Nevada Post Presser | The Boneyard

Nevada Post Presser

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Their coach is very impressive. I like her analysis of Gabby Williams

1) Can't appreciate her athleticism until you see her in person. Plays above the rim (a little hyperbole but we get what you mean) for 5' 11"
2) Will be a great pro in the WNBA. She improves every year
3) Her jump shot can be inconsistent but she has good mechanics.

Reaction Score
I was impressed by Nevada: they played hard and clean, never quit, were well coached, had smart shot selection and great fans. I think UConn was UConn and the "closeness" of the final score was a reflection of the Nevada team's effort.

I wonder why Andra Espinoza-Hunter didn't play. I'm assuming it's a Geno message about practice performance.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I think one of the best things for Nevada was they didnt have a long time to think about this game. They played Sunday and won vs SMU and had one day off before UConn. Sounds like they were focused for their Sunday game and were ready to play "some team from back east" on one days rest. I give them a ton of credit for not being deer in the headlights with UConn. Now they go to Hawaii and play Oregon State on Friday. Interesting to see how they do.

Reaction Score
I was impressed by Nevada: they played hard and clean, never quit, were well coached, had smart shot selection and great fans. I think UConn was UConn and the "closeness" of the final score was a reflection of the Nevada team's effort.

I wonder why Andra Espinoza-Hunter didn't play. I'm assuming it's a Geno message about practice performance.
Hope UConn was tired since they didn't react all that well to the physical play.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You're right, they played clean. A dynamic that's not a given in today's game anymore . They gave UConn a very good game for 40 minutes, in spite of being over matched.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Their coach is very impressive. I like her analysis of Gabby Williams

1) Can't appreciate her athleticism until you see her in person. Plays above the rim (a little hyperbole but we get what you mean) for 5' 11"
2) Will be a great pro in the WNBA. She improves every year
3) Her jump shot can be inconsistent but she has good mechanics.
I don't think the "above the rim" comment is hyperbole. Gabby is able to dunk. Some of the rebounds really were were at or above the rim level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom