Neill Ostrout: Huskies owe one to Matt Garry, the latest cult hero in Storrs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Neill Ostrout: Huskies owe one to Matt Garry, the latest cult hero in Storrs

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You’re reading too much into it. All I’m saying is that there are ways to let your Seniors see the floor on Senior night if you prioritize it
Do you think Dan Hurley sat in the war room with his staff twirling his handlebar mustache and plotting to keep Matt off the court? Garry would’ve been subbed in If the game situation allowed it. It just didn’t work out.

Reaction Score
The players on the court failed a Garry. Wev were up 18 and needed a few stops to push it to 20+ then he would have comfortably played!

Reaction Score
I don't think I was the only a bit irked that the end of game meltdown cost Garry a chance for a minute of PT.
He should’ve started and played for the first few minutes. Would that have changed the outcome so much?

Reaction Score
His parents attending are from CT so its not like they've never seen him in a UConn game. They're really the ones who matter. I'm sure Hurley wanted to put him but it was too risky with Depaul's late push (moreso our poor play).

Hopefully he'll see the court sometime soon.

Reaction Score
Fire Hurley! What a disgrace and horrible team culture he builds!
We suck in games decided by less than 5 points!
Bench the starters for the start of the BE tourney!
Give Diggins & Johnson some burn!
Stop the high hedges!
Retaliate for any picks!

Am I doing this right, usual suspects?

Reaction Score
Do you think Dan Hurley sat in the war room with his staff twirling his handlebar mustache and plotting to keep Matt off the court? Garry would’ve been subbed in If the game situation allowed it. It just didn’t work out.
Yeah CL82, i think it’s even a bigger conspiracy theory than you’re outlining above…

Kid sacrificed a lot, has been with the team a while & quite frankly the crowd loves a good walk on. You can do something if the game allows, or you can create a situation to get a kid on the floor to have a moment. Lots of coaches end up burning a Bs first half TO anyways.

End of the day, I’m more passionate about us winning games than if Matt plays, just thought it would have been nice. I’ve changed my mind though and borderline hope they dismiss him from the team at this point

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah CL82, i think it’s even a bigger conspiracy theory than you’re outlining above…

Kid sacrificed a lot, has been with the team a while & quite frankly the crowd loves a good walk on. You can do something if the game allows, or you can create a situation to get a kid on the floor to have a moment. Lots of coaches end up burning a Bs first half TO anyways.

End of the day, I’m more passionate about us winning games than if Matt plays, just thought it would have been nice. I’ve changed my mind though and borderline hope they dismiss him from the team at this point
I agree 100% it would’ve been nice. I just think that Hurley thought he would have more flexibility to sub him in at the end of the game.

Reaction Score

A ride down Memory Lane:

“Admit it, it was awesome when Steve Emt went in for Donny Marshall. When Kyle Chapman went in for Ray Allen. When Richard Moore went in for Ricky Moore. When Jeff Cybart went in for Kevin Freeman. When Ace Watanasuparp went in for Ben Gordon. When Kwasi Gyambibi went in for Tony Robertson. When Darryl Woods went in for Johnnie Selvie. When Mike Woodward went in for Caron Butler. When Jason Baisch went in for Emeka Okafor. When Sami Ameziane went in for Rashad Anderson. When Kyle Bailey went in for A.J. Price. When Martin Gagne for Rudy Gay. When Ben Stewart went in for Alex Oriakhi. When Tor Watts went in for Shabazz Napier. When Nnamdi Amilo went in for Phil Nolan. When Pat Lenehan went in for Ryan Boatright. When Christian Foxen went in for Kentan Facey.”

I honestly couldnt care less. It wouldve been great for him to get on the floor but he didnt. Ok.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
UConn owes matt garry nothing. as far as hoops, matt garry owes everything to UConn.
this is not my avatar. i did not change it. please return my original avatar.
thank you.

Reaction Score
idk if i've ever heard of a walk-on "having" to play on senior night, let alone start. it's nice when it happens, i'm sure dan wanted it to happen, but it didn't. that's how it goes sometimes
I don't remember Calhoun putting in Ruslan Inyatkin during senior night either. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom