tactic) but statewide we lost a lot of kids to BC, Iowa, PSU and other schools -- and UConn sometimes was never even in the early mix.

If you say anything bad about St Randy, BL will jump to his defense. I imagine we'll hear how 8-5 was a breathtaking coaching job in a minute or two.

Reaction Score
Esquire,

That's the whole point. They wanted him to focus recruits and offers in state. We aren't in the Yankee Conference any more and can't win that way. When CA had someone he wanted, he went and got him. But, per your own examples, he didn't waste time sucking up to coaches about their Ivy League prospects.

Every UConn coach will have this issue for the forseeable future. For some, like P, who have longer ties to the state's coaches, it will take longer before it is a problem but this is a UConn problem -- not an Edsall problem. We will recruit less CT players than we did when we were I-AA and high school coaches won't like it.

Reaction Score
If you say anything bad about St Randy, BL will jump to his defense. I imagine we'll hear how 8-5 was a breathtaking coaching job in a minute or two.

You want to hear something bad about Esdall -- he didn't win enough head to head recruiting battles with BCS programs. You see, what you think is defense is just responding to attacks that devalue what our program accomplished and have little basis in fact.

So go start another thread about Maryland -- it will give you something to do.

Reaction Score
No sense in tilling old ground. I'm happy for RE and his B10 gig. And I hope PP can get 4 and 5 star kids inside and outside our small state.

I just want us to survive, land in a BCS conference and then start to win. How we get there doesn't totally matter to me :)

Reaction Score
Jerk. You want to hear something bad about Esdall -- he didn't win enough head to head recruiting battles with BCS programs. You see, what you think is defense is just responding to attacks that devalue what our program accomplished and have little basis in fact.

So go start another thread about Maryland -- it will give you something to do.

Whoah, BL throwing out some insults. Fight, Fight Fight.

images

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
When CA had someone he wanted, he went and got him.

I don't think he ever missed on a real BCS player from CA, just Ivy league types.

Right?

Reaction Score
I'm younger than that guy. Probably in worse shape, but younger.

I've removed the insult. Too much stress on a lot of fronts (UConn being not anywhere near the top of the list. But I do admit to getting peeved that a guy who starts threads out of the blue on Edsall can somehow determine that I'm obsessive in responding to his posts.

Reaction Score
I don't think he ever missed on a real BCS player from CA, just Ivy league types.

Right?

I am fairly certain that I've never said Edsall was good at recruiting, measured either by recruiting players with stars or winning head to head battles. Why you think that just because you hate every facet of him I must love every facet of him is beyond my comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom