Need your glass cleaned? Check out "Our Girls" | The Boneyard

Need your glass cleaned? Check out "Our Girls"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks to me like even after Stokes graduates, we will have at least SIX players on the squad who AVERAGED ten or more rebounds per game during at least one of their high school seasons. Stewart, Tuck, Collier, Boykin, Butler, Williams all seem to qualify. Now that is cleaning some serious glass as a group. Is this as rare as I think it is?

And I can't find relevant data on either Edwards or Nurse (does anyone have ANY season stats, rebounds or otherwise, on those two?)...perhaps one of those kids qualifies as well. Am thinking some folks will get their clocks cleaned as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With Kiah likely to start and Natalie playing the following year, it makes me wonder: What's the single-season record for rebounds? Is it in jeopardy? (I could look it up, but I'd rather initiate a discussion.)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
With Kiah likely to start and Natalie playing the following year, it makes me wonder: What's the single-season record for rebounds? Is it in jeopardy? (I could look it up, but I'd rather initiate a discussion.)
Looks like Charles with 372 her senior year.

Peggy Walsh averaged 12.5 rpg her senior year, but only 27 games.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of variables involved when using high school statistics. What position the person played, and the league/competition that they played against being the two most important, I would think. Remember that Kiah averaged over 20 ppg in high school as well. Division 1 WCBB and UConn in particular, where every opponent brings their A game, is light years away from HS. Not saying that our incoming players won't have tremendouos stats, at UConn, but just reminding that HS stats must be taken with a grain of salt (and sometimes a little lime and a shot of tequila!)...

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looks like Charles with 372 her senior year.

Peggy Walsh averaged 12.5 rpg her senior year, but only 27 games.
Thanks. 12.5 is a lot. But hopefully 39 games times 10 per game would be a new record. I think 10.0 rpg may be within reach.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of variables involved when using high school statistics. What position the person played, and the league/competition that they played against being the two most important, I would think. Remember that Kiah averaged over 20 ppg in high school as well. Division 1 WCBB and UConn in particular, where every opponent brings their A game, is light years away from HS. Not saying that our incoming players won't have tremendouos stats, at UConn, but just reminding that HS stats must be taken with a grain of salt (and sometimes a little lime and aa shot of tequila!)...

SHEN: good one...a chuckle here on the close. And agree with your main point about the variables. At least with Butler, there is a full year of college ball; but I'd suggest that there are a lot of variables which impact college stats as well as high school.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Samuelson news might be on target. IF so, we now have SEVEN kids who can pull down double figure rebounds in any given game. Might have to put two or in play????

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep, Lou averaged 10 boards and 26 points.

When she shoots, there are no offensive rebounds. :)

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
Thanks. 12.5 is a lot. But hopefully 39 games times 10 per game would be a new record. I think 10.0 rpg may be within reach.

I believe Kiah can average 10 rpg....maybe 12 -14. she averaged 7 rpg. in only 18 minutes of action last season. If she get 25+ minutes next season, the single season rebounds and blocks record is definitely in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom