NBA playoffs | Page 23 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I cited the stat in my original post (defensive plus/minus). He was never Top 10 in any advanced metric for defense except the year I cited. He was (2012-2020) a very good defender, and exceptional when he wants to be (playoffs). If he's in the 85 percentile, that means 14% of players are better defenders than him (unless BBall-index has some different meaning of percentiles)...hard to see how that contradicts my point.

Nothing I said regarding LeBron's defense was wrong, and nothing I said went along with the moronic Skip Bayliss narrative. He's certainly the all-around best player I have watched as an adult.
Don’t love defensive plus minus to measure one guys defense because so much defense is team based especially in the nba. I was mainly disputing your point of Bron “only trying on defense” for 1 year. We know that’s not true. He was the better defender than MJ. Stronger, faster, quicker, bigger and could defend all 5 positions in his prime.

Reaction Score
Knicks have first round 24 and 25 picks if I have it right. They should take Alex Karaban with one of those picks. Could also add Newton or Spencer with the other one.

Reaction Score
Don’t love defensive plus minus to measure one guys defense because so much defense is team based especially in the nba. I was mainly disputing your point of Bron “only trying on defense” for 1 year. We know that’s not true. He was the better defender than MJ. Stronger, faster, quicker, bigger and could defend all 5 positions in his prime.
Idk man, MJ was a known nightmare to play against, especially with the lip. Maybe Bron could have been a great defender, but he's not in MJs defensive category imo. MJ, Scotty, and Rodman were some of the best defenders to ever take the court together.

Reaction Score
Brunson/Hart/DDV are made men in NYC for life after this season
Screenshot_20240514_210752_X.jpg

Reaction Score
Jokic's one of the three best players I've ever seen. He might not scrap his way into the GOAT tier b/c he's not the defensive presence those top four guys are, but my god man. My god.
He has a very compelling argument for greatest offensive peak ever. Thinking Basketball did an episode on it.

Reaction Score
Knicks have first round 24 and 25 picks if I have it right. They should take Alex Karaban with one of those picks. Could also add Newton or Spencer with the other one.
Knicks should empty the clip in a trade up for Castle.

He is a Thibs player if ever there was one.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hope OG and Robinson can make their way back for the series. They can have a serious chance if they are healthy.
Robinson's done for the season. The rumors are OG may be as well as the Knicks have given nothing as far as a timetable on when he may return.

Reaction Score
Who would the Knicks offer from their now solid or relatively solid rotation (tempered by all the injuries to quite a few players) to get another team to give up their presumed Castle pick?

Would future draft picks be enough?

Right now, they'll have to pony up some serious cash to keep Hartenstein.

Reaction Score
Hope OG and Robinson can make their way back for the series. They can have a serious chance if they are healthy.
Both seem to be chronically injured players, who when healthy, are very impactful.

Not really sure why some players keep getting hurt and why others are ironmen?

Maybe a subject for its own thread?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Robinson's done for the season. The rumors are OG may be as well as the Knicks have given nothing as far as a timetable on when he may return.
Yeah I saw Mitchell is 6-8 weeks (which is the season) but they said last night they’re looking at OG to comeback for next series (hopefully). But they are probably being optimistic in saying that.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah I saw Mitchell is 6-8 weeks (which is the season) but they said last night they’re looking at OG to comeback for next series (hopefully). But they are probably being optimistic in saying that.
At the time I posted that the last thing I had read on OG was they weren't expecting him to be ready for a while and if he had a setback he'd likely be done for the season. Wasn't a very optimistic outlook.

This morning they said he was cleared for light workouts and if he progresses, he could be available to play late next week.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
At the time I posted that the last thing I had read on OG was they weren't expecting him to be ready for a while and if he had a setback he'd likely be done for the season. Wasn't a very optimistic outlook.

This morning they said he was cleared for light workouts and if he progresses, he could be available to play late next week.
OG is more important here. Think Precious can do a solid job with Mitchell out but they NEED OG.

Him vs Tatum would be a fun watch. For the reputation that the Celtics guards have defensively, guards sure do seem to have great games against them.

Reaction Score

He is a Thibs player if ever there was one.
He'd be a great fit but nobody with a top 5 pick is trading down to the mid 20s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#