New Ap poll | The Boneyard

New Ap poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Stanford moves back to 4th. Vols move up to 6th, 1 behind #5 So. Car.

LINK

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In general their top-ten is as close as anyone is going to get.

The 3rd and 4th number one seed can go to any top-ten team with a good run in tourney play
esp if Stanford loses and L'ville gets clobbered twice by us.

Don't have a sense if South Carolina is really any good from yesterday.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see UTenn and West V as ones.

And in the NCAA's the 2 North Carolina teams are potential roadblocks and might make deep runs

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn was a unamious selection as #1
Huskies have been the unanimous selection in AP for every week except the second week, when Duke got a vote. Don't think Devils are getting any now.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The SEC myth continues.
Lot of oddities still. Massey maybe more properly has USCar and UTenn at #8 and #10, but Sagarin has Duke at #3. So an issue with Sagarin is that it probably cannot account that well for recent trends, even when the team has gone 4-4 in its last eight and has injury problems.

And the top ranked conference in Sagarin has no teams among the top 6 ranked teams.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
WVU beats Baylor by 2 and leaps past them, which they should, but Tennessee beats USC by 12 and doesn't leap past them? I do not agree that USC should be ranked ahead of UT after losing this head-to-head matchup. Should be interesting to see how the coaches view it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In general their top-ten is as close as anyone is going to get.

The 3rd and 4th number one seed can go to any top-ten team with a good run in tourney play
esp if Stanford loses and L'ville gets clobbered twice by us.

Don't have a sense if South Carolina is really any good from yesterday.

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see UTenn and West V as ones.

And in the NCAA's the 2 North Carolina teams are potential roadblocks and might make deep runs

I think BU beats WVU in the next match-up. Sims had a bad game with 10 turnovers and I don't see that happening again.

Does it really matter at this point of Stanford is a 1 or 2 seed? Either way they will be playing at home against one of teams that could flip flop as the 1 or 2.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I think BU beats WVU in the next match-up. Sims had a bad game with 10 turnovers and I don't see that happening again.

Does it really matter at this point of Stanford is a 1 or 2 seed? Either way they will be playing at home against one of teams that could flip flop as the 1 or 2.

She has 10 turnovers, some crucial, because she doesn't trust her teammates. If she becomes one-woman-team again, the same may happen.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
WVU beats Baylor by 2 and leaps past them, which they should, but Tennessee beats USC by 12 and doesn't leap past them? I do not agree that USC should be ranked ahead of UT after losing this head-to-head matchup. Should be interesting to see how the coaches view it.
Usually the poll voters go by a season's performance to some extent instead of just what happened yesterday. USCar still has two fewer losses than UTenn and a better conference mark, so that is possibly why when the teams meet for the only time on the Vols court that UTenn is still trailing in the poll.

Baylor and WVU have the same conference record and traded road wins with each other, but the 'Eers have one less loss with schedules that are rated pretty similar at least by Massey. Plus Baylor had an 11 game winning streak going, and WVU has a 9 game streak in place.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She has 10 turnovers, some crucial, because she doesn't trust her teammates. If she becomes one-woman-team again, the same may happen.

I agree. That is exactly what she did. And she has teammates who can be trusted. I hope this was a "learning" moment like that Duke coach keeps talking about.

And poor coaching by Mulkey. She moved Odyssey to the PG position for much of the game, leaving Niya Johnson on the wing, and she cannot shoot. Mulkey should have had Imani Wright, a shooter who can also create her own shot, on the court in place of Johnson if Odyssey is going to play PG.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Duke has a lot talent but without a point guard they arent going to the FF without some luck. The game I want to see is LVille and ND in the FF. NO number 1 seed hosting the regionals should have to face UConn and that means LVille ND and Stanford. They have earned a one seed and should not have to face the overall one seed until the FF JMO and I think thats fair.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Duke has a lot talent but without a point guard they arent going to the FF without some luck. The game I want to see is LVille and ND in the FF. NO number 1 seed hosting the regionals should have to face UConn and that means LVille ND and Stanford. They have earned a one seed and should not have to face the overall one seed until the FF JMO and I think thats fair.

I am not sure what Louisville has done to earn a 1 seed.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
USF beat Rutgers last night, at Rutgers. Will be interesting to see the coaches poll today. Will this affect RU? It should.

Reaction Score
USF beat Rutgers last night, at Rutgers. Will be interesting to see the coaches poll today. Will this affect RU? It should.
RU wasn't ranked in the coaches poll last week, so the loss will definitely keep them out- and drop them out of next week's AP poll.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Should also affect USF, who are now up at #40 in Massey and ahead of Rutgers and probably around #30 in Sagarin. Not enough for rankings, but should be in the list of "in" teams for the NCAA brackets.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hey, you're on the UConn board, and Geno says they deserve it. The Boneyard agrees.

Geno just doesn't want to go to Louisville again so he is praying that they are a 1 seed instead of a 2. Maybe he will throw the game in the AAC tourney so that Louisville can secure the 1 seed?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno just doesn't want to go to Louisville again so he is praying that they are a 1 seed instead of a 2. Maybe he will throw the game in the AAC tourney so that Louisville can secure the 1 seed?
Louisville's schedule was not strong, but they have only 1 non-UConn loss, to a good Kentucky club. Whether they are a 1 or a 2 almost doesn't matter because they are hosting. Are teams lining up to go to the Louisville region? I don't think so. Nor are they lining up to go to South Bend. Other than UConn, I can't see any team beating ND at home in the NCAAs. Pencil them in for Nashville.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Had the Big East survived, we would have the top 3 teams in the poll.

No. Stanford would be the #3 team. Louisville would have two additional losses because they would have faced ND twice.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Louisville's schedule was not strong, but they have only 1 non-UConn loss, to a good Kentucky club. Whether they are a 1 or a 2 almost doesn't matter because they are hosting. Are teams lining up to go to the Louisville region? I don't think so. Nor are they lining up to go to South Bend. Other than UConn, I can't see any team beating ND at home in the NCAAs. Pencil them in for Nashville.

Oh, but it does matter, becuase if they are a 2 seed, UCONN heads to the Louisville region.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No. Stanford would be the #3 team. Louisville would have two additional losses because they would have faced ND twice.

In the coaches poll, Stanford IS number 3. Louisville is assured of 1 more loss and Standford won't be challenged. There are truly 6 or 7 teams that could snag the final number 1 seed.

There is going to be a lot of movement over the next week or so as there will likely be several matchups of top 10 teams:

• UCONN vs Louisville
  • USC vs Tennessee
  • Baylor vs WVU
  • Notre Dame vs Maryland and/or Duke
  • Stanford vs nobody

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the coaches poll, Stanford IS number 3. Louisville is assured of 1 more loss and Standford won't be challenged. There are truly 6 or 7 teams that could snag the final number 1 seed.

There is going to be a lot of movement over the next week or so as there will likely be several matchups of top 10 teams:

• [ ]UCONN vs Louisville
    [ ]USC vs Tennessee
    [ ]Baylor vs WVU
    [ ]Notre Dame vs Maryland and/or Duke
    [ ]Stanford vs nobody

They wont have to face both in Greensboro.

ND is on the top half of the ACC bracket, so would face the FSU/Miami winner on Friday.... The NC State/Syracuse winner on Saturday and whoever emerges between Duke/GaTech/Maryland/UNC. Most likely ND will face MD in the championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom