NBA not enthralled with Zach Edney | The Boneyard

NBA not enthralled with Zach Edney

Reaction Score
Why UConn football should join the MAC - NewsBreak
According to 1 NBA scout, he feels that Purdue big man Zach Edney's talent may not translate to the NBA game. Yes, he's 7-4, yes he moves well, however can he move fast enough to cover big men like KD, Yannis, and other 5s? Not sure. Why am I mentioning this? Maybe because DC might be in the same situation. DC does move a little bit better, he has shown an outside shot, although he would definitely have to improve it. Remember that the NBA has a defensive 3 seconds technical foul rile, which precludes big men camping in the paint on D. This means that bigs have to move around the lane, and out to the paint. Just food for thought.

Reaction Score
Clingan is considerably more mobile than Edey. A healthy Donovan Clingan is quite a basketball player. When was the last time someone put up a stat line like 14 points, 14 rebounds and 8 (9?) blocks in an NCAA Tournament game?

Reaction Score
Clingan is considerably more mobile than Edey. A healthy Donovan Clingan is quite a basketball player. When was the last time someone put up a stat line like 14 points, 14 rebounds and 8 (9?) blocks in an NCAA Tournament game?
Clingan was robbed of a triple double. In my book he had 10 blocks and that is an absolutely insane stat line

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
According to 1 NBA scout, he feels that Purdue big man Zach Edney's talent may not translate to the NBA game. Yes, he's 7-4, yes he moves well, however can he move fast enough to cover big men like KD, Yannis, and other 5s? Not sure. Why am I mentioning this? Maybe because DC might be in the same situation. DC does move a little bit better, he has shown an outside shot, although he would definitely have to improve it. Remember that the NBA has a defensive 3 seconds technical foul rile, which precludes big men camping in the paint on D. This means that bigs have to move around the lane, and out to the paint. Just food for thought.

Go back to the cave you crawled out of to make this "observation". Food for thought, every NBA draft board has Clingan in the top half of the 1st round and most have him in the top 10.

Beyond your "food for thought" did you actually google or research any mock draft boards or any NBA scout articles about Clingan?

Reaction Score
You were so close. Could have taken this post one step further and said DC should return to school next year and you would have really completed the hot take.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

According to UConn's twitter, it's David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon and Donovan Clingan. I'm assuming this list would include a few others if block shots had been an official stat in the 50's and 60's.

Reaction Score
Donovan is a soph, might still be growing, was hindered by a FOOT injury(try hooping’ with a bad wheel!) and is barely scratching the surface of his potential. Edey is pretty close to “what you see is what you get”.

To quote the eminent Hoops philosopher Forrest Gump-“Donovan is like a box of chocolates….”

You fill it in

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah, the NBA needs more generic 6'6 wings jacking 3's at 33% (when they can get a shot off at all) than a 7'4 guy that will shoot 65% from the field and get to the line every third time he gets the ball. That is why so many of the current NBA GMs will be out of work in 5 years.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yeah, the NBA needs more generic 6'6 wings jacking 3's at 33% (when they can get a shot off at all) than a 7'4 guy that will shoot 65% from the field and get to the line every third time he gets the ball. That is why so many of the current NBA GMs will be out of work in 5 years.
If only an NBA team had access to your unique wisdom.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If only an NBA team had access to your unique wisdom.

There are plenty of teams that dump draft picks at every turn, so my wisdom is not that unique. On the other hand, those that think putting 5 guys on the 3 point line and passing around the perimeter will generate scoring are going the way of the beeper salesmen.

Reaction Score
There he is! Foregone conclusion when I saw OPs post that this was coming.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of teams that dump draft picks at every turn, so my wisdom is not that unique. On the other hand, those that think putting 5 guys on the 3 point line and passing around the perimeter will generate scoring are going the way of the beeper salesmen.
I agree. The current 1 and 2 seeds in both conferences definitely don't play 5's that shoot from the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom