NC State. Season 2. | The Boneyard

NC State. Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to prepare this week as champions. Play FAST. Take the field ready on Saturday. NC State. Big time challenge.

Here are some words adapted from Coach Flowers, Leland HS football, and with UConn blue blood infused.

I will conquer what has not been conquered. Defeat will not be in my creed. I believe where others have doubted. I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor and respect of my team. I have trained my mind and now my body will follow!

I will acknowledge the fact that I am an elite warrior who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by any means at my disposal. I expect that my enemy expects to defeat me. I will gladly go into the field of battle, and I will arrive at that field of battle violently.

I embrace the fact that my team expects me to move faster, further, and fight harder than our opponents. Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One hundred percent and more.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained warrior. My heart and my soul will be the fuel to carry my body when my limbs are weary. I will never falter, I will never lose focus as long as there is hope in my mind and my heart still beats. I will never give in to the evil that is weakness and I will fight that evil with my dying breath.

Energetically will I meet my enemies, who stand in the way of reaching my goal. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. My enemy need not fear me but, I will make him respect me with all that I have to give. Readily will I display the discipline and strength required to fight on to my objective and I will complete my mission. I will rise when I have fallen. I will rip the heart from my enemy and leave it beating on the ground.

To my sides, I have comrades who have been with me through thick and thin, through blood, sweat, and pain. Never will I let them down, and I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall at the hands of my enemy and under no circumstances will I ever surrender. Surrender is not a Champion’s word.

History will remember my name and history will not have to be kind. For I will have denied criticisms and put in my own praise, only I can define me, only I can tell me what I can achieve. No one will say I have not given all I have to give and none will take my glory, as I lay exhausted on the field of battle - in victory.

WHO AM I? ….

I AM A CHAMPION!!!

Our belief, our code, OUR RELIGION is what? …. The commandments of football.

Solve your problems with aggression. Play every play like it's the last play you will ever play. I am a Champion.

I can't wait for Saturday. High noon.

Reaction Score
The more I think about myself, the weaker I become. The more I think about serving a purpose larger than myself, the stronger I become. - Eric Greitens

Reaction Score
Nobody like a young Iron Mike before the pressure of the business got him. Now that's gonna get me fired up a bit.

Reaction Score
Too long didn't read. Reminded me of BLawyer writing about the long snapper depth chart. Zzzzzzzzz.

Reaction Score
Tyson in his prime could hang 60 on anybody.

I want us to go out and hang 60 on NC State this weekend.

Reaction Score

I'll settle for hanging 1 more than they hang on us. I'm looking forward to this game. We'll know a lot more about this team on Saturday night. I'm expecting a tight game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I may have a small d*ck, but I have big duckkin' balls!!!

"It's time to decide what kind of man you want to be," he started. "Do you want to be a man who's weaker than a fart in an astronaut suit? Or do you want to be a man who stares adversity in the face and tells it to duckk off?" I thought about it for a moment and decided I didn't really want to be either of those things.

"Do you want to be a man who can't give his own son a piggyback ride because you have chopsticks for legs? Or do you want to be a man who squats 400 pounds five times with enough testosterone left over to impregnate a woman just by looking at her?" Coach Mac continued, the intensity in his coarse voice growing. "Now when you get in that squat rack, you've got to be a real man. Not some boy who worries about his arithmetic test or whatever you guys study at this goshdarn place."

Reaction Score
"Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down, because you told them the truth. And that truth is that you did everything that you could. There wasn't one more thing that you could've done. Can you live in that moment, as best you can, with clear eyes and love in your heart? With joy in your heart? If you can do that, gentlemen, then you're perfect."

Reaction Score
Determination is knowing not only have you prepared yourself 100% physically for victory. It's the recognition that when all else fails, the breaks go against you and the bounces astray, that you are unwilling to break. Unwilling to accept defeat or to let those around you doubt that your destiny is to overcome, to win, to claim what is rightfully yours.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

Reaction Score
"Fifteen-hundred people went into the sea, when Titanic sank from under us. There were twenty boats floating nearby... and only one came back. One. Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six... out of fifteen-hundred. Afterward, the seven-hundred people in the boats had nothing to do but wait... wait to die... wait to live... wait for an absolution... that would never come"

Reaction Score
Is it ironic spectator sports are heavily played on Sabbath days?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Whitmer, McCombs, Wreh-Wilson and Gratz,
Smallwood and Moore, Williams and Williams-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.

Reaction Score

I hope we do... But, on the flipside, one thing to remember about this team is their OL is extremely experienced... Consists of all SRs and 1 JR. Our DL is inexperienced compared to them... That's the test... up front when our D faces their O... We need not let them convert on 3rd down too much...

Reaction Score
I hope we do... But, on the flipside, one thing to remember about this team is their OL is extremely experienced... Consists of all SRs and 1 JR. Our DL is inexperienced compared to them... That's the test... up front when our D faces their O... We need not let them convert on 3rd down too much...

Age and experience? Absolutely matters, 100%. But there's something about being a well-prepared, and more energetic fighter with the will to win.

November 22, 1986.

Trevor Berbick, owner of the WBC heavyweight title belt, the guy that knocked Muhammed Ali into retirement, a guy at 32 years of age, seasoned, pro-fighter with a 32-4-1 record.....entered the ring with a short, stocky fighter, with a short reach....a guy that had just turned 20, and had never fought a heavyweight champion before. That guys name was Mike Tyson.

Here's what happened: It turned out it was one of the longest fights that young guy had, went almost 6 minutes before he knocked the veteran out.

Bill Parcells once said that one of the things that really taught him well about football, and being a coach, and and the whole psychological aspect of training teams and player to be championss, came from when he used to hang around the boxing gyms in North Jersey, and he continued to do it all through offseason as a coach at Army, and then later with the Giants and Jets.... because you got a real good feel about human behavior, when you put guys head to head in a fight in ring.

I feel good about our young guys on the DL, vs. the veterans they'll face this week, when it comes to behavior, as it comes time to when it';s time to fight in the ring that is inside the lines of Rentschler on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom