NBA playoffs | Page 24 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Celtics bs'ing around with this depleted Cavs squad
It’s frustrating to watch at times, but they also were never really challenged this series. I can understand some of the sleepwalking we’ve seen the past couple games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Celtics bs'ing around with this depleted Cavs squad
Marcus Morris doing his best Michael Jordan impression. Simply unconscious and in the zone, even when closely guarded (which he wasn't at first).

Celtics have a tendency to get lazy guarding the perimeter and get lazy running the offense with motion. They aren't good in those minutes. When playing properly, as they did most of the 4th, they dominated. I don't expect 48 minutes at peak, but they are going to have to bump it up closer to 24-32 minutes a game to get to the finals and more than that to win a championship.

Reaction Score
As soon as the Celtics started playing actual team ball in the 4th — after 3 quarters of stagnancy — they just buried the Cavs. That’s an inversion of the usual formula where they play team ball for 3 quarters then take turns jacking step-backs in the 4th.

Anyway, here’s more grist for the Tatum mill:

Edit: Pretty sure the only other player to lead their team in all 5 major stats in a playoff series over the past 50 years is LeBron.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As soon as the Celtics started playing actual team ball in the 4th — after 3 quarters of stagnancy — they just buried the Cavs. That’s an inversion of the usual formula where they play team ball for 3 quarters then take turns jacking step-backs in the 4th.

Edit: Pretty sure the only other player to lead their team in all 5 major stats in a playoff series over the past 50 years is LeBron.

Great series, he stepped up. He has really developed as a playmaker, earlier on he didn’t have that to this degree.

LeBron led both teams in the 2016 Finals.

29.7 pts
11.3 Rebs
8.9 Asts
2.6 stls
2.3 blks

Had to get that in there :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's doesn't get to be called special until they win it all.

Reaction Score

Jokic is leading in all five categories against the best defense in the league, 4 time defensive player of the year, and three giants.

I'm sure Chamberlain did it several times, he had a quintuple double.

Screenshot_20240516_101613_Reddit.jpg

Reaction Score
MOST PLAYOFF GAMES WITH 30+ PTS, 10+ REB, 5+ AST
  • 49 LeBron James
  • 20 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  • 19 Larry Bird
  • 18 Nikola Jokic
  • 15 Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • 14 Wilt Chamberlain
  • 14 Elgin Baylor
  • 12 Jayson Tatum
Doesn't even feel like he's playing that well right now tbh.
I regret that I was late to this, but... sure ? Seems like a bit of cherry picking here. How many of the guys on that list are 6'6" guards ? Right, none of them. Meanwhile, I think the point of "the playoffs" is to win championships, right ? 6-0

Reaction Score
I regret that I was late to this, but... sure ? Seems like a bit of cherry picking here. How many of the guys on that list are 6'6" guards ? Right, none of them. Meanwhile, I think the point of "the playoffs" is to win championships, right ? 6-0
This is laughable.

Reaction Score
Remember, all the years where your team loses in the playoffs before the Finals don't count against you, for some reason.
Michael Jordan never won a single playoff round without Scottie Pippen, and only ever won a single playoff game without Pippen.

Fraudulent superstar? Seems like it!

Reaction Score
Jokic is leading in all five categories against the best defense in the league, 4 time defensive player of the year, and three giants.

I'm sure Chamberlain did it several times, he had a quintuple double.

View attachment 100790
Yeah, could happen for Joker for sure. And Wilt probably did it. Great company for Tatum.

Attachments

• tatum.jpg
    tatum.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 27

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They didn't track blocks and steals when Wilt played, of course he's done it.
I really wish more people could see Wilt in action. That guy may be the greatest athlete of all time. High jump, triple jump, ran the 100 and 200, 4.6 40 (Wilt says 4.4), 40 inch standing vertical, more with a step. Strong as hell and 7'1. The YouTube videos are wild.

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I really wish more people could see Wilt in action. That guy may be the greatest athlete of all time. High jump, triple jump, ran the 100 and 200, 4.6 40 (Wilt says 4.4), 40 inch standing vertical, more with a step. Strong as hell and 7'1. The YouTube videos are wild.

And his off the court numbers are even more impressive.

Dude was an elite beach volleyball player in his 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom