NBA playoffs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Reaction Score
man AJ has too much athleticism to pass out of a wide open dunk under the basket to a slightly contested corner 3. get the pass and just go up and dunk the ball
True. But I just watched him for a few minutes in which he had a wild block, a putback dunk, a great screen for a three, a steal, a couple deflections and a hard foul. He’s fun lol

Reaction Score
Oof, Andre just got his layup swatted hard by Siakam. But he's playing really well. Bucks have cut the lead from around 20 to 7 near the end of the half. I think Andre has played the entire 2nd quarter

Reaction Score
Halftime in Indiana. Andre Jackson is the only Bucks player with a positive +/- at +7

10 minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal. Didn't get credit for the "block" in the clip from an earlier post because it wasn't really a shot, but great half from AJax!

Reaction Score
Halftime in Indiana. Andre Jackson is the only Bucks player with a positive +/- at +7

10 minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal. Didn't get credit for the "block" in the clip from an earlier post because it wasn't really a shot, but great half from AJax!
How was that not a block. He was shooting a layup even if it looked like it might just hit the front of the rim.

Reaction Score
The entire Bucks offense is Dame/Lopez pick and roll. No wonder they're getting rolled

Reaction Score
That was big time by Middleton, he may have just saved their season if they pull this out. What a game from him.

Reaction Score
Patbev got crossed out of his socks
Yep, nothing Jackson could've done. If he came over quicker it was a pass for a dunk.

I like both teams but kind of wanted the Bucks because that was a heroic performance by Middleton.

Reaction Score
I know the Clippers don't get Kawhi without trading SGA for PG, but man, I know that trade must drive Ballmer crazy. You never turn that down but with the way Kawhi and PG13 haven't delivered and are always hurt you could probably just have built a better team around SGA.

Reaction Score
I know the Clippers don't get Kawhi without trading SGA for PG, but man, I know that trade must drive Ballmer crazy. You never turn that down but with the way Kawhi and PG13 haven't delivered and are always hurt you could probably just have built a better team around SGA.
That's the thing about Kawhi, when he plays at his peak he is one of the best players in the NBA especially considering he is a bonafide two-way player. But, WTF, when is ever healthy?! He is never consistently available.
It's like he made a bargain with the devil in 2019 for the title. I think he has missed 45% of his games since that 2019 season.

Reaction Score
Suns getting punked. Bradley Beal has been stinking worse than a New York City dumpster on a hot summer night.

Reaction Score
Yea TWolves vs Nuggets will be a war, was not expecting them to put it on the Suns like this on the road. I forgot the TWolves didn't have McDaniels and Reid in that series last year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Suns have to have one of the worst constructed rosters ever seen for the talent they have.

Cant believe they really looked at their roster and thought it was a good idea to go all in on Beal. Who’s not a bad player, he just doesn’t make any kind of sense for this roster.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
True. But I just watched him for a few minutes in which he had a wild block, a putback dunk, a great screen for a three, a steal, a couple deflections and a hard foul. He’s fun lol
Those kind of plays where he’s not aggressive is part of the reason he doesn’t get more playing time despite doing all these other amazing things.

Eventually he has to learn that him not being aggressive is actually selfish to his teammates with his talent.

Reaction Score
Pelicans lose by 20+ at home to go down 0-3

9-32 from three

Ho hum

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So your team is 20% from 3 I have a suggestion play Hawk. But before you do that trade Zion, get some draft picks tank and start over

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So your team is 20% from 3 I have a suggestion play Hawk. But before you do that trade Zion, get some draft picks tank and start over
Tbh, most of these misses were from CJ, Herbert, and Alvarado. They missed 15 threes between the 3 of them lol.

Idk who out of that group you play Hawkins over. Rest of the team was 50%.

CJ been playing like this this series.
IMG_4778.jpeg

Reaction Score
It’s a little too late at this point. The Pelicans tripled down on Zion/BI/McCollum, knowing the risks that have stuck with them for years

It worked for a bit. But then Zion got injured again. BI has been unreliable. McCollum has been shooting <40% in the postseason. Same old same old

They tripled down, and they lost. They have the same decision this offseason. Stick with the same core that’s gotten you nowhere, or switch it up and change direction

They’ve shot 28%, 27%, and 28% from 3 in the playoffs so far. They drafted Hawkins to help fix that, then glued him to the bench. They have a choice next year

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s a little too late at this point. The Pelicans tripled down on Zion/BI/McCollum, knowing the risks that have stuck with them for years

It worked for a bit. But then Zion got injured again. BI has been unreliable. McCollum has been shooting <40% in the postseason. Same old same old

They tripled down, and they lost. They have the same decision this offseason. Stick with the same core that’s gotten you nowhere, or switch it up and change direction

They’ve shot 28%, 27%, and 28% from 3 in the playoffs so far. They drafted Hawkins to help fix that, then glued him to the bench. They have a choice next year
I honestly don’t blame CJ that much. They’re playing him out of position.

They need a PG plain and simple. They have an execution problem the same way the Suns do.

You cannot win in the playoffs without a true PG and it was stupid of both of those teams to think they can make these natural scorers and 2Gs run an offense.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t blame CJ that much. They’re playing him out of position.

They need a PG plain and simple. They have an execution problem the same way the Suns do.

You cannot win in the playoffs without a true PG and it was stupid of both of those teams to think they can make these natural scorers and 2Gs run an offense.
I thought the same until today’s game. He must have shot at least 5 bad shots in the first 5 minutes. Pretty clear by that point they were going to lose big once OKC started hitting their shots

They definitely need a point guard. They have amazing movement shooters in Trey Murphy and Jordan Hawkins. CJ shoots really well off ball. These 3 guys could make a lot of threes if the Pels put them in the right positions, but they don’t

Murphy can break out next year with a full healthy season. Idk about CJ and BI. They’ve peaked as players and it’s putting the Pelicans in the play in every year. They have to switch up their strategy

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I thought the same until today’s game. He must have shot at least 5 bad shots in the first 5 minutes. Pretty clear by that point they were going to lose big once OKC started hitting their shots

They definitely need a point guard. They have amazing movement shooters in Trey Murphy and Jordan Hawkins. CJ shoots really well off ball. These 3 guys could make a lot of threes if the Pels put them in the right positions, but they don’t

Murphy can break out next year with a full healthy season. Idk about CJ and BI. They’ve peaked as players and it’s putting the Pelicans in the play in every year. They have to switch up their strategy
Yeah if the Pels had a PG he could try to set CJ and BI up with better, easier shots instead of them having to play iso ball to get their own most of the time.

They have plenty of scorers and nobody whose sole job it is to get them the ball. Just the guy who should be scoring his own most of the time.

They had more turnovers than assists the past 2 games. They desperately need to pickup a guy whose only job is to run the offense this offseason and get others good looks. It’s unfair to ask CJ to do that while nobody can get him easy looks.

Reaction Score
Nuggets have played like dog cr@p this series. Not sure if it's just boredom because they know they can turn it on at any time and beat the Lakers but this level of play certainly won't fly against the Timberwolves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom