New AP Piece on "Unbeatable Team" | The Boneyard

New AP Piece on "Unbeatable Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, standard sum up. One statement was a bit off:

"While some already see a record ninth title for Connecticut as a foregone conclusion, the rest of the nation can take some solace that Brittney Griner and Baylor looked just as unbeatable last season."

Not the best comparison since Baylor was beaten early last year by Stanford even before they had the hook-up with Louisville, and there is a big question whether UConn will be the third team ever to win all of its regular season games by double digits, a feat that eluded Baylor even in their wins. I also don't think Baylor was seen as being as dominant even as a reigning champ as teams like the undefeated UConn team of 2008-09 was entering the tourney with the three other #1 seeds having 4 or 5 losses and two of them not even automatic qualifiers. That one seemed pretty much foregone.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep reading these articles and you know what. How bout taking the threads on the Boneyard and use them as articles. Many of the articles I've been reading are images of threads on the Boneyard. I really don't like the comparisons being made with Baylor losing to LVille . We are not Baylor we are a better team then Baylor was for many reasons starting with discipline and execution. If UConn loses like they did to St Johns its a fluke. The biggest difference between UConn this season and last season is UConn is healthy and experienced. Last season ND beat us when we weren't healthy and inexperienced. When March came around and we were healthy and had some experience look how we beat up ND. That's exactly when ND doesn't scare me this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom