Nebraska game Badass Award goe to . . . | The Boneyard

Nebraska game Badass Award goe to . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . Breanna Stewart. Not even close. :D

Let's hope that Lou and Saniya and Courtney played well enough (I, for one, think they did) to justify an intermission from the loooong threads dissecting their lack of know-how, speed, or shooting skills -- for at least a weekend. :cool:

Suggestion for Kia, Gabby and Pheese: Work that pull-up jumper into your repertoire. ;)

Reaction Score

Let's hope that Lou and Saniya and Courtney played well enough (I, for one, think they did) to justify an intermission from the loooong threads dissecting their lack of know-how, speed, or shooting skills -- for at least a weekend. :cool:

Suggestion for Kia, Gabby and Pheese: Work that pull-up jumper into your repertoire. ;)

No kidding...and for Gabby...shoot 100 layups or until your fingertips burn.

Reaction Score

Absolutely--Katie Lou, Saniya and Ms Ekmark earned atta Boys'. Katie lou has the KML monkey removed from her posterior . Ms Chong showed why Uconn recruited her--great point today, good 3 ball and attacks , attacks and attacks. Collier--is all she was supposed to be.
I think Kia was a bit out of sorts today. Not her normal great game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie slices them up like a surgeon. She is a cut above.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou was the Best-Player-Not-Named-Stewart, today. Hats off to Saniya (Tommy) Chong and Courtney (Ek) Ekmark on nice games. Napheesa (Hoover) Collier had a good one, as well.

Let's not start the haters on Nurse. She and Gabulous were both the victims of Bruce Morris' typical bumbling performance, which got them both off on the wrong foot.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If you are a true wcbb and UCONN fan you should know that the frosh will eventually come around. Lou and Napheesa are expanding their games a little at a time and they are earning their minutes in practice. It is obvious that Geno trusts them or they wouldn't be getting the minutes they are. BTW - I really like Napheesa and her game. Great hustle defense, good hands and can mix it up under the boards.

Sinaya had a very nice floor game. She's coming off a leg injury and will be fine. Courtney looked much better today - goos defense and more involved in the offense. Showed she can take the ball to the hoop.

Morgan, Mo, Gabby and Kia had off games. So what! Its a team sport. Their teammates picked them up.

We are just fine.

Reaction Score
IMO, Tuck and Mo didn't have off games..... Stewie dominated the stat sheet when the starters were in and when that happens there's a tendency to look at Tuck's 9 points and think she was off. But she did a great job underneath of beating her defender which caused another defender to help out. The 5 assists she dished were generally easy baskets. In addition, Mo got the ball where it needed to be a played a strong defensive game.

Reaction Score
I will give to Lou. Because otherwise Stewie will win this title for every game.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I will give to Lou. Because otherwise Stewie will win this title for every game.

Not so. Moriah earned it vs. OSU and Gabby vs. K-State. Being high scorer or best player does not necessarily translate to Game Badass.

Reaction Score
Nurse played all last year, all summer, will play all this year and will join her olympic team right after the season. She will rejoin UConn late next summer and some time in late April 2017 she will get a rest. Might be the lady is a bit tired. We saw Bri and Steph get off to sluggish pro starts after the tourney grind. It was a blessing for Tuck to get the summer off. A deep effective bench is essential this year.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Katie Lou was the Best-Player-Not-Named-Stewart, today. Hats off to Saniya (Tommy) Chong and Courtney (Ek) Ekmark on nice games. Napheesa (Hoover) Collier had a good one, as well.

Total 40 points off the bench! :eek:

Reaction Score
If you are a true wcbb and UCONN fan you should know that the frosh will eventually come around. Lou and Napheesa are expanding their games a little at a time and they are earning their minutes in practice. It is obvious that Geno trusts them or they wouldn't be getting the minutes they are. BTW - I really like Napheesa and her game. Great hustle defense, good hands and can mix it up under the boards.

Sinaya had a very nice floor game. She's coming off a leg injury and will be fine. Courtney looked much better today - goos defense and more involved in the offense. Showed she can take the ball to the hoop.

Morgan, Mo, Gabby and Kia had off games. So what! Its a team sport. Their teammates picked them up.

We are just fine.

Yo huskeynut - Good points. Courtney looked relaxed and was moving. She didn't just stand in the corner waiting to take a 3. She looked more like a point guard. Chong was at her best since last year. She had the great head fake and drive to the hoop with super-sonic MO speed. She is the second quickest on the team and not far behind MO. Her shot is one of the best on the team and she is dangerous when she is on. Remember she did score 20 or so in last years Stanford loss. Chong looked like she understood her role and is ready to fight for the point guard spot (first in this year and starter next year.)
Kia and Gabby were off, but I respect Geno in that he quickly recognizes an off night and has a quick hook. Every human has off nights--Geno sees it and responds with the right sub. Not like those baseball managers where the starter is giving up 4-5 runs in the first inning and the manager feels it is necessary to keep the starter in for at least one inning or it will be disrespectful. Let's see--the opposition just batted around and I still don't know if I should take out the starter. Thank goodness Geno knows when a quick hook is necessary. NOT always though. Geno knows when.
Final note - I can see now why Geno talked highly about and out in the open (not usual) about how smart the frosh are. Lou and Collier have had full score lines lately. They really can do it all. If you read the comments after the game--several people, including Stewie, are talking to Lou and Pheese telling them they can be made into the Stewie mold of playing 3 positions and scoring from anywhere. Yes, helping the team in numerous facets of the game.

Reaction Score
Total 40 points off the bench! :eek:
Yes! And let's give another shout out to team conditioning. Obviously, conditioning is a "function" of the depth of a bench that can contribute 40 (!) points, but it's becoming clearer and clearer that very few teams can, or are willing to, run with UConn. Nebraska came out for the second half already dragging butt, managed all of six points in the 3rd quarter, and, unsurprisingly, a sixteen point halftime lead ballooned into a 42 point final victory. Geno is just not going to settle for half-court basketball...always up-tempo, and always unrelenting pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom