ND vs FS | The Boneyard

ND vs FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's an ESPN2 Big Monday game. 7pm (eastern)

It's marked as a Play4Kay game so be prepared for garish pink alternate uniforms.

Reaction Score

It's marked as a Play4Kay game so be prepared for garish pink alternate uniforms.
O, As an Irish fan what's your take on the game? To me ND is clearly the #2 team in the country, but will Florida State make them sweat tonight?

I'm anxious to see the game to see if your girls will dominate. I think the game will tell us a lot about what may lie ahead in the tournament, for them and us.

Reaction Score
If N.D.doesn't win by at least 15 then someone from F.S.U.broke into their locker room and spiked the pre-game punch.If F.S.U.plays as bad vs.N.D.as they did vs.the orangewomen then the score could get into ugly territory for them.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I have watched a lot of ND this year along with UConn, SCar, Maryland, even watched a few PAC 12 games. I have yet to watch a Baylor game so I will be more interested to watch the Baylor vs Oklahoma game tonight. I mean you know what to expect from ND. Like pacific 44 said ND should win by double digits.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
O, As an Irish fan what's your take on the game? To me ND is clearly the #2 team in the country, but will Florida State make them sweat tonight?

I'm anxious to see the game to see if your girls will dominate. I think the game will tell us a lot about what may lie ahead in the tournament, for them and us.

I think that maybe ND turned the corner in the Miami game. The full week off between the Miami and Lousiville games seemed to revitalize some folks (especially Marina Mabrey) and that was one of ND's best all-around games of the season. Then, they blew out Wake with no problem, as they should. So my interest tonight is in seeing whether ND really has turned the corner or whether this will be another dogfight of a conference road game (a la Duke and Louisville).

FSU is statistically the best rebounding team in the country. Last year, ND did well on the boards against them, actually out-rebounding FSU in the ACC tourney final. But Reimer had 8 boards in that game and Loyd had 7. I'm a little worried about the lack of size without Reimer and how that will affect rebounding. I think ND will outplay them in the half-court in terms of getting good shots and not allowing them. But FSU can win if they feast on second-chance points and ND's shooters can't make up the difference from beyond the arc.

I think another key is turnovers. Syracuse beat FSU in part because they turned them over frequently. ND doesn't press or trap like Syracuse but I think they'll be aggressive in the passing lanes. ND's probably going to get beat on the boards so turnovers will be the way to equalize the number of shot opportunities.

Given that FSU has lost to the best 5 teams they've played (to UConn by 24, to Arizona St. by 12, to Louisville by 10, to Syracuse by 10, and to Florida by 10) and that their best win is over Miami, I expect ND to win (let's say by 10! :) ). But as you can tell by the amount I've written, I'm definitely a little bit worried.

Reaction Score
I think that maybe ND turned the corner in the Miami game. The full week off between the Miami and Lousiville games seemed to revitalize some folks (especially Marina Mabrey) and that was one of ND's best all-around games of the season. Then, they blew out Wake with no problem, as they should. So my interest tonight is in seeing whether ND really has turned the corner or whether this will be another dogfight of a conference road game (a la Duke and Louisville).

FSU is statistically the best rebounding team in the country. Last year, ND did well on the boards against them, actually out-rebounding FSU in the ACC tourney final. But Reimer had 8 boards in that game and Loyd had 7. I'm a little worried about the lack of size without Reimer and how that will affect rebounding. I think ND will outplay them in the half-court in terms of getting good shots and not allowing them. But FSU can win if they feast on second-chance points and ND's shooters can't make up the difference from beyond the arc.

I think another key is turnovers. Syracuse beat FSU in part because they turned them over frequently. ND doesn't press or trap like Syracuse but I think they'll be aggressive in the passing lanes. ND's probably going to get beat on the boards so turnovers will be the way to equalize the number of shot opportunities.

Given that FSU has lost to the best 5 teams they've played (to UConn by 24, to Arizona St. by 12, to Louisville by 10, to Syracuse by 10, and to Florida by 10) and that their best win is over Miami, I expect ND to win (let's say by 10! :) ). But as you can tell by the amount I've written, I'm definitely a little bit worried.
Nah Not to worry. (Always easy when it's somebody else's team!)
Looked at the brackets today and see a potential ND OHSU matatchup. Now THAT would be one for the ages.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Pink is not the problem and UnderArmour has come a long way with Play4Kay uniforms. It is when they try to mix in a primary color like ND Green when you run into problems.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the good background, Orangutan. Good luck tonight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can FSU compete at home? I see an Irish win of about 85-70.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Westbeld in foul trouble is bad news. So are the early turnovers.

I thought that was a clean block by Westbeld.

Reaction Score

Pink with white vs gray with pink. Good luck guessing which team is which.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Did not play well in that quarter and up 2. I'll take it.

Need Turner to avoid picking up any more fouls, though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ND is getting open threes. And hitting them. 6-7 overall. 3 for Arike and 2 for Mabrey.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
43-28 Irish at the half. You can't have scoring droughts against the Irish, especially if you consistently leave Mabrey open.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
ND: Killers from the outside... 8/12 from outside in the first half...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Could have done without that little 4-point spurt to end the half but otherwise great 2nd quarter.

Florida State's 3-point defense is...not good.

These are the best minutes I've seen from Koko Nelson. Much needed given the foul trouble.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Boy ND is beating the crap out of them in the 2nd quarter...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Romero is just awful tonight, and Bulgak is a non-factor. So far.

Reaction Score
they're a very disciplined team. they take good, high percentage shots and play such tough defense. clearly, the class of WCBB (with one obvious exception!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom