Need a new computer | The Boneyard

Need a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interested in any thoughts pro or con regarding anyone's computer or thoughts on one you wish you had. I'm going to have to buy a new one in the next month or so. I would say and the research I've done so far on a few sites seems to be all over the place in terms of reviews so this process is dragging out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Buy it online. Get a touch screen as all the software is gearing that way right now.

The longer you intend to keep it the more RAM you want.

Battery life in also something to consider.

Avoid Windows 8 if you can, I think it's terrible.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
My first advice might be not to buy a computer at all. Why not a tablet? If you just don't like them or are doing more than just email and web then buy a Macbook. My Macbook Pro is 7 years old and I have absolutely no desire to upgrade. It's easily the best computer I've ever owned. Not even close. I've purchased laptops from every major manufacturer and they all were varying degrees of not very good. I used to spend a lot of my time diagnosing issues with Windows... now I just use my computer. If you want a desktop... then it hardly matters. Honestly . Again I really like the Mac Mini I bought for my kids. The HPs I use at work seem pretty good too, I just got an EliteDesk Mini. Although I would lean towards a faster hard drive 7200rpm in a desktop. It helps with Windows a lot.

Hopefully my rambling will help. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange