New Career for Calhoun | The Boneyard

New Career for Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=3855#more-3855
"Calhoun ready for new challenge

As Tom Cruise said when looking around for some companionship in the movie Top Gun, the wacky world of sports in New England and beyond offers a “target rich environment”.
Wonder what former Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun is doing to stay busy these days as he morphs into retirement as a Hall of Fame basketball coach? How about a television personality? We’re not talking a Dickie V type basketball analyst, although Calhoun is talking to ESPN about doing some work during the season. How about part of a new show on the increasingly popular Golf Channel called The Back Nine where you would hear Jim Calhoun talking about golf, Jim Calhoun talking about basketball, Jim Calhoun talking about life?
The show would be based in Hartford and have many features and segments with Calhoun playing a major role both in studio and at various golf resorts around the world. How about Calhoun and former President Bill Clinton playing a round of golf together? With backers which include Clint Eastwood and former Husky, Celtic and current Miami Heat star Ray Allen a start-up date sometime early next year is both possible and likely. Calhoun also is thinking about writing a book about how the game of college basketball has changed over the last several years. At the age of 70, Calhoun still has the fire in his belly to do more than ride his bike and play golf. A television outlet involving golf and basketball would seem to be perfect fit."

Reaction Score
I can safely say that if Calhoun wasn't the host of this show, I wouldn't watch it. That being said, if this show does comes to fruition, I'd be sure to catch a few episodes whenever possible.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that the Golf Channel, or much of its production, is re-locating from Orlando to Stamford, CT. As you may be aware, the Chelsea Piers location there is shared with NBC Sports, owner of The Golf Channel. I know that Michael Breed is also contemplating a move to Stamford for his Golf Fix show, which is most convenient to his residence in Greenwich. We'll see. The location would make it simple for JC to participate is some sort of production.

Reaction Score
Calhoun playing a major role both in studio and at various golf resorts around the world.

Sweet!!! And to get payed, I'm so jealous. For Calhoun, I expect this to be a done deal having this perk alone.

Reaction Score
How about part of a new show on the increasingly popular Golf Channel called The Back Nine where you would hear Jim Calhoun talking about golf, Jim Calhoun talking about basketball, Jim Calhoun talking about life?

I'd have to turn on the subtitles if I'm going to watch any of those shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom