New Ap poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Ap poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, but it does matter, becuase if they are a 2 seed, UCONN heads to the Louisville region.
Actually the SEC champion is the closest team to Louisville, so if all # 1's go to closest location, UConn in Lincoln, SEC champion to Louisville, Notre Dame, and Stanford home.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I think using Kentucky as a reason the SEC is great is a little silly.

Just because the conference is competitive and balanced doesn't make it solid.

Personally I think the way the SEC has played out, it's full of equally mediocre teams.

Ya, I don't remember saying anything about Kentucky being "great". Your words not mine. They are a solid and scrappy team though. As far as the conference overall being solid and competitive from top to bottom, all the SEC teams were in the top 100 in the RPI rankings to end the SEC regular season. I don't think any other conference can say that...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ya, I don't remember saying anything about Kentucky being "great". Your words not mine. They are a solid and scrappy team though. As far as the conference overall being solid and competitive from top to bottom, all the SEC teams were in the top 100 in the RPI rankings to end the SEC regular season. I don't think any other conference can say that...

See thread (RPI Scheduling) for discussion about how SEC teams in particular gamed the brain-dead RPI.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I didn't say Kentucky was great either. Your words not mine.

You mentioned 5-6 Kentucky games in your post. A few wins to show how good they are and a few losses to show how good other teams are.

Top 100 RPI?

Well, whoopdie doo.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I didn't say Kentucky was great either. Your words not mine.

You mentioned 5-6 Kentucky games in your post. A few wins to show how good they are and a few losses to show how good other teams are.

Top 100 RPI?

Well, whoopdie doo.

As compared to what, the super stout AAC? That def deserves a whoopie doo (end sarcasm :))

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As compared to what, the super stout AAC? That def deserves a whoopie doo (end sarcasm :))
I never mentioned the AAC. You did.

The Whoopdie Doo was your mentioning top 100 teams. The ones that Uconn beats by 30-50.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

No one made that comparison or said anything about the AAC. It was simply a response to your giving kudos to the SEC about a meaningless RPI stat.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
No one made that comparison or said anything about the AAC. It was simply a response to your giving kudos to the SEC about a meaningless RPI stat.

That was a reply to the other poster, not you. And that's your subjective opinion. I wasn't giving the SEC "kudos". I simply made the statement to all that seem to think that the SEC is some kind of joke. The conference's RPI speaks for itself as far as it being a competitive and solid league, which it is. There is something to be said about the RPI since the NCAA does list it as a viewable stat on their official website. I don't think there is much debate here, but we can def debate the subject if you'd like

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I never mentioned the AAC. You did.

The Whoopdie Doo was your mentioning top 100 teams. The ones that Uconn beats by 30-50.

Yes, but UConn has been the best team for a long time and has been very consistent with how successful they have been. With that success, it's understandable how fans can look down on other teams and try to compare that success...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I wasn't giving the SEC "kudos".

From top to bottom, the SEC is easily the most solid and competitive conference in WCBB. Kudo 1

Ole Miss, the bottom dweller this year in the conference, only lost to Baylor by 7 points, and this was at Baylor. Kudo 2

Every SEC team that Tennessee faced, played us very competitively, with the exception of Auburn, whom we beat by 30. Kudo 3

Kentucky beat Louisville, Tennessee played ND tougher than anyone else has all year, Florida beat ranked Kentucky twice...Bama, historically a horrible team, has some pretty decent conference wins, including one over Kentucky. Kudo 4

There are more examples, but you get the picture. Unknown number of Kudos

The coaches in the league are also really good..It also helps that the SEC is also the top football conference. Coaching Kudos

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That was a reply to the other poster, not you. And that's your subjective opinion. I wasn't giving the SEC "kudos". I simply made the statement to all that seem to think that the SEC is some kind of joke. The conference's RPI speaks for itself as far as it being a competitive and solid league, which it is. There is something to be said about the RPI since the NCAA does list it as a viewable stat on their official website. I don't think there is much debate here, but we can def debate the subject if you'd like

It's not subjective; quite the opposite. I don't think anyone here believes the SEC is a joke, at least I don't. It's just that teams have figured out how to achieve a low RPI without challenging themselves OOC and some SEC teams have played that game very well.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

Well I like giving credit where credit is due my friend. I need a kudos bar like RIGHT NOW

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
It's not subjective; quite the opposite. I don't think anyone here believes the SEC is a joke, at least I don't. It's just that teams have figured out how to achieve a low RPI without challenging themselves OOC and some SEC teams have played that game very well.

The RPI does have it's flaws, but I'm not sure what other barometer you can use to judge how well conference teams are playing. Maybe SOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom